Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2016, 03:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Affair Discussion Thread #31: How Are Our Characters "Intertwined"

OP under Construction - Please continue to post though.

Still Just Starting Filming Season 3 of The Affair

Winner of 3 Golden Globes

Please respect the No Spoilers rule that adheres to.
Discuss SPOILERS in this thread (on the Spoiler Board): http://www.fanforum.com/f15/affair-s.../#post83255692

or you may find what you are looking for in the Cole Lockhart Thread
so why not keep the discussion on our own Board
For ease of reference
http://www.fanforum.com/f30/cole-loc...-pov-63147924/

Starring

Joshua Jackson
As Cole Lockhart
2015 People's Choice Nominee - Favorite Premium Cable TV Actor

Cole: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfykOqf4Agk

Ruth Wilson
As Alison Bailey
2014 Golden Globe winner - Best Actress in a TV Drama

Dominic West
As Noah Solloway
2014 Golden Globe Nominee - Best Actor in a TV Drama

Maura Tierney
As Helen Solloway
2015 Golden Globe winner - Best Supporting Actress in a TV Drama

Helen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8Hc9ENtk90

About the Series

At once deeply observed and intriguingly elusive, THE AFFAIR explores the emotional effects of an extramarital relationship. Noah is a New York City schoolteacher and novelist who is happily married, but resents his dependence on his wealthy father-in-law. Alison is a young waitress trying to piece her life and marriage back together in the wake of a tragedy. Set in Montauk at the end of Long Island, the provocative drama unfolds separately from both the male and female perspectives, using the distinct memory biases of both to tell the story.

Looking Forward to Their Story Continuing

Videos

Previous Threads:

icon credit: crash landing
Old 10-23-2016, 03:39 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread - I didn't even notice we had gone over the 300, when I came on earlier.
Old 10-23-2016, 04:18 PM
Obsessed Fan

That radio interview was a really good one, although the Diane talk is kind of sad, looking back.
Old 10-23-2016, 05:03 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)

Moving onto the Cole/Alison having sex thing - is it possible Cole was having a sex dream about Alison and that is the reason for that look on his face when he sits up in bed. It does have that guilty look to it.

Jade86's response: He looked shocked and a bit angry to me

I've brought this over from the other thread. On a second look at the trailers, I think I agree that the sex we see, could be a sex dream. I also agree with what Jade86 said. He does not look happy at all.

Last edited by JJH85; 10-23-2016 at 05:47 PM
Old 10-23-2016, 05:31 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiechic (View Post)
I've brought this over from the other thread. On a second look at the trailers, I think I agree that the sex we see, could be a sex dream. I also agree with what Jade86 said. He does not look happy at all.
I thought he could have dreamed of something different, like Scotty's death.
Old 10-23-2016, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

He could just be mad at himself for having the dream and then wakes up to a happy family, he is probably feeling like a bad husband and father he doesn't want that, so gets mad at himself.

When you see that look, it kind of makes me believe that it was a dream. I mean he woke up with something heavy on his mind, so what else could it be?

Some more pics from the Cole Trailer.

Old 10-24-2016, 12:16 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
He could just be mad at himself for having the dream and then wakes up to a happy family, he is probably feeling like a bad husband and father he doesn't want that, so gets mad at himself.

When you see that look, it kind of makes me believe that it was a dream. I mean he woke up with something heavy on his mind, so what else could it be?
I agree, he was dreaming of something. And by the look on his face, it probably was a very disturbing dream.
Old 10-24-2016, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I got this off of Sky Atlantic's FB page.

Sky Atlantic with Joshua Jackson and 3 others.
4 hrs ·
A date you won't need to keep secret.
The Affair returns Monday 21 November

Remember Season 1, it was months before they aired it. Thanks to those Golden Globes for bringing this little show to everyone's attention.

Last edited by JJH85; 10-24-2016 at 02:30 PM
Old 10-24-2016, 02:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I got this off of Sky Atlantic's FB page.

Sky Atlantic with Joshua Jackson and 3 others.
4 hrs ·
A date you won't need to keep secret.
The Affair returns Monday 21 November

Remember in Season 1 it was months before they aired it. Thanks to those Golden Globes for bringing this little show to everyone's attention.
Thanks for that - we should be able to see it on the Tuesday after it is shown on Sky Atlantic, on Now TV. If we try to see it as it airs we tend to get buffering, but viewed later in the week it plays perfectly.
Old 10-24-2016, 08:56 PM
Loyal Fan

JOSH AND Ruth were ON THE SET OF the affair yersterday. but no pics.

marsharkcraftservice
The Affair 😀 #theaffair #seasonthree #montauk #mtk #marsharkcraftservice #onset #coconuts #craftservices #hydrate #joshuajackson #ruthwilson #showtime
krcraftyCoconut!!! Ah! Looks so delicious! Great idea❤️❤️❤️

https://www.instagram.com/p/BL9N0pRhLvD/

That some fancy craft service.
The cast and crew of the upcoming movie Ocean's Eight also has the same craftservice.
I think when your show and cast are nominated or win awards, there is a much bigger budget given to you by the studio.
Old 10-25-2016, 02:51 AM
Dedicated Fan

S1 and S2 premieres were online before they were on TV, weren´t they?

Wikipedia says that S3 premiere will be online on Nov 11, 2016. Is it officially confirmed somewhere?

Edit: never mind. It´s on Showtime´s site - S3E1 ´s available on demand on Nov 11.

Last edited by nikki-jasmine; 10-25-2016 at 02:58 AM
Old 10-25-2016, 02:57 AM
Loyal Fan

n

I have been watching the promos again.

IF the scene of Alison and Cole in bed is a dream, i think it's Noah who's been having the dream.

Well, not a dream, but a nightmare in his case. Maybe we get a flashback to his time in jail and when he was there, he was having nightmares about Alison being with Cole.

And i think, he's nightmare wil come true eventually and Cole and Alison will end up sleeping together, but that's for later episodes, not now.
Old 10-25-2016, 04:51 AM
Obsessed Fan

I have watched the promos again too. Yes, maybe it's Noah who is dreaming of Alison and Cole (something that maybe will not happen), and that would be interesting because in this case "Cole's bad dream" may not necessary be about Alison.
I thought about another possibility. The promos don't really show Alison and Cole in the same bed (so far). So i thought there could be two different scenes. The sex scene where only Alison shows up, may also be a Noah's dream or a real scene. Maybe Noah and Alison will have sex because there is a scene in the last teaser that shows Noah and Alison entering a house together at night and i remember they filmed few scenes together in Block Island and few interior scenes. I also noticed that Noah still wears his wedding ring. Maybe Noah will have sex with Alison and he will also dream of Alison and Cole having sex. Who knows.
Ruth Wilson said that Alison and Noah are now estranged but i think she also implied that Alison is still attracted by him somehow. I am not sure Sarah would make Alison and Noah completely estranged. I think they are still connected somehow.

Can you imagine Cole finding out that the mother of his daughter is having sex/going out with his enemy who also killed his brother? Noah clearly will go find Alison in Montauk. But.....didn't Cole tell Alison that he will kill him if he finds out that he is there? So many things can happen.

Last edited by jade86; 10-25-2016 at 05:31 AM
Old 10-25-2016, 05:40 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letgo (View Post)
That some fancy craft service.
The cast and crew of the upcoming movie Ocean's Eight also has the same craftservice.
I think when your show and cast are nominated or win awards, there is a much bigger budget given to you by the studio.
Can Josh have a cameo in Ocean's Eight like he had one in Ocean's Eleven?
Old 10-25-2016, 07:37 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki-jasmine (View Post)
S1 and S2 premieres were online before they were on TV, weren´t they?

Wikipedia says that S3 premiere will be online on Nov 11, 2016. Is it officially confirmed somewhere?

Edit: never mind. It´s on Showtime´s site - S3E1 ´s available on demand on Nov 11.
WEEEE!! Can't wait!!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread