Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2018, 04:33 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson

I think the Noah fans are Dominic fans. It's not so much that they like the character, but the fact that it is Dominic playing him.

The truth will probably never come out, as the show is more about perception than truths. We don't really know exactly what happened as we saw it through the eyes of the people involved. We know they were all involved in their own way, but how much blame is on each person is slanted in favour of the persons pov that we are observing.
Old 05-22-2018, 04:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That is probably true. I can see us sticking with Josh if he were playing a part like that, so I get it I guess.
Old 05-22-2018, 04:51 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
That is probably true. I can see us sticking with Josh if he were playing a part like that, so I get it I guess.
Except his character in Shutter! There was not a lot to like about that man.
Old 05-22-2018, 07:03 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
But he looked so good.
Old 05-22-2018, 11:50 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson

He looked good but the character was just awful. I still can't watch it again. It was one of my big disappointments as I was really looking forward to seeing it and about half way through I realised that there was something deceitful going on with the character. I suppose it's because I like him so much that I didn't want to see him doing that sort of character. Most of his characters have flaws, but that one was just too bad. Sorry for going so off topic. I really like him as Cole as he is only trying to do the right thing even if it turns out to be the wrong thing.
Old 05-22-2018, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

And Cole is still damaged as well. I feel sorry for Cole, but I don't feel anything toward Noah. I just want to give Cole a big ole Hug.
Old 05-23-2018, 02:43 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
And I guess technically he played a villain in Cursed, but how can you not like Werewolf Josh.
Old 05-23-2018, 09:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conway1 (View Post)
And I guess technically he played a villain in Cursed, but how can you not like Werewolf Josh.
Yeah and really, he was only the villain at the very end, so we got to enjoy his beauty throughout the rest of the movie.

I am glad Cole's character is so much more likeable than Noah's that's for sure.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:57 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson

Well Cursed was not meant to be taken seriously as there was a fair bit of comedy in it too. I didn't like the film much as it was a bit silly, especially the ending, and who could take those dreadful 'Special? Effects' seriously. Josh did a sterling job considering the content.

Getting back to The Affair Cole is a much more complex character who is basically good but makes a few bad decisions which impact those around him.
Old 05-23-2018, 05:37 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Well Cursed was not meant to be taken seriously as there was a fair bit of comedy in it too. I didn't like the film much as it was a bit silly, especially the ending, and who could take those dreadful 'Special? Effects' seriously. Josh did a sterling job considering the content.

Getting back to The Affair Cole is a much more complex character who is basically good but makes a few bad decisions which impact those around him.
Yeah, the entire Cursed movie was a re-shoot and recast anyways from the original shoot.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:55 AM
Extreme Fan

I think the difference, villain wise, is that Cole may have done bad things, but it was out of impulse and rage and mostly he tries his best for his family. I know some fans who were always calling him a drug dealer (for season 1) and rapist for the pilot, but he wasn't dealing to kids. And the rapist thing is obviously just in Noah's POV, not Alison's.
Old 05-24-2018, 09:38 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson

The drug dealing business was the whole family, not just Cole. From the look of it they mostly sold to rich people at parties (hence Scotty being at most of them) and a few locals like Oscar, all consenting adults. Noah can't have been that shocked by what he witnessed, as he fantasised doing the same thing to Alison, which he eventually did in the retreat gardens.
Old 05-25-2018, 08:29 AM
Extreme Fan

Oh, I totally agree. I was saying some fans who dislike Cole cite those reasons he's actually a bad guy. But I feel like some of them are just upset about how many fans of the show came for Josh and wanted more Cole.
Old 05-25-2018, 04:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson

Well really if anyone thinks that any of the characters is all good or all bad they are missing the point of the show. In every interview the actors/showrunner/producers etc. say that no-one is all bad, but just sometimes make bad decisions.
Old 05-25-2018, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy K (View Post)
I think the difference, villain wise, is that Cole may have done bad things, but it was out of impulse and rage and mostly he tries his best for his family. I know some fans who were always calling him a drug dealer (for season 1) and rapist for the pilot, but he wasn't dealing to kids. And the rapist thing is obviously just in Noah's POV, not Alison's.
Yeah, Alison didn't mind it at all, she actually instigated that moment and of course she had quite a nice "finish" herself, so Cole is not really all that bad in that scene and yet he has that bad boy vibe which is kind of Hot given that it really wasn't what Noah thought.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread