Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2018, 11:03 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I think Cole knew he needed to move on from Alison and he did have true feelings for Luisa, but they weren't as deep as his feelings for Alison. I don't think Luisa married Cole just to get a Green Card because marriage does not guarantee anything.
That's true, but Lusia also thought the Lockwood had influenced. At that time Cold and Scotty knew most of the police force. I just think Cole wasn't in love with Lydia the way he was with Alison.

Quote:
I don't know about the foreshadowing of Luisa with the gun. In the back of my mind though I kind of think that Luisa is somehow involved with Alison's disappearance and her quick response to Cole when he asked her about him going on a walk about seems like it could be that she might have wanted him out of the way for a bit and maybe there is a reason for that. I could be reading too much into it though.
Good point about Lusia quick response to Cole going on a walkabout. She might have wanted to get rid of him. I do not think you are reading to much into, because I think the same thing. It something about the way she said that Alison getting herself declared a unfit mother do not have to be real, but it just has to look real on paper. I think Lusia knew that neither Alison, nor Cole would go along with the idea, so why did she even bring it up. I think Lusia was thinking of a way for herself to be declared Joannie's mother. I think that Lusia might have figured that if Alison is missing that the state would give her custody again.

Question: Why did Lusia get custody of Joannie the first time? Would custody had sent to Cole, instead of Lusia?
Old 07-17-2018, 12:19 AM
Elite Fan

I don't think Luisa could be declared Joanie's guardian if she and Cole are not together. Cole could be given sole custody again but it would be a very drawn out process and if Luisa wanted to be part of it her background may be looked into so it would be too risky for her to draw attention to herself. I think in this line of thinking Luisa is grasping at straws so perhaps is capable of anything.

Having just seen episode 3, I now know Athena isn't aware of Alison's whereabouts, so it does look like something bad may have happened to Alison. I am fully in sympathy with Helen not wanting more children, especially at her age, it is most unfair of Vic to expect it. We know Noah persuaded her to have her last child, and then went on to have the Affair with Alison before leaving her to cope virtually single handed while he went off and did his thing, so she won't want to be left alone to bring up another child.

Unfortunately I will have to wait until I return home from my trip before I can catch up on eps 4, and 5 so the season may be over for the rest of you guys who watch it in real time. Enjoy!
Old 07-17-2018, 04:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKatherine (View Post)
That's true, but Lusia also thought the Lockwood had influenced. At that time Cold and Scotty knew most of the police force. I just think Cole wasn't in love with Lydia the way he was with Alison.

Good point about Lusia quick response to Cole going on a walkabout. She might have wanted to get rid of him. I do not think you are reading to much into, because I think the same thing. It something about the way she said that Alison getting herself declared a unfit mother do not have to be real, but it just has to look real on paper. I think Lusia knew that neither Alison, nor Cole would go along with the idea, so why did she even bring it up. I think Lusia was thinking of a way for herself to be declared Joannie's mother. I think that Lusia might have figured that if Alison is missing that the state would give her custody again.

Question: Why did Lusia get custody of Joannie the first time? Would custody had sent to Cole, instead of Lusia?
Luisa never had custody, Cole had custody. But Luisa was the one who thought Alison wasn't ready yet for unsupervised visits. Then Luisa reconsidered and convinced Cole.

Luisa knew when she married Cole that just getting married doesn't get her a green card. She entered illegally. She married Cole because she was in love with him and they'd been together for over a year when they got engaged. That year took place between episode 9 and episode 10 of season 2, granted.

Sorry, I don't think Luisa has anything to do with Alison's disappearance, nor do I think that gun part was any kind of foreshadowing.
Old 07-17-2018, 05:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKatherine (View Post)

It wasn't that Luisa didn't have custody, it was that Alison didn't and Cole and Luisa were fighting for sole custody.

Here's a recap of the latest episode.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/15/a...air-recap.html

Nad's Reviews
@NadsReviews
7 hours ago
That’s right, we’ve got an exclusive interview with @SarahTreem, the mastermind behind one of the greatest shows on TV: @SHO_TheAffair
https://nadsreviews.com/2018/07/17/i...of-the-affair/ … #TheAffair #SarahTreem

https://nadsreviews.com/2018/07/17/i...of-the-affair/

icon credit: crash landing

Last edited by JJH85; 07-17-2018 at 05:16 PM
Old 07-18-2018, 03:48 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the article.
Old 07-18-2018, 05:03 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
"Which character do you enjoy writing most for and why?

I truly love writing for all of them."
What she really wanted to say: Noah and Helen
Old 07-18-2018, 06:33 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conway1 (View Post)
What she really wanted to say: Noah and Helen
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought that. It's actually Noah, Helen, Alison and then Cole a real distant fourth.
Old 07-18-2018, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
Thanks for the article.
I'm sure she does like writing for all of them, but a little honesty would have shown that her favourite is Noah.

Old 07-18-2018, 09:14 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I'm sure she does like writing for all of them, but a little honesty would have shown that her favourite is Noah.
That's the truth. I think Sarah even vaguely admitted that last season.
Old 07-19-2018, 04:56 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conway1 (View Post)
That's the truth. I think Sarah even vaguely admitted that last season.
I think she's said Noah's a writer and they all identify with him? But yeah, I do think she loves Noah best. At least this season he's not dominating everything like s3.
Old 07-19-2018, 06:53 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy K (View Post)
I think she's said Noah's a writer and they all identify with him? But yeah, I do think she loves Noah best. At least this season he's not dominating everything like s3.

I hate to tell you but Noah will be definitely in the next four out of five of the last episodes. He's probably in ep 9 as well, but I'm not sure because the ep description doesn't mention him.

I will put all the info about who sides we will see for the remaining episodes in the other thread.

Last edited by aussiechic; 07-19-2018 at 07:14 AM
Old 07-19-2018, 03:32 PM
Elite Fan

Well I think when she first had the concept of the series it was about Noah and all the people who are intertwined with him and his storyline. I think Helen got more scenes because Maura fought for them, which is a shame as it impacted on the time for the other characters. Noah is the writer and Dominic is her favourite actor - she said she really wanted him for the part at the beginning so she is bound to feel that Noah is the most important one. Luckily Dominic makes Noah watchable, but it is a pity the time wasn't more evenly distributed between the characters. I have found that I don't really care about Helen and Vic so much as the others, but that is just me. I still see Vic with buboils all over his face and being sick outside the grocery store. Fringies will know what I mean.
Old 07-19-2018, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Check out Sarah Treem's Tweet

Sarah Treem
Verified account
@SarahTreem
8hours ago
Excited for a few things this week ... directed by the great Stacie Passon (last week was directed by the incredible Jessica Yu, FYI), we meet Janelle’s ex, Carl (!!), Athena returns (!!) and you find something awful out about A’s past that I’ve known for years ... #TheAffair

Old 07-19-2018, 09:52 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
Well I think when she first had the concept of the series it was about Noah and all the people who are intertwined with him and his storyline. I think Helen got more scenes because Maura fought for them, which is a shame as it impacted on the time for the other characters. Noah is the writer and Dominic is her favourite actor - she said she really wanted him for the part at the beginning so she is bound to feel that Noah is the most important one. Luckily Dominic makes Noah watchable, but it is a pity the time wasn't more evenly distributed between the characters. I have found that I don't really care about Helen and Vic so much as the others, but that is just me. I still see Vic with buboils all over his face and being sick outside the grocery store. Fringies will know what I mean.
Old 07-20-2018, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Dina Meyer
Verified account
@DinaMeyer
6 hours ago
My friend @Tim_Matheson and I are adding to this week's drama over at "The Affair." Catch it THIS SUNDAY/9pm. Set those DVR's or watch WITH ME! I hope to be tweeting. 😊 Show support and please RETWEET!!! 😃❤️🥰 @SHO_TheAffair @Showtime @SHO_PR

Closed Thread   Post New Thread