Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2016, 08:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracydeanne1 (View Post)
Honestly, I wouldn't be sad to never have to watch this show again. I've tried getting a number of people into it, and they all come back with "too boring". I'm surprised it's popular.

Give Josh his own documentary/nature show on the environment. Perfect next project!
It is not the type of show I am generally drawn to and to some degree I can see why they would find it boring, but Josh aside I do like the concept of the different POVs. It has made me look at how I handle certain situations in life, like if I felt strongly about how something went I would generally argue my point more, but after seeing Sarah Treem's take on the objective truth has made me step back and realize that maybe that is not how someone else saw the situation. I guess in way The Affair has opened my eyes a bit in that regard and I might be a better person for it.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 11-20-2016, 08:12 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapism (View Post)
Maybe he's not saying goodbye forever to the role but in his IG post and the one from the other guy talking about the past 3 years with Josh, they sound pretty final.

Whatever - if Josh has some new projects I'd be very happy for him to finish with the show.
I would probably accept the idea of Josh leaving the show for another project.

Anywyay, the same guy wrote something similar about Dominic/Noah too. It's basically the same message

iamstevemason
Our last night together #OnSet. @treemster @sho_theaffair @dominicwestfanpage @iamstevemason @showtime

Old 11-20-2016, 08:13 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I'm just going with the speculation, but I never take anything as fact until I get official confirmation.
Yeah, let's just enjoy this season
Old 11-20-2016, 09:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade86 (View Post)
I would probably accept the idea of Josh leaving the show for another project.

Anywyay, the same guy wrote something similar about Dominic/Noah too. It's basically the same message

iamstevemason
Our last night together #OnSet. @treemster @sho_theaffair @dominicwestfanpage @iamstevemason @showtime

I'd be game for Josh leaving to do another project as well. I just want him on my TV forever

The two Tweets might be similar, but clearly he liked Josh more

iamstevemason I had the pleasure of working very close to #joshuajackson for the last 3 years. One of the #smartest #actors #ever. Talented and a true gentleman. @vancityjax @sho_theaffair @iamstevemason @joshuajacksonfan

TV Guide
Verified account
‏@TVGuide 3m
#TheAffair is back tonight! Here's what you can expect from Season 3... http://tvgd.co/2grOX3Z

Pop-Culturalist ‏@PCulturalist 1m
ICYMI: @SHO_TheAffair premieres tonight! We're getting ready by reliving our fav #TheAffair moments:

http://pop-culturalist.com/best-mome...om-the-affair/

Awww, they are Cole fans

Quote:
Oh, Cole. What a treasure you are. After Alison foolishly traded him in for Noah (#WorstDealEver), he spent a lot of time brooding and doing things he probably shouldn’t be doing. But the appearance of a new love interest for him– Luisa (Catalina Sandino Moreno)– challenged him to get a grip. The problem? She lived in the city for work, but he ain’t a city boy. For her, he made the adjustment in an adorably romantic gesture. (Attention, Alison and Noah: compromise is what makes a relationship work– you should try it sometime!) Their wedding at the end of season 2 was one of the few genuinely hopeful moments in this otherwise intense*series.
Or maybe it's a Josh thing. Just look how he have his name in the article

Quote:
The Affair is filled with maddening, complicated characters: Noah is an egotistical, self-centered writer who gets bored with trying to be good all the time; Alison lacks the self-confidence to see herself as Noah sees her; Helen (Maura Tierney) is Noah’s ex-wife who keeps hoping he’ll come back to her; and Cole (Joshua Jackson!!!!) is Alison’s haunted and clear-headed ex-husband. For better or for worse, the characters are interesting enough to keep watching.

Last edited by JJH85; 11-20-2016 at 09:11 AM
Old 11-20-2016, 09:04 AM
Passionate Fan

wait is s3 really the end? and why is JJ going to take a break?
Old 11-20-2016, 09:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift2Potter (View Post)
wait is s3 really the end? and why is JJ going to take a break?
Don't panic just yet. Just like last year, we did not hear whether or not it has been renewed for a 4th season. Last year we may have been half way through the season before we found out.

As far as Josh taking a break. He tends to do that between projects, but now that he's single, I'm hoping he will want to focus on work, so we can cross our fingers on that one. And with The Affair not being quite the intense schedule like Fringe or DC, he may not feel the need for a break and will seek out other projects. He did that after last season by doing the Play Smart People and of course his work on Years of Living Dangerously; however, that is near and dear to his heart and he likely would have done the Years project regardless.

Old 11-20-2016, 09:37 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
Or maybe it's a Josh thing. Just look how he have his name in the article
I think it's more a Josh thing
Old 11-20-2016, 09:45 AM
Elite Fan

I only used the title Could season 3 be the end, as we were all speculating on whether there will be another season and if Josh will be involved. I personally don't mind if he is or isn't as long as he is on my screen in something! (So long as he isn't a douche-bag as in Shutter!)

I have been watching a lot of US (and those made in/by other countries)TV shows and have thought that Josh would have made a great male lead in all of them, better than the actors who appear in them. Apart from The Crown.

Unfortunately he is very discriminating in what he appears in and the bits of fluff I have been watching probably wouldn't appeal to him.
Old 11-20-2016, 10:51 AM
Loyal Fan

Aww, he is so cute!

VIDEO:
IMDb
‏@IMDb
Nothing that came before can prepare you for the unpredictable new season of #TheAffair. Watch the premiere episode now on #Showtime.
https://twitter.com/IMDb/status/800374498859941888

JUSTJARED: 'The Affair' Premieres Tonight - Noah Gets a New Love Interest!

‘The Affair’ Premieres Tonight – Noah Gets a New Love Interest! | Television, The Affair : Just Jared

Last edited by Letgo; 11-20-2016 at 10:57 AM
Old 11-20-2016, 11:06 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the clip and pics.
Old 11-20-2016, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Those pics are awesome

Awww, Luisa took a selfie with Cole.

Catalina Sandino ‏@CataSan007 1h
Season 3 premiers tonight at 10pm Showtime. Tune in people!!!! @SHO_TheAffair

Last edited by JJH85; 11-20-2016 at 01:34 PM
Old 11-20-2016, 02:22 PM
Obsessed Fan

Love the pic with Luisa and Cole
Old 11-20-2016, 02:29 PM
Loyal Fan

that's such a lovely pic
Old 11-20-2016, 02:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know, it's so cute. They look like your average couple in it.

Old 11-20-2016, 04:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

Another new interview with Sarah Treem: ‘The Affair’ Showrunner Sarah Treem on Why Season 3’s a Love Story | IndieWire

I found this interesting to read and some of her comments on how the plan for the show has evolved had me curious to more specifics i.e. which characters/actors and dynamics she is referring to.

Quote:
When you were doing interviews in Season 1, you said that you came in to Showtime with a three-season pitch. How far away have you veered from that original pitch?

Pretty far. A lot of the stuff that I wanted to do previous seasons ended up getting done sooner. I had a much more languid pace in the beginning, I wanted the show to ease out much more slowly. But it just didn’t work out that way. Stuff got moved up. Then the premise of the show changed. A lot of it has to do honestly with actors and what kind of energy you’re getting and what kind of relationships are being formed on camera. Where the attraction is, where the crew is, where the charisma goes. At a certain point, I think, as a television writer you really need to start writing to what you see on film, if you want your show to have longevity.

Some stuff that I thought was going to work didn’t work. Some stuff that I didn’t expect came up. We just kept writing that way. At first you’re inspired by the ideas of these characters and then the characters take on lives on their own. Then you’re inspired by what you see on the screen. That changes expectations and your imagination to a certain extent.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread