Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2017, 12:58 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki-jasmine (View Post)
I wonder if Josh wants to shake Cole sometimes.
Maybe
Old 02-13-2017, 04:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
Actually after I read the article again I realized I read it wrong the first time. Ruth wants to shake Alison, not shake the role of Alison. I misread it.

Speaking of Articles, here's a recent one. It talks of Spoilers, but it's just speculation. 'The Affair' Season 4: Cole Considers Future with Alison
Thanks for the article.
Old 02-15-2017, 05:10 AM
Dedicated Fan

Was this article posted here?
More twists & turns in The Affair Season 2 | philstar.com
It´s Sarah/Maura/Josh interview from last year TCA.

Quote:
What to you is a real man?

Jackson: Oh ladies, I can’t wait. I am dying to hear.

Treem: This season what we are trying to explore is honesty. I’m not saying that that necessarily makes a real man but I think that when a character can be really honest with themselves and who they are, and therefore with their own fallibility and flaws and the people that they have hurt, that there is a maturity that gets achieved at that point, that maybe makes a real man.

Tierney: If he can change a smoke detector, and a flat tire, because that’s what I need a man for, I would consider him a real man. Just to change the smoke detector. (Laughs)

Jackson: I think honestly the conception of what a real man is, is really culturally specific. I think this is the international press here, so each one of us here would have a very specific different idea based upon where we grew up and the pressures and how we mould our young men in the society that they are raised in. I think each one of our versions of masculinity through all of the cultures here has a toxic element to it that we are constantly grappling. That would be my answer.
Josh´s answer is just... priceless. But Maura´s answer is funny and so true. LOL

IDK, I think that in every society/culture the real man is just a man who makes his own decisions (based on moral values) and takes full responsibility for his decisions (words and actions).

Quote:
After playing the character for a while, have you started sharing more of his traits?

Jackson: I certainly hope not.

Treem: It would be bad news.

Jackson: Yeah, Showtime will have to start paying for therapy if that’s what happens.
I think if Cole was played by a different actor, the character (and the whole story) would´ve been different. IMO it´s more like Cole became more like Josh, not the other way around.
Old 02-15-2017, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't remember reading that one, so thanks for posting. That's a very diplomatic answer Josh gave, he should be in Politics. Not to insult Josh in any way at all, we could use more people like him in Politics

Sarah pretty much shared how Noah's transition ended up in S3 and Maura's is funny, but I get it. After spending so many years with the same man, I pretty much feel the same way.

There's a question out there asking who your favourite Couple is on The Affair, so I thought it would be fun for us to dissect each pairing and give our thoughts on them. Here is a pic with all of the options.

icon credit: crash landing

Last edited by JJH85; 02-15-2017 at 12:10 PM
Old 02-15-2017, 02:32 PM
Elite Fan

I will have a think about it and come back on that one.
Old 02-15-2017, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like Helen and Vic.

I like portions of Cole and Alison and I do like Cole and Luisa. For some reason a lot of people don't care for Luisa, but I don't know why.

And I actually liked Helen and Noah together in S1.

Old 02-16-2017, 06:09 AM
Extreme Fan

Definitely Helen and Vic.
Old 02-16-2017, 06:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I like Vic, I think he's sweet and very caring.

Old 02-16-2017, 03:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I like Vic, I think he's sweet and very caring.
So long as he doesn't practice tantric sex!

I like Oscar and Cole - a great bromance!

But seriously, I like Alison and Cole.
Old 02-16-2017, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My opinion on Alison and Cole after S2 was definitely NOT, but after S3 I find myself wavering.

Harry Connick Jr ‏@HarryConnickJR Feb 14
.@JennifersWayJE is such a huge @SHO_TheAffair fan, she offered to BAKE for the crew just to be on-set. luckily she got cast! #HarryTV

Last edited by JJH85; 02-16-2017 at 07:06 PM
Old 02-17-2017, 06:58 AM
Extreme Fan

I think despite all their history, Alison and Cole aren't good for each other after all this time. There's definitely love, but it's not like with Luisa where he made an actual change in his life.
Old 02-17-2017, 05:52 PM
Elite Fan

I just missed Ruth on Graham Norton tonight - I think she was there to talk about Hedda Gabler. Will watch it on catch up tomorrow or after the weekend.
Old 02-17-2017, 07:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy K (View Post)
I think despite all their history, Alison and Cole aren't good for each other after all this time. There's definitely love, but it's not like with Luisa where he made an actual change in his life.
You and I seem to be on the same page when it comes to Josh and his love interests.

I agree that there is love there, but they aren't any good for each other.

The Affair ‏@SHO_TheAffair 8h
Feed your passion and watch #TheAffair for free all weekend long on @Showtime: http://sho.com/freepreview

Last edited by JJH85; 02-17-2017 at 07:52 PM
Old 02-18-2017, 12:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

^Oh, another The Affair marathon on Showtime? - Amazon also offers all 3 seasons, I believe.

I think that Cole´s problems in relationships is not so much his women´s fault but his own.
Luisa actually pointed that out:

The fight between Cole and Alison in S3E4 shows that he didn´t change his attitude:

Quote:
Cole: My life is good when you are not around. Business is booming. My family is doing better. Luisa and I are solid. And then you show up and you see me settled and you just think to yourself: "Nope, that s**t can´t stand. I got to ****** that right up."
In this fight he blamed her for ... what exactly? Alison too gave him his new life : she gave him a daughter and she gave him the money to buy a restaurant when he asked her.

Cole and Luisa would´ve been good for each other if Cole wasn´t so involved in his love/hate relationship with Alison and if he stopped blaming other people for his unhappiness. But honestly, I don´t see Cole changing any time soon.

Now that Helen is not obsessed with Noah anymore, Helen/Dr. Vic look like the most stable couple of the show.
Old 02-18-2017, 01:00 PM
Elite Fan

Now TV has all 3 seasons too. They should give me a discount for all the advertising I give them!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread