Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2014, 12:23 PM
Obsessed Fan

Guys...i have a weird feeling that Cole is selling drugs because he likes it.
I have seen all the scenes with him interacting with his brothers and told them where to hide the drugs, while one of them wanted to get rid of it for good. And Cole just threated him bad. You can also read the disappointment on Scotty and Caleb's faces about the whole situation even if they still support him.
It was also weird to see Cole smoking and so angry with Martin. Yes, Cole was angry about what Martin did but only a parent is allowed to threat his son that way. I saw a totally different Cole in this episode. Really...i'm not sure he is doing all of this just to keep the ranch afloat.
Old 11-17-2014, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade86 (View Post)
Guys...i have a weird feeling that Cole is selling drugs because he likes it.
I have seen all the scenes with him interacting with his brothers and told them where to hide the drugs, while one of them wanted to get rid of it for good. And Cole just threated him bad. You can also read the disappointment on Scotty and Caleb's faces about the whole situation even if they still support him.
It was also weird to see Cole smoking and so angry with Martin. Yes, Cole was angry about what Martin did but only a parent is allowed to threat his son that way. I saw a totally different Cole in this episode. Really...i'm not sure he is doing all of this just to keep the ranch afloat.
Yeah, I'm on the fence about what to think because with what little we've seen of Cole, he seems to have these conflicting emotions and I just don't know what the real Cole is yet. I can't wait to find out though.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 11-17-2014, 12:59 PM
Elite Fan

I heard Cole say they owe a lot of money for the drugs they have and if they got rid of them they will be in real trouble. Basically they are in too deep. He also took responsibility for hiding the drugs so that if he was caught it would be him alone to take the rap.

I think Martin should have his backside kicked from Montauk back to New York for what he did. A valuable horse like that running around the roads could be killed or cause a fatal accident.

Unfortunately these people don't seem real to me the more I see of the Solloway's the less real they seem. I suppose it could be a cultural thing but where I come from people just don't behave this way.
Old 11-17-2014, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
I heard Cole say they owe a lot of money for the drugs they have and if they got rid of them they will be in real trouble. Basically they are in too deep. He also took responsibility for hiding the drugs so that if he was caught it would be him alone to take the rap.

I think Martin should have his backside kicked from Montauk back to New York for what he did. A valuable horse like that running around the roads could be killed or cause a fatal accident.

Unfortunately these people don't seem real to me the more I see of the Solloway's the less real they seem. I suppose it could be a cultural thing but where I come from people just don't behave this way.
I think the Salloway kids seem entitled, but yet Noah doesn't, so why doesn't some of that rub off on them? Martin definitely needs to be taught a lesson, but dragging him out by the shirt isn't it. I get the feeling that Martin is just lost and he somehow feels this connection to the Ranch and maybe to Cole and perhaps the whole Mare thing was a cry for help just like the fake hanging was a cry for help. I'm worried about Martin's fate because of all that.

Old 11-17-2014, 01:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I think the Salloway kids seem entitled, but yet Noah doesn't, so why doesn't some of that rub off on them? Martin definitely needs to be taught a lesson, but dragging him out by the shirt isn't it. I get the feeling that Martin is just lost and he somehow feels this connection to the Ranch and maybe to Cole and perhaps the whole Mare thing was a cry for help just like the fake hanging was a cry for help. I'm worried about Martin's fate because of all that.
He seemed all right after the shirt pulling scene and was lucky that was all he got. Most kids would have got taken back to their parents or the police for doing something like that unless it was an accident and the mare bolted when he went in the stable. He's very lucky that the Lockhart's don't want the law around.

But it is only a TV family and perhaps that's what the program makers think families are like.

As I said it is probably a cultural or generation thing and the laws are different from when I was young, and parenting is different.
Old 11-17-2014, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
He seemed all right after the shirt pulling scene and was lucky that was all he got. Most kids would have got taken back to their parents or the police for doing something like that unless it was an accident and the mare bolted when he went in the stable. He's very lucky that the Lockhart's don't want the law around.

But it is only a TV family and perhaps that's what the program makers think families are like.

As I said it is probably a cultural or generation thing and the laws are different from when I was young, and parenting is different.
He does seem fine and we see him in a pic at the Ranch in one of the upcoming episodes, so I have a feeling that although Cole reacted harshly, he is going to make it up by being caring, but stern with Martin; however, I could be wrong.

LindaSeide ‏@SeasideTV · 15h15 hours ago
What did you think of tonight's #TheAffair? Here's my review: http://www.yourentertainmentcorner.com/?p=62995 @SHO_TheAffair @SHO_PR @theaffairfans @joshuajfan

There may be some spoilers in the link, so don't go in if you don't want to know.
Sarah Treem ‏@SarahTreem · 3h3 hours ago
“It's called The Affair. It's not called The Conversation" Bless you Maura. http://vult.re/1EVirtd

Last edited by JJH85; 11-17-2014 at 01:36 PM
Old 11-17-2014, 01:40 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
This is so great! So many different reactions to the same incident. All based on the ever individual POV.

I did not react harshly to Cole's treatment of Martin. It seemed to go along with his feeling "parenty" over the boy. (However, if someone ever did that to my kid....well, hell hath no fury both to the adult and my kid for doing what Martin did).

Once again, I think Sarah confuses the issues with Cole to challenge us. She gives us the Martin incident, but then gives us the protective, fall on his sword for the good of the family, Cole. I don't think Cole uses drugs, I do think his "investment" is what he is worried about. After discovering his wife sneaking out on him in the wee hours of the morning, Cole jumps to her defense with Athena. Cole has a complicated moral code, but in seems intact. If I am taking sides, give me team Cole!

BTW, has anyone discussed the abrupt break-up with Noah and Alison? What a creep I thought Noah was with how he handled it (judgmental SOB). It is this exchange that make me think Noah has a huge sense of entitlement that he can conveniently cover up because Helen will make sure the kids/family get all the privileges they need. Poor little Alison, she seemed just like a wounded little bird. I thought Ruth's acting was fantastic in that scene.
Old 11-17-2014, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden74 (View Post)
This is so great! So many different reactions to the same incident. All based on the ever individual POV.

I did not react harshly to Cole's treatment of Martin. It seemed to go along with his feeling "parenty" over the boy. (However, if someone ever did that to my kid....well, hell hath no fury both to the adult and my kid for doing what Martin did).

Once again, I think Sarah confuses the issues with Cole to challenge us. She gives us the Martin incident, but then gives us the protective, fall on his sword for the good of the family, Cole. I don't think Cole uses drugs, I do think his "investment" is what he is worried about. After discovering his wife sneaking out on him in the wee hours of the morning, Cole jumps to her defense with Athena. Cole has a complicated moral code, but in seems intact. If I am taking sides, give me team Cole!

BTW, has anyone discussed the abrupt break-up with Noah and Alison? What a creep I thought Noah was with how he handled it (judgmental SOB). It is this exchange that make me think Noah has a huge sense of entitlement that he can conveniently cover up because Helen will make sure the kids/family get all the privileges they need. Poor little Alison, she seemed just like a wounded little bird. I thought Ruth's acting was fantastic in that scene.
You are so right about our own POVs. I didn't like how Cole handled the Martin thing right off, but I also don't think that Cole is a bad guy either. I think he is very protective of overall (remember that comment that Scotty made to Cole "you're not our father") and therefore feels responsible for everything which I think probably weighs heavy on him.

Although I don't like Noah at all, I kind of disagree with you about him being entitled. He's a guy with four kids and an affair is a whole lot different than being involved with someone who is dealing drugs. I don't dislike the fact that he was done once he heard that, but somehow I don't think he's done, it was just his initial reaction.

I agree that Ruth did an amazing job in this episode even though I am still not a fan of her character.

SpoilerTV ‏@SpoilerTV · 16h16 hours ago
The Affair - Episode 7 - Promo + 2 Sneak Peeks The Affair - Episode 7 - Promo + 2 Sneak Peeks | Spoilers

Old 11-17-2014, 02:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I heard Cole say they owe a lot of money for the drugs they have and if they got rid of them they will be in real trouble.
He said he owes 100.000 dollars and he needs to sell the drugs to have that money.
It's different. It didn't seem that drugs are related to his debt.
Old 11-17-2014, 02:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
He said he owes 100.000 dollars and he needs to sell the drugs to have that money.
It's different. It didn't seem that drugs are related to his debt.
Which is why Alison piped up and mentioned selling the Ranch. That and she just wants to change her life.

Old 11-17-2014, 02:23 PM
Elite Fan

I definitely think that what happens to Scotty and Hal is drug related, whether they owe for the drugs or want out and the higher ups won't let them.

I think the detective sniffing around is drug related too.
Old 11-17-2014, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I definitely think that what happens to Scotty and Hal is drug related, whether they owe for the drugs or want out and the higher ups won't let them.

That's a good guess and I kind of feel that way as well.

Old 11-17-2014, 02:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Which is why Alison piped up and mentioned selling the Ranch. That and she just wants to change her life.
Exactly. Besides...Cole's brothers are not happy about that. If he sold the ranch everyone would be ok. His brothers are big boys, and some of them have their own lifes with their women. They would know how to spend the money they deserve.
I would like to know why cole owns 100.000 dollars.
Old 11-17-2014, 02:29 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:

I fear that what happens to Hal and Scotty is a consequence of Cole wanting to work as drug dealer. I agree about the detective's intentions.
Old 11-17-2014, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I fear that what happens to Hal and Scotty is a consequence of Cole wanting to work as drug dealer. I agree about the detective's intentions.
I think Cole is going to blame himself for what happens to his brothers.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread