Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2018, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conway1 (View Post)
I was speculating about that spoiler too as soon as the previews for this season was released earlier this year. I'm surprise that nobody has really brought that up yet. Thinking outside the box.
Are you referring to the person who goes missing or the person who is responsible for that person going missing?

icon credit: crash landing
Old 07-11-2018, 06:17 PM
Extreme Fan

Speculating two characters are connected because they share an ethnicity and color of their skin? That's like saying because they're both from New York City they have a connection even though millions of people live in NYC, except instead of a geographic location, it's literally about the color of their skin.
Old 07-11-2018, 06:33 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
Are you referring to the person who goes missing or the person who is responsible for that person going missing?
The person responsible.
Old 07-11-2018, 07:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy K (View Post)
Speculating two characters are connected because they share an ethnicity and color of their skin? That's like saying because they're both from New York City they have a connection even though millions of people live in NYC, except instead of a geographic location, it's literally about the color of their skin.
Agree. The fact that Luisa and Ben just both happen to be Latinx is the only connection that people are making between the two. There is literally no other reason to think that they have anything to do with each other. Not all Latinx people know each other lol. Same with all white, black, Christian, Catholic, men, women, etc.
Old 07-11-2018, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy K (View Post)
I didn't mean it like that, I was thinking that they may somehow be related. Or that his wife is related to Luisa and Ben admitted that he is abstaining from sex, so maybe it's a front and that his wife is somehow involved. This is just a Theory like every other theory talked about over the past 3 seasons.

Sorry if I offended anyone, that was not my intention.

Old 07-12-2018, 12:43 PM
Elite Fan

Whatever his story Ben is definitely not good news for Alison. She will probably go ape when she finds out about Ben being married. The last thing she needs is another affair with a married man! Maybe she just took off when she found out? I think Alison and Noah should get back together once the dust settles.
Old 07-12-2018, 06:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
Whatever his story Ben is definitely not good news for Alison. She will probably go ape when she finds out about Ben being married. The last thing she needs is another affair with a married man! Maybe she just took off when she found out? I think Alison and Noah should get back together once the dust settles.
That's a very good point Lesley. The only thing that doesn't really fit is that she left without anything and I can't see her doing that to Joanie after what happened the first time she left and how she almost lost custody.

The Emmy Nominations came out today and apparently The Affair was not eligible because of the later release date this season.

Old 07-13-2018, 03:20 AM
Elite Fan

Maybe Alison went to a retreat to see her mother, and those places make people leave all their possessions behind. It does look suspicious though but Noah and Cole must have an inkling where she may have gone or why are they driving off together with the young pupil of Noah's. They can't just be driving around in the hopes of seeing her as America is a really big place.
Old 07-13-2018, 05:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Maybe Alison went to a retreat to see her mother, and those places make people leave all their possessions behind. It does look suspicious though but Noah and Cole must have an inkling where she may have gone or why are they driving off together with the young pupil of Noah's. They can't just be driving around in the hopes of seeing her as America is a really big place.
I don't think they know where she went. I think they are just checking out places she might have went. However, there is no way Alison will leave Joannie for that long without checking in on her. I think Lusia, or Tony ( the guy 👦 who lost his daughter, and accused Alison of trying to break up his marriage) . He likely went to jail after he attack Alison, and his wife might have left him while he was in jail. He would definitely go after Alison. I do not think Alison mentioned the incident to neither Noah, nor Cole.

The reason why I suspect Lusia is because we really do not know anything about Lusi's life before she met ,and marry Cole beside that she use to be Scotty's girlfriend. We do know she is desperate to stay in the country. But we do not know exactly how desperate. Lusia is not thinking logical. She ask for Alison to get herself declared a unfit mother so that she can have custody of Joannie , and be allowed to stay in the country. Although she knows Alison doesn't like her and will never voluntarily give up custody of Joannie after fighting so hard to regain custody.
Old 07-13-2018, 01:37 PM
Elite Fan

Well Luisa's mother was the Butler's maid/housekeeper for years and Cole first met Luisa there when he dropped off Mr. Butler in his taxi in season 3. I know Luisa is terrified of being sent back to her country of origin but I don't think she would actually hurt someone to do that. She has been a children's nanny as well as a bar-tender so must be quite trustworthy. I think it's more to do with Ben and finding out that he is married and lied to her.
Old 07-13-2018, 05:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Well Luisa's mother was the Butler's maid/housekeeper for years and Cole first met Luisa there when he dropped off Mr. Butler in his taxi in season 3. I know Luisa is terrified of being sent back to her country of origin but I don't think she would actually hurt someone to do that. She has been a children's nanny as well as a bar-tender so must be quite trustworthy. I think it's more to do with Ben and finding out that he is married and lied to her.
If she had all those job she should have had a work permit. Lusia use to date Scotty, and I feel that scene of Lusia holding that rifle on Cole is very foreshadowing. Lusia might not harm Alison. But I can see 👀 her locking Alison up somewhere until she is declared missing, or unfit so she can get Joannie. Remember , it doesn't have to be real, it just have to look real on paper according to Lusia.
Old 07-13-2018, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKatherine (View Post)
If she had all those job she should have had a work permit. Lusia use to date Scotty, and I feel that scene of Lusia holding that rifle on Cole is very foreshadowing. Lusia might not harm Alison. But I can see 👀 her locking Alison up somewhere until she is declared missing, or unfit so she can get Joannie. Remember , it doesn't have to be real, it just have to look real on paper according to Lusia.
Or she had someone else do it.

Old 07-14-2018, 12:39 PM
Elite Fan

Luisa did jobs for cash like working for Scotty and was pushed into an 'arrangement' because of the threat of being found out. Most people who have nannies want someone on the cheap and an illegal with her credentials (ie her mother working for the Butlers) would be quite acceptable - especially for that woman who was so unscrupulous that she wanted her cab driver to 'keep her company' while her husband was playing golf.

I still think Alison going awol has something to do with Ben.
Old 07-14-2018, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Luisa did jobs for cash like working for Scotty and was pushed into an 'arrangement' because of the threat of being found out. Most people who have nannies want someone on the cheap and an illegal with her credentials (ie her mother working for the Butlers) would be quite acceptable - especially for that woman who was so unscrupulous that she wanted her cab driver to 'keep her company' while her husband was playing golf.

I still think Alison going awol has something to do with Ben.
Ditto on the Ben theory.

Old 07-15-2018, 09:03 AM
Passionate Fan

And Cole loves Alison. Snap!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread