Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2016, 04:01 PM
Elite Fan

Acting on stage is very nerving, so I suspect that may not have been the best place to start his acting career. Poor boy.

Even seasoned actors find it hard and will do it just to challenge themselves.
Old 12-30-2016, 05:53 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
Acting on stage is very nerving, so I suspect that may not have been the best place to start his acting career. Poor boy.

Even seasoned actors find it hard and will do it just to challenge themselves.
Well he wanted to do it but found out the reality was not for him. His friends were quite prominent in the play so he wanted to do it too. One of his friends was a child actor with small parts in local productions and another had small parts in a tv show about a school, but he didn't pursue it as an adult.

Dave would have been good mainly because he always looked young for his age and was small and slight. He could have got away with playing children well into his teens.
Old 12-30-2016, 07:17 PM
Elite Fan

Variety ‏@Variety 10h
#RemoteControlled: #TheAffair boss @SarahTreem spills on what's ahead for Season 3, the Paris finale Remote Controlled: ‘The Affair’ Creator Sarah Treem on Season 3 Finale | Variety

App Store ‏@AppStore Dec 29
Can’t wait for Sunday’s episode of The Affair on @SHOWTIME? For an early peek, watch an exclusive clip! (U.S. only) http://apple.co/SHOWTIME

There's a new clip from The Affair. It's a scene with Helen and Nina and Nina is not looking like a Helen fan at all.

https://twitter.com/AppStore/status/814630306854662145

Last edited by JJH85; 12-30-2016 at 07:24 PM
Old 12-31-2016, 12:22 AM
Obsessed Fan

I saw the new clip. Wow....I can't wait to see episode 6
Old 12-31-2016, 03:43 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson

That clip really accentuates the different perspectives of all the characters in The Affair. Helen is deeply shocked to see what her ex sister in law really thinks about her, and how she missed how messed up Noah actually was when they met. Nina sees Helen in a completely different way than Helen sees herself. Can't wait to see the full episode - will be available on Monday for us!
Old 12-31-2016, 04:34 AM
Elite Fan

That was quite a bit of a shock to see Nina tear into Helen like that.
Old 12-31-2016, 08:22 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson

Well we know from previous episodes that Nina never liked Helen and that in her mind Helen thought that she was better than Noah's family. I think basically that Helen was so privileged in her upbringing that she didn't realise that other's weren't so lucky, and that in her attitude it seemed like she was looking down on them.

From what Nina said it looks like Noah has spent his life running away from things, and then felt really guilty afterwards. The guilt of helping his mother ending her life on her terms sent him running into Helen's arms and the guilt of having the affair made him confess to the killing of Scotty as he probably felt responsible for Helen's state of mind.

Now we know he turned to Alison because he saw in her what he was feeling about himself.
Old 12-31-2016, 09:00 PM
Elite Fan

Well put.
Old 01-01-2017, 01:47 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
Well we know from previous episodes that Nina never liked Helen and that in her mind Helen thought that she was better than Noah's family. I think basically that Helen was so privileged in her upbringing that she didn't realise that other's weren't so lucky, and that in her attitude it seemed like she was looking down on them.

From what Nina said it looks like Noah has spent his life running away from things, and then felt really guilty afterwards. The guilt of helping his mother ending her life on her terms sent him running into Helen's arms and the guilt of having the affair made him confess to the killing of Scotty as he probably felt responsible for Helen's state of mind.

Now we know he turned to Alison because he saw in her what he was feeling about himself.
I agree!
Old 01-01-2017, 07:37 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)

But there was also some boredom and lust and need to be more than he thought he was in Noah's attraction to Alison. More accurately, Noah acting on his attraction to Alison.
Old 01-01-2017, 07:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy K (View Post)
But there was also some boredom and lust and need to be more than he thought he was in Noah's attraction to Alison. More accurately, Noah acting on his attraction to Alison.
This is also true. Noah didn't know when he first met Alison about her past or hardships, so there was definitely just plain ole attraction and lust happening there.

I'm curious to know what Nina thinks of Alison.

Sarah Treem ‏@SarahTreem 15m
Margaret is based in my grandmother, btw. Who did tell me once to lose a few more pounds and she'd take me to Paris #Inspiration #TheAffair

The Affair ‏@SHO_TheAffair 2h
TONIGHT: Follow @JennifersWayJE as she live Tweets an all-new episode of #TheAffair @10p ET!

o unraveled ‏@sumthinboutO 25 Dec 2016
#TheAffair picks up serious steam halfway though it's 1st season (S01E05) Review @Showtime @tvshowtime @theaffairfans

Last edited by JJH85; 01-01-2017 at 07:38 PM
Old 01-02-2017, 02:11 AM
Obsessed Fan

I watched episode 6

Spoiler:

Last edited by jade86; 01-02-2017 at 02:24 AM
Old 01-02-2017, 04:55 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson

I think it must be popular over here as Sky Atlantic is showing it at 3 in the morning at the same time as the US as well as the normal time on Monday. Hoping to watch it this afternoon.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:54 AM
Loyal Fan

So last night!

Spoiler:
Old 01-02-2017, 07:37 AM
Elite Fan

This season is not showcasing Cole at all and I'm very disappointed by that.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread