Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2015, 07:23 AM
Elite Fan

The Affair discussion thread #18: Gearing up for season 2.

The Affair
Golden Globe Winner 2014 - Best Drama Series

Please respect the No Spoilers rule that adheres to.
Discuss SPOILERS in this thread (at the Spoiler Forum):
http://www.fanforum.com/f15/affair-s...-4-a-63133824/

or you may find what you are looking for in the Cole Lockhart Thread
and why not keep the discussion on our Board for ease of reference

http://www.fanforum.com/f30/cole-loc...-pov-63147924/
Starring

Ruth Wilson
As Alison Bailey
Golden Globe winner 2014
Best Actress in a TV Drama

Dominic West
As Noah Solloway
Nominated for Golden Globe 2014
Best Actor in aTV Drama

Joshua Jackson
As Cole Lockhart

Maura Tierney
As Helen Solloway

To the great surprise of all concerned The Affair, a virtual rank outsider, won the prestigious Golden Globe Award for Best TV Drama. To add to this Ruth Wilson, won the Best Actress in a TV Drama.

About the Series

At once deeply observed and intriguingly elusive, THE AFFAIR explores the emotional effects of an extramarital relationship. Noah is a New York City schoolteacher and novelist who is happily married, but resents his dependence on his wealthy father-in-law. Alison is a young waitress trying to piece her life and marriage back together in the wake of a tragedy. Set in Montauk at the end of Long Island, the provocative drama unfolds separately from both the male and female perspectives, using the distinct memory biases of both to tell the story.

Previous Threads:

Last edited by LWS53; 05-06-2015 at 09:15 AM
Old 05-06-2015, 08:08 AM
Loyal Fan

Someone asked if there are any other events coming up...

The Cannes festival is next for Diane and Josh.

The 68th annual Cannes Film Festival is scheduled to be held from 13 to 24 May 2015 and Diane's movie MARYLAND is selected for the Cannes film festival.

I can't wait for the new pictures, i love Cannes. There is something so magical about it.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:14 AM
Elite Fan

Bringing this forward from the old thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
LAT Entertainment ‏@latimesent · 8h8 hours ago
Emmy contenders chat: Join 'The Affair's' Maura Tierney on Wednesday Emmy contenders chat: Join 'The Affair's' Maura Tierney on Wednesday - LA Times

Showtime ‏@SHO_Network · 9h9 hours ago

Showtime retweeted Abe Sylvia
#Showtime worlds collide! #NurseJackie #TheAffair
|
Where @SHO_Jackie and @SHO_TheAffair collide! Best welcome to the office ever! Thanks prop goddesses.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CEQ497JWYAEbJf0.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CEQxQA0W0AEoGsB.jpg

The Affair ‏@SHO_TheAffair · 13h13 hours ago
The Affair retweeted Sarah Treem
Follow these members of #TheAffair production team!
|
Sarah TreemVerified account
‏@SarahTreem .@SarahTreem @AbeSylvia @Sharrwhite @DavidHenryHwang @internetalena @jeffreyreiner #TheAffair

Just been looking at the Sky Atlantic ad for The Affair over on the spoiler board and found a couple of mistakes in the meet the cast section. eg Oscar Hodges as Darren Goldstein.

I have also just seen an ad on Sky for The Affair - it is concentrating on the crime aspect - good it may pull in more viewers.

Last edited by JJH85; 05-06-2015 at 11:10 AM
Old 05-06-2015, 10:25 AM
Obsessed Fan

To me it will be more interesting if the focus was on relationships and the crime at the same level. You just can't talk about relationships, you need to build a world that affects them. The crime is a good element.
Old 05-06-2015, 11:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade86 (View Post)
To me it will be more interesting if the focus was on relationships and the crime at the same level. You just can't talk about relationships, you need to build a world that affects them. The crime is a good element.
I have to agree with you there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letgo (View Post)
Someone asked if there are any other events coming up...

The Cannes festival is next for Diane and Josh.

The 68th annual Cannes Film Festival is scheduled to be held from 13 to 24 May 2015 and Diane's movie MARYLAND is selected for the Cannes film festival.

I can't wait for the new pictures, i love Cannes. There is something so magical about it.
Oh goody. I hope Josh does in fact attend.
(we can continue Cannes discussion in the Out & About Thread)

icon credit: crash landing

Last edited by JJH85; 05-06-2015 at 11:28 AM
Old 05-06-2015, 11:41 AM
Elite Fan

I hope the OP is ok. I put in some of the old thread OP items that I thought were relevant, and brought the last entry over from there.

I am really looking forward to seeing season 1 on TV instead of the wobbly computer images. The ad on Sky Atlantic looks really good so lets hope it pulls in the viewers. I hope Ruth and Dominic are as popular in this as they have been in other shows so Sky will stay with it for season 2.
Old 05-06-2015, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
I hope the OP is ok. I put in some of the old thread OP items that I thought were relevant, and brought the last entry over from there.

I am really looking forward to seeing season 1 on TV instead of the wobbly computer images. The ad on Sky Atlantic looks really good so lets hope it pulls in the viewers. I hope Ruth and Dominic are as popular in this as they have been in other shows so Sky will stay with it for season 2.
The OP looks great. Thanks for opening the new Thread.

Lyn ‏@runpaceyrun · 12h12 hours ago
Dominic West: 'The Affair' offers a 'very subjective reality' | Irish Examiner http://www.irishexaminer.com/lifesty...cgOPsE.twitter

Last edited by JJH85; 05-06-2015 at 12:59 PM
Old 05-06-2015, 01:30 PM
Elite Fan

I have just watched the Emmy contenders chat with Maura Tierney - it was very good and interesting, as well as Maura thinking that there are going to be 12 episodes this year and she is pretty sure we will be getting Helen and Cole's POV. She has received the scripts but not yet read them, as she didn't want to let anything slip in the interview. The filming starts in about 2 weeks.
Old 05-06-2015, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I have just watched the Emmy contenders chat with Maura Tierney - it was very good and interesting, as well as Maura thinking that there are going to be 12 episodes this year and she is pretty sure we will be getting Helen and Cole's POV. She has received the scripts but not yet read them, as she didn't want to let anything slip in the interview. The filming starts in about 2 weeks.
Awesome

Old 05-06-2015, 02:04 PM
Elite Fan

Hopefully we will have some pics of the read through room like last year, and some on set news and pics.
Old 05-06-2015, 02:15 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Oh yeah! I have read a new French interview with Hagai Levi. I had to use google translator.
Speaking about season two he confirmed that this season will also be about Cole and Helen and that they will have a more important role this year!
Old 05-06-2015, 02:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade86 (View Post)
Oh yeah! I have read a new French interview with Hagai Levi. I had to use google translator.
Speaking about season two he confirmed that this season will also be about Cole and Helen and that they will have a more important role this year!
That is exciting news. We will all have to keep alert for news from around the world about The Affair and post what we find out. When it hits TV in the UK I am hoping that more interviews will appear in our publications.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That is very good news.

Sarah Treem ‏@SarahTreem · 5h5 hours ago
Yesterday, in the writers room, we outlined half of episode 8 and then broke into spontaneous applause #littlevictories #TheAffair

Emily ‏@mauratinamy · 4h4 hours ago
It's been confirmed by Maura that they will start filming season 2 in two weeks with 13 episodes #theaffair @SHO_TheAffair @SarahTreem

Last edited by JJH85; 05-06-2015 at 05:00 PM
Old 05-06-2015, 05:13 PM
Ultimate Fan

The new thread is awesome

What a surprise to wake up to - Filming starts in 2 weeks Yipeee and that we see more of Cole

can't wait
Old 05-06-2015, 05:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby1204 (View Post)
The new thread is awesome

What a surprise to wake up to - Filming starts in 2 weeks Yipeee and that we see more of Cole

can't wait
It's the best news we've had since the Golden Globe win.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread