Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2015, 02:31 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
Well lets hope they take that storyline somewhere even if they aren't involved anymore. The trouble is the story is more about the feelings of the characters and how they react to events, rather than the events themselves.

The line about having to find out who killed Scotty has me wondering if Noah and Alison (presumably) are going to start poking around in the past or in the Lockhart business to find some clues.
To me it's both about events and the character's reactions. To me they can't take that storyline anywhere if the lockharts are not involved anymore, especially if that storyline doesn't play out in one of the character's POVs. In this case cole.
But seeing Noah and Alison looking for clues in the Lockharts business would be interesting, or the attorney suggesting Noah somehow to discover something about the Lockharts, unless he already knows something (or more) together with Alison and they can't speak. But that would make Noah in serious trouble if he wants to get out of jail.
I'm very curious to see how the attorney is going to help Noah. Wait! Isn't the same lawyer in a long term relationship with the Butlers?? Maybe he is the one who will help Noah. Ok, if the Lockharts name comes out i will scream
Old 07-14-2015, 02:49 PM
Elite Fan

From the expression on Noah's face when he was saying he did not kill Scott Lockhart I believe him - and if he is going to try to find out who did it, means that he doesn't know who did, so why did he lie about the car and try to cover it up by bribing the tow truck man. The plot deepens!

I meant that the Lockharts may not be involved in the drug business any more but it may come out how they became involved in the first place.
Old 07-14-2015, 03:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
From the expression on Noah's face when he was saying he did not kill Scott Lockhart I believe him - and if he is going to try to find out who did it, means that he doesn't know who did, so why did he lie about the car and try to cover it up by bribing the tow truck man. The plot deepens!
Exactly. It's all confusing but intriguing! And then there is detective jeffries still in action. So much to see this season!

Quote:
I meant that the Lockharts may not be involved in the drug business any more but it may come out how they became involved in the first place.
When you are into that business it's hard to get out. Unless it's a business that have always been in the lockharts hands so they could start the business or suspend it when they need.
It's possible that very important details about the shady business will come out slowly through investigations in the present and something in the past like Cole's POV and we will find out that it's still there.

Last edited by jade86; 07-14-2015 at 03:09 PM
Old 07-14-2015, 03:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade86 (View Post)
Exactly. It's all confusing but intriguing! And then there is detective jeffries still in action. So much to see this season!

When you are into that business it's hard to get out. Unless it's a business that have always been in the lockharts hands so they could start the business or suspend it when they need.
It's possible that very important details about the shady business will come out slowly through investigations in the present and something in the past like Cole's POV and we will find out that it's still there.
The only thing wrong with that scenario is that they have lost the ranch and if they had still had the drug business they would have probably been able to keep it or at least live in a decent way. I think they just bought cocaine from someone and then sold it on for a profit so were only middlemen who could be easily replaced, but we will see.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:30 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
The only thing wrong with that scenario is that they have lost the ranch and if they had still had the drug business they would have probably been able to keep it or at least live in a decent way. I think they just bought cocaine from someone and then sold it on for a profit so were only middlemen who could be easily replaced, but we will see.
Yes, we will see. But i have faith in Sarah Treem, since she said that there is an enormous amount of story of Cole and his family this season. She is a creative mind, so i can't wait to find out what she has in store.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

I still have a feeling that one of Noah's kids are somehow involved, but not as certain about that as I was during S1.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 07-14-2015, 05:10 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I still have a feeling that one of Noah's kids are somehow involved, but not as certain about that as I was during S1.
I have no idea but I am going to enjoy finding out - bring it on baby
Old 07-14-2015, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby1204 (View Post)
I have no idea but I am going to enjoy finding out - bring it on baby
Ditto

Old 07-15-2015, 05:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just watched the Trailer for the second time and all of a sudden I got a feeling that maybe Alison has the biggest secret. It was hinted at in S1 she said that people would be really scared if they knew everything about her and in the S2 Trailer when she asks Noah if he's done anything bad and then he asks her if she has, her reply "I've done stuff".

This has gotten me thinking.

Old 07-15-2015, 06:47 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I just watched the Trailer for the second time and all of a sudden I got a feeling that maybe Alison has the biggest secret. It was hinted at in S1 she said that people would be really scared if they knew everything about her and in the S2 Trailer when she asks Noah if he's done anything bad and then he asks her if she has, her reply "I've done stuff".

This has gotten me thinking.
Right. If i remember correctly she was referring to the lockharts. She said that she had to be strong because they would be scared if they knew what she thinks. And i think her line in this second promo has to mean something. Sometimes i think this woman is very sad deep inside and maybe because she made wrong decisions. At the moment i wonder if she was thinking about her sex scenes with Oscar, both when she was younger and in season 1, or even her attempting suicide and her guilt because she didn't bring Gabriel to the hospital. I don't think Noah knows that.
But there is another interesting thing. She also said, during the interrogation in season 1, that everyone has a secret and she looked embittered. I think that line will be important.

Last edited by jade86; 07-15-2015 at 06:59 AM
Old 07-15-2015, 06:56 AM
Elite Fan

I noticed this too. Perhaps Alison is the one with the dodgy contacts, as she is the one who went away to college. She must have done something she is ashamed of in the past to make her feel the way she does.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:04 AM
Obsessed Fan

I think she just made decisions that made her feel ashamed as woman.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:09 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade86 (View Post)
I think she just made decisions that made her feel ashamed as woman.
Maybe she also had an abortion in the past like Helen, or got in with the wrong crowd so when she came back she went with Cole to try to her forget what she had done.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:23 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Maybe she also had an abortion in the past like Helen, or got in with the wrong crowd so when she came back she went with Cole to try to her forget what she had done.
Maybe. Oh my...what if she was pregnant with Oscar's baby the first time she had sex with him and than she had the abortion? Maybe Cole was not yet her boyfriend.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:29 AM
Obsessed Fan

This looks like a first synopsis for season 2:

Quote:
Ruth Wilson plays Alison, a young woman attempting to move on from tragedy and build a lasting relationship while contending with the judgment of others and her own self-doubt. Her lover Noah (Dominic West) is a burgeoning writer trying to balance the temptations of success, the family he left behind, and the woman he loves. Noah’s former wife Helen (Maura Tierney) is attempting to piece her life together while navigating divorce proceedings, care for her children, and her parents’ noxious influence. Joshua Jackson plays Cole, Alison’s former husband struggling to overcome past heartbreak and start a promising new life. Yet the long-term ramifications of the affair continue to shape these lives, and will lead to an event that changes everything once again.
The Affair Season 2 Trailer & Poster
Closed Thread   Post New Thread