Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2017, 09:56 AM
  #31
Dedicated Fan
 
nikki-jasmine's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
This season is not showcasing Cole at all and I'm very disappointed by that.
In S1 Cole seemed to have more screen-time (or at least he was more present) than in S3. In S1 he was in Noah´s and Alison´s POV almost in every episode.

In S3 he has few scenes in E2, then his POV/few scenes in Alison´s POV in E4 and 2 short scenes in E5.
E8 is Cole/Alison and then in E9 a short scene with Helen(?). Cole is definitely not in E10, is he?

I haven´t watched E6, I´ve read a recap. I understand Helen wants more trouble in her life.
nikki-jasmine is offline  
Old 01-02-2017, 03:26 PM
  #32
Elite Fan

 
JJH85's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 45,137
I just finished watching E6. I'd be curious to know if Noah's storyline was actually this when the show was first imagined or if it's Sarah's attempt at trying to get sympathy for Noah. I feel it might be the latter because when the show aired they mentioned that these people were supposed to be somewhat realistic and relatable, but it's too much about how screwed up each of their families are. I get that there is drama in families, but this seems a bit over the top for me.
__________________
FB / Twitter / Pinterest /
My love for Josh Jackson knows no bounds
JJH85 is offline  
Old 01-02-2017, 03:34 PM
  #33
Obsessed Fan

 
jade86's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I get that there is drama in families, but this seems a bit over the top for me.
It's not over the top for me
jade86 is offline  
Old 01-03-2017, 03:20 PM
  #34
Loyal Fan
 
Sandy K's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 1,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I just finished watching E6. I'd be curious to know if Noah's storyline was actually this when the show was first imagined or if it's Sarah's attempt at trying to get sympathy for Noah. I feel it might be the latter because when the show aired they mentioned that these people were supposed to be somewhat realistic and relatable, but it's too much about how screwed up each of their families are. I get that there is drama in families, but this seems a bit over the top for me.
The whole show is Sarah making Noah sympathetic. Yeah, Noah's teenage past revelation seems tacked on suddenly, like everyone sensed it! Except Helen! Noah's interactions with his father in s2 hinted at a lot of this, but. Of course, some of it is Noah's PTSD and delusions and oxy drug state makes him more likely to not even think about the things coming out of his mouth.
Sandy K is offline  
Old 01-03-2017, 07:20 PM
  #35
Elite Fan

 
JJH85's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 45,137
The whole Noah back story just seems forced to me. Maybe that stems from the fact that I'm not a Noah fan, but it's just the way it seems.
__________________
FB / Twitter / Pinterest /
My love for Josh Jackson knows no bounds
JJH85 is offline  
Old 01-04-2017, 01:48 AM
  #36
Obsessed Fan

 
jade86's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,535
.....

Last edited by jade86; 01-04-2017 at 02:06 AM
jade86 is offline  
Old 01-04-2017, 04:49 AM
  #37
Loyal Fan
 
Sandy K's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 1,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
The whole Noah back story just seems forced to me. Maybe that stems from the fact that I'm not a Noah fan, but it's just the way it seems.
I loved it ep 5, and it felt genuine and not forced. ep 6, though, it felt like since Noah said it out loud now everyone knows it. Which does feel contrived.
Sandy K is offline  
Old 01-04-2017, 09:08 AM
  #38
Dedicated Fan
 
nikki-jasmine's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 567


That´s The Affair´s lowest ratings so far. Let´s see how many will watch next weekend. Next Sunday is the Golden Globes at the same time, isn´t it?
nikki-jasmine is offline  
Old 01-04-2017, 12:36 PM
  #39
Master Fan

 
LWS53's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson
 
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 24,790
Well I think a lot of people may have had other things to do on New Years Day. Perhaps most people will watch on catch up.

We watched the episode on Tuesday as there was a lot of soccer matches on Monday, so our TV was pretty much tied up with that.

Noah seems to be quite addicted to his medication so cannot distinguish between hallucinations and reality. It was good to see him and Martin connecting again, and Martin deciding to complete his High School education. His poor new 'love interest' appears to have found herself another guy to care for instead of a no-strings lover. I'm surprised that Noah could get any sort of Motor Insurance due to his poor driving record, and now will probably never get insurance due to his latest accident. He'll have to borrow Alison's old bike!

Another thing that is a bit weird is that Helen would go to Max, virtually throw herself at him, then start asking about Noah. Perhaps if she had asked about Noah in the first place she may have got a more positive response. I feel sorry for the present partners of these characters who seem incapable of being faithful. From the engaged woman at the swimming pool in the first season, to Helen and Max in the latest episode they all seem to be at it. Perhaps it should be called The Infidelities!
LWS53 is offline  
Old 01-04-2017, 01:08 PM
  #40
Obsessed Fan

 
jade86's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
Well I think a lot of people may have had other things to do on New Years Day. Perhaps most people will watch on catch up.
Airing the episode on January 1st, when people still enjoyed the holidays, was not a smart move. I hope Showtime is aware of that.
jade86 is offline  
Old 01-04-2017, 08:31 PM
  #41
Elite Fan

 
JJH85's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 45,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade86 (View Post)
Airing the episode on January 1st, when people still enjoyed the holidays, was not a smart move. I hope Showtime is aware of that.
Let's hope they take that into consideration when looking at the latest ratings.
__________________
FB / Twitter / Pinterest /
My love for Josh Jackson knows no bounds
JJH85 is offline  
Old 01-05-2017, 05:47 AM
  #42
Loyal Fan
 
Sandy K's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 1,544
Well, in season 3, Helen and Cole have been the ones cheating. Helen seems oblivious to what she's doing but Cole was straight out "I don't want to hurt Luisa like you hurt me" so I guess he's still winning as the least morally bereft.

Also, I think Noah's delusions are from his PTSD and not his drug addiction.
Sandy K is offline  
Old 01-05-2017, 07:14 AM
  #43
Elite Fan

 
JJH85's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 45,137
Clearly Noah is suffering from drug induced hallucinations. First it was Alison who was royally messed up and now it's Noah. I guess they should stay together and let Cole and Helen leave somewhat normal lives.
__________________
FB / Twitter / Pinterest /
My love for Josh Jackson knows no bounds
JJH85 is offline  
Old 01-05-2017, 07:15 AM
  #44
Obsessed Fan

 
jade86's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,535
Cole sounded patetic and not genuine with that sentence. Everytime he told luisa that he would not hurt her, he hurt her in the end. He can't say "i am not going to hurt her the way you hurt me" because he is already doing it even if Luisa doesn't know yet. He already cheated on Luisa and he was indirectly trying to put the blame only on alison by telling her that sentence. And i am pretty sure cole is up to something bad, considering that he didn't tell luisa where he was on wednesday night and he also lied to Alison by telling her that he was home that night which is not true.
He only has to shut up when it's about morality.

Cole and Helen are on the same boat in different ways.
jade86 is offline  
Old 01-05-2017, 08:29 AM
  #45
Elite Fan

 
JJH85's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 45,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade86 (View Post)
Cole sounded patetic and not genuine with that sentence. Everytime he told luisa that he would not hurt her, he hurt her in the end. He can't say "i am not going to hurt her the way you hurt me" because he is already doing it even if Luisa doesn't know yet. He already cheated on Luisa and he was indirectly trying to put the blame only on alison by telling her that sentence. And i am pretty sure cole is up to something bad, considering that he didn't tell luisa where he was on wednesday night and he also lied to Alison by telling her that he was home that night which is not true.
He only has to shut up when it's about morality.

Cole and Helen are on the same boat in different ways.
I agree that it did not sound genuine. I think he wants it to be true because of how hurt he was by Alison's cheating, but it didn't come across very strongly.
__________________
FB / Twitter / Pinterest /
My love for Josh Jackson knows no bounds
JJH85 is offline  
Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Bookmarks


Forum Affiliates
Joshua Jackson Network, Dawsons Creeks Gifs, Pacey & Joey Daily
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:38 PM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2017.

Copyright © 1998-2017, Fan Forum.