Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2018, 06:32 PM
Extreme Fan

Yes it is.

Interestingly, the critics seem to have seen all the eps I think. The few I have read have HUGE spoilers in them, so for anybody who doesn't want to be spoiled, don't read them.

At this stage Sarah says that season five is not a go. She would like a final season to wrap things up though.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiechic (View Post)
Yes it is.

Interestingly, the critics seem to have seen all the eps I think. The few I have read have HUGE spoilers in them, so for anybody who doesn't want to be spoiled, don't read them.

At this stage Sarah says that season five is not a go. She would like a final season to wrap things up though.
Please feel free to post links to some of those reviews. I would love to read them.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 06-17-2018, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Scott Steiner
@runningjudge
2 hours ago
Went for a run on Sunset Blvd this morning and saw this! TONIGHT! 🤯 #TheAffair @SHO_TheAffair #bestfathersdaygift

Old 06-17-2018, 05:59 PM
Elite Fan

The Affair is about to start!
Old 06-17-2018, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
The Affair is about to start!
You'll have to tell me what you think. I've already watched it.

Old 06-17-2018, 07:30 PM
Elite Fan

One thing I noticed is that Helen is in the same boat as Noah was with her parents. It also seems that Helen And Noah both have negative feelings for each other. I wonder who is missing?
Old 06-17-2018, 08:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

Did anyone else think Helen was being extra birch towards Noah? It seem a little over the top considering that Noah went to jail to protect her. Usually I'm on Helen side but she should have told Trevor that Noah was coming to his school, and she at least should have made sure his name was on the list.

Vic is wonderful. But I can see his mother is going to be a problem. Did Vic tell Helen that he was moving in the same town as his mother?

Why did Noah have Joanie at the beginning of the episode? I know Alison left her with him. But I thought Noah wasn't supposed to be around Joanie? Why didn't Alison leave her with Cole?
Old 06-17-2018, 09:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKatherine (View Post)
Did anyone else think Helen was being extra birch towards Noah? It seem a little over the top considering that Noah went to jail to protect her. Usually I'm on Helen side but she should have told Trevor that Noah was coming to his school, and she at least should have made sure his name was on the list.

Vic is wonderful. But I can see his mother is going to be a problem. Did Vic tell Helen that he was moving in the same town as his mother?

Why did Noah have Joanie at the beginning of the episode? I know Alison left her with him. But I thought Noah wasn't supposed to be around Joanie? Why didn't Alison leave her with Cole?
I'm not a big Noah fan, so for the most part I feel he brings everything on all on his own and Helen only appeared that way in Noah's POV, in her POV she couldn't figure out why Noah wasn't at the school, so it must have been an oversight not putting him on the list.

I like Vic too.

Not sure what you mean by Noah having Joanie at the beginning of the episode.

Old 06-17-2018, 10:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I'm not a big Noah fan, so for the most part I feel he brings everything on all on his own and Helen only appeared that way in Noah's POV, in her POV she couldn't figure out why Noah wasn't at the school, so it must have been an oversight not putting him on the list.
I'm not a Noah fan. But he did go to jail for Helen, because Alison definitely would have told that she was driving the car.

Quote:
I like Vic too.

Not sure what you mean by Noah having Joanie at the beginning of the episode.
At the beginning of the episode Noah tells Cole that, “It’s been 72 hours, and Alison hasn’t called to check in on Joanie. No one’s seen her. He say they should file a police report.

I find it odd that Alison would leave Joanie with Noah , considering last season she said that Noah couldn't be around Joanie.

Last edited by LadyKatherine; 06-17-2018 at 11:07 PM
Old 06-18-2018, 05:47 AM
Elite Fan

I thought Noah was asking Cole if Alison had been in touch with Joanie. Will have to see the clip again when I get the chance. IMO Noah and Helen can't think straight when they are around each other. Both make mistakes which impact on their kids. Vic's mom sees Helen as a disappointment as she is not likely to have children and that is very important in her culture, and food is very much part of her culture too. Of course this is seen through Helen's eyes so his mom's resentment may be exaggerated.

Last edited by LWS53; 06-18-2018 at 06:05 AM
Old 06-18-2018, 04:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKatherine (View Post)
I'm not a Noah fan. But he did go to jail for Helen, because Alison definitely would have told that she was driving the car.

At the beginning of the episode Noah tells Cole that, “It’s been 72 hours, and Alison hasn’t called to check in on Joanie. No one’s seen her. He say they should file a police report.

I find it odd that Alison would leave Joanie with Noah , considering last season she said that Noah couldn't be around Joanie.
Pretty sure that comment was made given a previous conversation between Cole and Noah, so Noah would have gotten that info from Cole. Cole would never allow Noah to have Joanie and besides, Noah lives in LA now.

Technically not a spoiler because the first episode has already aired, but if you haven't watched it then you may not want to read this article.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/the-affa...ag=TVG_Twitter

Quote:
The fourth season of The Affair opened with a yet another mystery, this one about a missing person. All we know is that "she" hasn't been seen for 72 hours and hasn't called to check on Joanie in days. Since it is Cole (Joshua Jackson) and Noah (Dominic West) that have united to find this mysterious woman, we can only guess that it's Alison (Ruth Wilson) who has disappeared.

The crumb-laying mystery set up in the premiere isn't a new plot device for The Affair; Season 1 opened the same way, with police depositions posing questions about someone who was murdered. Season 2 then used the trial to ask questions about who actually killed Scotty Lockhart (Colin Donnell). And Season 3 began with the mystery of who stabbed Noah in the premiere, but that was weaved into the story as Noah's main drive for the season rather than a flash-forward the audience had to catch up to.

How to Watch the The Affair

While intriguing, the mystery element of the show's first two seasons was almost superfluous to the meat of the drama. Scotty's death inevitably became a central event that united the show's four lead characters, but the main draw was exploring why these people would choose to implode their lives and relationships. We've learned over the course of the series that Noah and Alison continue to make impulsive, self-destructive decisions in order to distract themselves from past trauma. Meanwhile, Cole and Helen (Maura Tierney) will struggle with their inexplicable attachment to the people who have caused them the most pain while neglecting the people who truly care about them.

The Season 4 premiere focuses only on Noah and Helen and their new lives in Los Angeles, but it appears they haven't broken the pattern. Noah moved across the country to be closer to his kids, but he still expects the world to revolve around him. When Helen tries to establish some independence, she comes off as harsh and unrelenting, inevitably letting Noah torpedo her life once more. The trailer for Season 4 previews similar struggles for Cole, whose attachment to Alison is going to have potentially devastating effects for his marriage to Louisa (Catalina Sandino Moreno).

That's why bringing back the overarching mystery is a good thing for The Affair. We no longer question why these people do terrible things; we just assume that they will do them because that's what they've always done. This particular mystery brings a sense of urgency to the series that the first season simply didn't need. If it is Alison that has disappeared, did she just slip into another bout of depression? Would she really just leave Joanie after she fought so hard in Season 3 to get her parental rights back? Did she even leave voluntarily? And what if it's Louisa who is missing instead? Why would Noah help look for her? The rabbit hole gets very deep and very dark quite quickly, and this mystery is much more engaging than whatever inevitable taboo hook-up Noah is going to have this season.

The characters of The Affair have fallen into a rut. They're making the same mistakes that lead to the same patterns of behavior, which limits growth. While all four of the central characters have overcome personal obstacles, none of the events of the series' have changed them at their core. Yes, Noah is less of a jerk, but even from his own perspective he lashes out when things don't go his way. Alison isn't as frail as she used to be, but there's still a cloud of darkness that hangs over her which she's learned to cope with but has never resolved. The hope is that this mystery can shake them out of these grooves and push them into evolving.

Here's hoping the missing person is someone who might help these people to actually move on.

Last edited by JJH85; 06-18-2018 at 05:03 PM
Old 06-19-2018, 02:57 AM
Passionate Fan

...when Helen was blaming Noah for their son being gay.
Old 06-19-2018, 09:41 AM
Passionate Fan

FYI just read that Ruth Wilson will be on The Late Late Show with James Corden tomorrow night.
Old 06-19-2018, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conway1 (View Post)
FYI just read that Ruth Wilson will be on The Late Late Show with James Corden tomorrow night.
I'm going to have to watch that. I doubt they will show a scene with Cole, but you just never know. James could be a Josh/Pacey fan

The Cut
Verified account
@TheCut
Jun 16
Why #TheAffair’s Maura Tierney has a soft spot for the show’s most unlikable character

https://www.thecut.com/2018/06/inter...&utm_source=tw

Last edited by JJH85; 06-19-2018 at 02:23 PM
Old 06-20-2018, 03:26 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I'm going to have to watch that. I doubt they will show a scene with Cole, but you just never know. James could be a Josh/Pacey fan
Ruth is on tonight, but lets remember the time Josh was on Corden!

Last edited by Conway1; 06-20-2018 at 03:32 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread