Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2017, 05:58 PM
Elite Fan

Well Season 2 is a better season for Cole and he's in it more, so if it were me I'd be taking S2.
Old 04-27-2017, 01:05 AM
Extreme Fan

Uh oh...another Writer's Strike? Thankfully The Affair is not on the "affected" list.

8 hit shows a writers strike could totally delay
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ows/100882514/
Conway1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 04:32 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conway1 (View Post)
Uh oh...another Writer's Strike? Thankfully The Affair is not on the "affected" list.

8 hit shows a writers strike could totally delay
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ows/100882514/
I think the Affair is not on the list because it's not popular enough. Sarah hasn't started writing yet. If they're coming back to film in August that would put the writers' coming back somewhere around July, when the strike could be ongoing.
Sandy K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 12:12 PM
Elite Fan

Last time there was a Writer's Strike, it affected Josh. There was both a pro and a con to that.

The pro was he was in Fringe, but the con was that he was cast to be the Christina's love interest Owen on Grey's Anatomy which means he would likely still be on Grey's today and be more will known. I may have discovered my Josh love during Fringe, but I was/am a Grey's fan too, so I likely would have fallen for him if he had been on the show. I'm actually not a fan of the guy who ended up playing Owen, there's just something about him that I don't like.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:06 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson

Did Josh not back the last writer's strike? I'm sure I saw a pic of him supporting the strike. Maybe we'll see him on the picket line in the news.
LWS53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
Did Josh not back the last writer's strike? I'm sure I saw a pic of him supporting the strike. Maybe we'll see him on the picket line in the news.
I honestly don't know. I seem to remember a pic of him picketing something, but don't recall what it was. But it wouldn't surprise me though because he is always there for the crew and anyone that needs support.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:05 AM
Loyal Fan

The Actors union usually supports the WGA.
Sandy K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 09:05 AM
Elite Fan

Darth Stansson‏*@Hayaman75 3m
Season 4, hurry up already! #TheAffair @SHO_TheAffair @JJaxFF

Old 04-30-2017, 11:53 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
Last time there was a Writer's Strike, it affected Josh. There was both a pro and a con to that.

The pro was he was in Fringe, but the con was that he was cast to be the Christina's love interest Owen on Grey's Anatomy which means he would likely still be on Grey's today and be more will known. I may have discovered my Josh love during Fringe, but I was/am a Grey's fan too, so I likely would have fallen for him if he had been on the show. I'm actually not a fan of the guy who ended up playing Owen, there's just something about him that I don't like.
I knew he was going to be on Greys but I thought it was just for a few eps. Whoa...I would have kept watching if he had been cast as Owen. I used to love that show but I got kinda tired of it after a while. But I think for Josh's sake it worked out for the best because Fringe is the genre of show he prefers and he had a LOT of screen time.

Last edited by flaminga; 04-30-2017 at 12:18 PM
flaminga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 11:57 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy K (View Post)
Got my dvds today! Have to decide if I want to bring s2 or s3 to get signed if I work up the nerve to ask Josh to sign when I see the play!
]
Take S2 because he can sign on the white over his head and it will really stand out.
Old 04-30-2017, 05:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaminga (View Post)
I knew he was going to be on Greys but I thought it was just for a few eps. Whoa...I would have kept watching if he had been cast as Owen. I used to love that show but I got kinda tired of it after a while. But I think for Josh's sake it worked out for the best because Fringe is the genre of show he prefers and he had a LOT of screen time.
It was only supposed to be an arc, but the role ended up going to Kevin McKidd and as we all know, he's still on the show, so it could have been Josh that ended up being on our screen for 9 years straight.
Old 04-30-2017, 06:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
It was only supposed to be an arc, but the role ended up going to Kevin McKidd and as we all know, he's still on the show, so it could have been Josh that ended up being on our screen for 9 years straight.
But then we wouldn't have gotten him as Cole either where he can really showcase his talents as an actor. On the other hand he may not have stayed on Greys for that long because tbh I feel like he would have wanted to do other projects. Guess we'll never know what could have been!
Old 04-30-2017, 07:44 PM
Elite Fan

And we wouldn't have had Fringe either and Fringe is still my favourite show.
Old 05-03-2017, 07:00 PM
Extreme Fan

The writer's strike has been averted thank goodness. A deal was made.

I find it interesting that Sarah has not tweeted about season 4 so far. It's the beginning of May and they are three months out from shooting. She normally tweets to the other writers by now.

Still don't know how it's going to work filming in LA. I'm sure it will be fine but I'm nervous about it. I think this will be the last season, because it's lost it's buzz now.
aussiechic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 07:05 PM
Elite Fan

Maybe they are still trying to work things out with the change in location.

It's also possible that Sarah is just busy being a mom right now with two little ones running around.
Reply   Post New Thread