Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2015, 12:55 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson

The Affair discussion thread #20:From handcuffs to thongs the discussion goes on.

The Affair
Golden Globe Winner 2014 - Best Drama Series

Please respect the No Spoilers rule that adheres to.
Discuss SPOILERS in this thread (at the Spoiler Forum):
The Affair Spoilers and Speculation #4

or you may find what you are looking for in the Cole Lockhart Thread
and why not keep the discussion on our Board for ease of reference

http://www.fanforum.com/f30/cole-loc...-pov-63147924/
Starring

Ruth Wilson
As Alison Bailey
Golden Globe winner 2014
Best Actress in a TV Drama

Dominic West
As Noah Solloway
Nominated for Golden Globe 2014
Best Actor in aTV Drama

Joshua Jackson
As Cole Lockhart

Maura Tierney
As Helen Solloway

To the great surprise of all concerned The Affair, a virtual rank outsider, won the prestigious Golden Globe Award for Best TV Drama. To add to this Ruth Wilson, won the Best Actress in a TV Drama.

About the Series

At once deeply observed and intriguingly elusive, THE AFFAIR explores the emotional effects of an extramarital relationship. Noah is a New York City schoolteacher and novelist who is happily married, but resents his dependence on his wealthy father-in-law. Alison is a young waitress trying to piece her life and marriage back together in the wake of a tragedy. Set in Montauk at the end of Long Island, the provocative drama unfolds separately from both the male and female perspectives, using the distinct memory biases of both to tell the story.

Whether it be Noah taken off in Handcuffs or Cole in a thong The Affair keeps us speculating and discussing.

Alison on the Run

The guys hanging out

Ruth and Josh in rehearsal

The cast sharing a joke

Or Cole holding the baby

Come here and share your point of view!

Previous Threads:

Last edited by LWS53; 07-13-2015 at 01:15 PM
Old 07-13-2015, 02:13 PM
Obsessed Fan

OMG....New trailer and the official promo poster for season 2!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKDB4fqUMtk

I saw the video more times and i have no words. I'm just really excited to see season 2 because i think it will be REALLY GREAT and....i really predict emmy nominations for both maura and josh!!
Old 07-13-2015, 02:42 PM
Obsessed Fan

And Cole plays darts with Oscar's face! Wohooo!

Old 07-13-2015, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Good catch Jade. He obviously found out about the deed between Alison and Oscar.
Old 07-13-2015, 03:02 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
Good catch Jade. He obviously found out about the deed between Alison and Oscar.
Indeed. Or it's just that he hates oscar. Maybe both.
Old 07-13-2015, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade86 (View Post)
Indeed. Or it's just that he hates oscar. Maybe both.
Probably both. I wonder if that scene is after Scotty's death and Oscar made some insensitive comment.

Also, I saw the pic on twitter, so posted in the Cole Thread and then realized you were the one who Tweeted it.
Old 07-13-2015, 03:22 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
Probably both. I wonder if that scene is after Scotty's death and Oscar made some insensitive comment.

Also, I saw the pic on twitter, so posted in the Cole Thread and then realized you were the one who Tweeted it.
I had to post it! I found it both funny and interesting.
Anyway i'm not sure Scotty dies so soon in season 2. I would like to see Cole's interaction with him. Maybe the car scenes are something else.
Old 07-13-2015, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I had to post it! I found it both funny and interesting.
Anyway i'm not sure Scotty dies so soon in season 2. I would like to see Cole's interaction with him. Maybe the car scenes are something else.
Maybe. It was nice to see a glimpse of scotty in the Trailer though.

Another pic from the Trailer.

EW TV ‏@EWTV · 21m21 minutes ago
There are more than two sides to every story in the new trailer for #TheAffair: http://ow.ly/PyWcD

Old 07-13-2015, 03:54 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson

Great new vid - season 2 looks really great and it looks like Noah and someone else are going to try to find out who killed Scotty.

I think the fight between Cole and Scotty is a red herring - at least not directly related to Scotty's death. Perhaps related to shady dealings or lack of them - maybe Scotty wants to crank up the drug business and Cole wants to leave it alone. Successful drug dealers don't live in a small caravan, which is where Cole appears to be living.

Last edited by LWS53; 07-13-2015 at 04:04 PM
Old 07-13-2015, 07:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
Great new vid - season 2 looks really great and it looks like Noah and someone else are going to try to find out who killed Scotty.

I think the fight between Cole and Scotty is a red herring - at least not directly related to Scotty's death. Perhaps related to shady dealings or lack of them - maybe Scotty wants to crank up the drug business and Cole wants to leave it alone. Successful drug dealers don't live in a small caravan, which is where Cole appears to be living.
My heart broke a little when I saw Cole sitting on the edge of the bed in that little trailer.
Old 07-13-2015, 09:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Disney

I am very intrigued by that trailer!
Old 07-13-2015, 10:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
I am very intrigued by that trailer!
I think we all are and I'm quite excited for more.
Old 07-14-2015, 01:16 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Well...maybe cole wants to start again the drug business and for the time being he lives in the caravan. He also drives the taxi they used for their shady business and i noticed that he drinks the beer in the same room they used to hide the drugs. Maybe that is another place where he spends his time.
Do you know what Scotty was saying?

Last edited by jade86; 07-14-2015 at 02:06 AM
Old 07-14-2015, 05:05 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Joshua Jackson

Quote:
Well...maybe cole wants to start again the drug business and for the time being he lives in the caravan. He also drives the taxi they used for their shady business and i noticed that he drinks the beer in the same room they used to hide the drugs. Maybe that is another place where he spends his time.
Do you know what Scotty was saying?
On second thoughts I think Cole may be taking the taxi to look for Alison and Scotty may be trying to stop him as the taxi is their only source of income. Maybe they only have the one taxi-cab? The room where they kept the drugs was the taxi-cab station back room so Cole would be hanging out there anyway as they are still in the taxi business.

Scotty says other people's lives are at stake here besides your own which could mean any number of things - which is exactly what they want to tease us with.
Old 07-14-2015, 05:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
On second thoughts I think Cole may be taking the taxi to look for Alison and Scotty may be trying to stop him as the taxi is their only source of income. Maybe they only have the one taxi-cab? The room where they kept the drugs was the taxi-cab station back room so Cole would be hanging out there anyway as they are still in the taxi business.

Scotty says other people's lives are at stake here besides your own which could mean any number of things - which is exactly what they want to tease us with.
Also I find with Trailers, they will add dialogue to scenes when it's not where the dialogue belongs which can be misleading.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread