Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2015, 12:28 PM
Elite Fan

The person who did this interview with Josh has obviously seen season 5 of Fringe.

Talking about Jen in Dawson's Creek:-

Quote:
Maybe she left another video, and there’s a treasure hunt she wants the rest of you to go on…
I wish Sky Atlantic would say when they are showing season 2. They are currently showing season 1 on a late night showing so will probably wait til they have shown all episodes before showing season 2. They may even show the season 1 finale the week before starting season 2, just to get the viewers back in the mood. I suppose they want to get the maximum audience for season 2 so are waiting for everyone to catch up.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm currently watching Ruth Wilson on The Stephen Colbert Show and they just showed a clip and it was a clip from Cole's POV and one we haven't seen yet.

Andrea Juárez ‏@Andreajrez · 3h3 hours ago
I got: HELEN! Which Character From "The Affair" Are You? Which Character From "The Affair" Are You? | PlayBuzz

And I got Cole.

Cole

You are down to earth and fiercely devoted to the people, places, and things that you love.
You are ready and willing to protect your way of life, even if it means breaking the rules
and making enemies. Life may not have always been easy for you, but you know there are
things in it worth fighting for.

icon credit: crash landing

Last edited by JJH85; 10-02-2015 at 09:53 PM
Old 10-02-2015, 10:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

There's more Josh praise here

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/39-the-affa...501334070.html

Quote:
Especially for those of us who will forever remain members of #TeamPacey, Jackson’s excellent performance in Oct. 11’s Episode 2 is heartbreaking.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Nice. I love hearing positive feedback about Josh, whether it be about his talent/career or Josh himself.

Old 10-03-2015, 03:17 AM
Obsessed Fan

So far Josh only got positive feedback from critics! Yes!!

Anyway, i have read that episode 2 has been released early too!
Old 10-03-2015, 03:17 AM
Obsessed Fan

Here is a new interview with Josh where he talks about season 2 and Cole. There is also a pic from episode 2.

Joshua Jackson Warns Watching 'The Affair' Season 2 Can Ruin Your Relationship

Just found two new interviews with Josh where he talks about season 2 and Cole.

Joshua Jackson Warns Watching 'The Affair' Season 2 Can Ruin Your Relationship

http://collider.com/joshua-jackson-t...n-2-interview/

Last edited by JJH85; 10-03-2015 at 07:11 AM
Old 10-03-2015, 04:01 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yes, I agree with that Mo-lady about show´s problems and the unlikeable characters.

And it looks like The Affair cast and crew hear their audience:

Quote:
There still seems to be some frustration over the issue of “objective truth” on this show. Why do you think people are so hung up on the idea of finding out what really happened and is the show planning on addressing that?

The criticisms that we were getting last year that I think is valid, is what people were actually trying to articulate that they didn’t believe that people could remember the same events so differently. I disagree with that, I think people can have radically different memories, and I’ve had that experience. But if you think it took you out of the narrative experience of the show, if you think it was too broad of a difference and it made you aware of the device, then yeah, that was a mistake. I think that’s a really valid criticism. And frankly, I think Sarah’s aware that we made some missteps with that last year. So the individual experience, the subjectivity of memory is still very a central part of the show, but I think she learned a lesson from just how far audiences are willing to go before that suspension of disbelief was broken. Which is obviously not what we’re trying to do.
http://www.thewrap.com/joshua-jackso...ry=/Ct5Dmg7lT5

Quote:
TheWrap: What do you want people to know before watching Season 2?

Joshua Jackson: Well, for the people who’ve been watching, we’ve slightly changed the device of the story. And the people who aren’t watching, be prepared. Be sure your relationship is in a good place before you start watching it with your better half.
I wish they could stop with this "don´t watch our show with your spouse"- advice. It´s not just Josh who says this, Showtime´s D.Nevins said something like that in his interview few months ago. This is a strange marketing slogan.

The Affair is not the first show about families with serious problems, it´s not the first show about cheating and divorce. Seriously, I´ve seen worse than that on TV. And I´m sure many viewers have seen even worse situations in real life.

Last edited by nikki-jasmine; 10-03-2015 at 04:30 AM
Old 10-03-2015, 04:41 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade86 (View Post)
So far Josh only got positive feedback from critics! Yes!!

Anyway, i have read that episode 2 has been released early too!

YAY! Josh getting so much praise makes me smile, he never did get noticed before by critics and his time has finally come!
Has it been revealed when epsiode 2 will be released?

Old 10-03-2015, 07:02 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letgo (View Post)
Has it been revealed when epsiode 2 will be released?
This sunday
Old 10-03-2015, 07:13 AM
Obsessed Fan

Press releases for episodes 3.02 and 3.04.

Quote:
Episode 2.03

Noah's love has serious consequences. Alison discovers a surprising truth.

Episode 2.04

Pressures in Helen's life mount. Noah and Alison face a dire setback.

No Cole's POV here but maybe he will show up in episode 3, in Alison's POV.
Old 10-03-2015, 07:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki-jasmine (View Post)

I wish they could stop with this "don´t watch our show with your spouse"- advice. It´s not just Josh who says this, Showtime´s D.Nevins said something like that in his interview few months ago. This is a strange marketing slogan.

The Affair is not the first show about families with serious problems, it´s not the first show about cheating and divorce. Seriously, I´ve seen worse than that on TV. And I´m sure many viewers have seen even worse situations in real life.
I don't think it is the fact that it's about an affair, it's really about the discussion of whose narrative is closest to the truth and I can totally relate to that concept.

My husband and I went through a similar instance of he said/she said with some really close friends of ours. We were so close we planned our vacations together, our youngest boys were best friends and we even went to Disney together. When they broke up, I would spend time with her and hubby would spend time with him and that caused quite a rift in our own relationship when we tried to talk about what was going on in their relationship. To the point where OMG, how could he lie like that and hubby would defend him. Our marriage was quite rocky through that first year, so I totally get what they are trying to say. The only difference being is that The Affair is not reality, it's a TV show. I would love to watch it with Hubby because I'm curious about how he would react to the different POVs, but he's not really interested.

Old 10-03-2015, 08:20 AM
Extreme Fan

A nice interview with Maura T:

http://www.vogue.com/13356475/maura-...onsite_twitter

Last edited by aussiechic; 10-03-2015 at 08:40 AM
Old 10-03-2015, 09:21 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I would love to watch it with Hubby because I'm curious about how he would react to the different POVs, but he's not really interested.
My husband would hate the show, I don't even need to ask him...he'd also suspect me of wanting to watch it for Josh, which is totally true

That collider interview proves that Josh is a lot less concerned about his getting roles than some of us here (me!) That won't stop me hoping for more projects though! I wonder which offers he turned down which went on to become successful?

That Maura interview was really nice.

Last edited by escapism; 10-03-2015 at 10:06 AM
Old 10-03-2015, 12:05 PM
Loyal Fan

New interview:

Actors talk about their ‘Affair’ (Conclusion)
Actors talk about their ‘Affair’ (Conclusion) | Inquirer Entertainment

I didn't understand this part, do they mean something sexual by it?:

In one episode, your cab driver character has an interesting experience with a female passenger.
Yes.

What kind of crazy adventures have you had inside a car?
I’ve been with the same woman (Diane Kruger) for nine years so if I told you about any crazy adventures I’ve had in my previous life, I would be looking for those new adventures again (laughs). If you can imagine it, I probably did it in my 20s but it’s been a long time now.
Old 10-03-2015, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapism (View Post)
My husband would hate the show, I don't even need to ask him...he'd also suspect me of wanting to watch it for Josh, which is totally true

That collider interview proves that Josh is a lot less concerned about his getting roles than some of us here (me!) That won't stop me hoping for more projects though! I wonder which offers he turned down which went on to become successful?

That Maura interview was really nice.
I'm trying to pick my brain as to what you might be referring to and I can't recall it. I don't remember this article.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread