Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2015, 07:34 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade86 (View Post)
Maybe. Oh my...what if she was pregnant with Oscar's baby the first time she had sex with him and than she had the abortion? Maybe Cole was not yet her boyfriend.
I thought something like that too. We may be way off the mark but it is great to speculate ..
Old 07-15-2015, 07:35 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
I thought something like that too. We may be way off the mark but it is great to speculate ..
We have to do something in the meantime
Old 07-15-2015, 08:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay, I totally missed the whole abortion topic. I don't remember Helen talking about having an abortion.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 07-15-2015, 08:20 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
Okay, I totally missed the whole abortion topic. I don't remember Helen talking about having an abortion.
In the second last episode of season 1 Helen is talking to Whitney in her room about when she had an abortion and explaining what to expect afterwards. Whitney is lying on her bed and I think that she has had the abortion as Helen had previously mentioned that she would take her to her own doctor to get a D&C.

I didn't notice any of this first time round so a lot clicked into place seeing it on tv and for the second time. Like when Noah went to the clinic to see who the father was I didn't realise that Whitney wouldn't be coming as Helen had since arranged for her to see her own doctor.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
In the second last episode of season 1 Helen is talking to Whitney in her room about when she had an abortion and explaining what to expect afterwards. Whitney is lying on her bed and I think that she has had the abortion as Helen had previously mentioned that she would take her to her own doctor to get a D&C.

I didn't notice any of this first time round so a lot clicked into place seeing it on tv and for the second time. Like when Noah went to the clinic to see who the father was I didn't realise that Whitney wouldn't be coming as Helen had since arranged for her to see her own doctor.
Thanks for the refresh. I only saw that episode once, but I'm holding out for the DVDs before I watch the season again. I prefer DVD watches to watching things on a laptop.

I remember the conversation, but don't remember what was discussed.

Old 07-15-2015, 08:31 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Thanks for the refresh. I only saw that episode once, but I'm holding out for the DVDs before I watch the season again. I prefer DVD watches to watching things on a laptop.

I remember the conversation, but don't remember what was discussed.
I didn't realise the significance of the conversation until I saw it again on tv. The whole thing seemed to flow more second time round. I'm glad I got to see it all again properly on tv, as it was much better quality.
Old 07-15-2015, 10:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I didn't realise the significance of the conversation until I saw it again on tv. The whole thing seemed to flow more second time round. I'm glad I got to see it all again properly on tv, as it was much better quality.
I'm glad for you too. I had all the episodes on my laptop, but then that died, so won't worry about it until I get the DVDs.

Old 07-15-2015, 12:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I'm glad for you too. I had all the episodes on my laptop, but then that died, so won't worry about it until I get the DVDs.
Well the dvds are due out soon aren't they? I will probably get nagged at if I rush out to buy them when they first come out. I could bribe my son to send for them but he would just grass me up and tease his dad that I like Josh.
Old 07-15-2015, 04:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Well the dvds are due out soon aren't they? I will probably get nagged at if I rush out to buy them when they first come out. I could bribe my son to send for them but he would just grass me up and tease his dad that I like Josh.
They come out next month and I will be buying them. Can't wait.

Old 07-15-2015, 05:34 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
They come out next month and I will be buying them. Can't wait.
still not sure if I am going to buy the series yet?
Old 07-15-2015, 09:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby1204 (View Post)
still not sure if I am going to buy the series yet?
I have to buy them as it's be best way to watch the Cole scenes on my big screen TV.

Old 07-16-2015, 06:15 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
This looks like a first synopsis for season 2:

Quote:
Ruth Wilson plays Alison, a young woman attempting to move on from tragedy and build a lasting relationship while contending with the judgment of others and her own self-doubt. Her lover Noah (Dominic West) is a burgeoning writer trying to balance the temptations of success, the family he left behind, and the woman he loves. Noah’s former wife Helen (Maura Tierney) is attempting to piece her life together while navigating divorce proceedings, care for her children, and her parents’ noxious influence. Joshua Jackson plays Cole, Alison’s former husband struggling to overcome past heartbreak and start a promising new life. Yet the long-term ramifications of the affair continue to shape these lives, and will lead to an event that changes everything once again.

The Affair Season 2 Trailer & Poster
"Cole, Alison’s former husband struggling to overcome past heartbreak and start a promising new life". Wonder what that will/could be? Is it because he has a new love?

Last edited by JJH85; 07-16-2015 at 06:21 AM
Old 07-16-2015, 07:15 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiechic (View Post)
"Cole, Alison’s former husband struggling to overcome past heartbreak and start a promising new life". Wonder what that will/could be? Is it because he has a new love?
In general it probably means that he'll find his way to move on.
Old 07-16-2015, 07:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
In general it probably means that he'll find his way to move on.
That's what I'm rooting for.

Old 07-16-2015, 07:19 AM
Elite Fan

Maybe after a few weeks of chasing after Alison he will meet this girl and finally start to move on. Even if this is not 'the new love of his life' it may be enough to realise there are other women out there he can relate to and have a steady relationship with.

When he talked about knowing Alison for 20 years in season 1 it seems they must have been, if not together as they would have been children, friends and later lovers from a very early age, so Alison was probably his first and only serious relationship.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread