Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2014, 08:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade86 (View Post)
Just read this interesting article about how Perel helped producers on developing the psychology of the characters, both the cheaters and cheated.
Meet Esther Perel, who counsels 'The Affair' on affairs | Inside TV | EW.com

I loved this part:

Treem said that Perel was particularly helpful later in the season, when the affair starts to be revealed; she helped round out the characters of Helen and Cole. “This idea of the spouse that gets cheated on and how they react to the situation is really interesting,” Treem said “I felt she really helped us round out those characters in surprising ways.”

This proves that they worked really hard on portraying the cheated spouses and their different kind of reaction to the affair.
Expect fireworks this second half of the season
Looking forward to seeing the second half of the show. I suspect it will be better than the first half.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 11-06-2014, 08:59 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
Looking forward to seeing the second half of the show. I suspect it will be better than the first half.
Well look at it like the first 4 episodes of season 4 of Fringe. They were not to my liking but necessary for the rest of the story to make sense and built up the anticipation for the rest of the season.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
Well look at it like the first 4 episodes of season 4 of Fringe. They were not to my liking but necessary for the rest of the story to make sense and built up the anticipation for the rest of the season.
How very true and what a good way to look at it. I wonder how I would be looking at this show if Josh weren't in it.

Old 11-06-2014, 11:00 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
That's true, it's just that this show is only 10 episodes, not much space to be "slow". Fringe was, what, 22?

Quote:
How very true and what a good way to look at it. I wonder how I would be looking at this show if Josh weren't in it.
I would have watched maybe 1-2 episodes, and given up.
Old 11-06-2014, 11:04 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracydeanne1 (View Post)
That's true, it's just that this show is only 10 episodes, not much space to be "slow". Fringe was, what, 22?
Well it's not that slow but it seems like it for us as we are more interested in Cole and the rest of the cast and how they relate to the two protagonists than the getting together of Alison and Noah.

Personally I am more interested in the horses than in Noah and Alison but that's just me.
Old 11-06-2014, 11:20 AM
Master Fan

who do you guys think is gonna find out first about the affair? we saw on the clip that Alison's mom confronts her about it but i mean like who's gonna walk in on them having sex or something like that.
Old 11-06-2014, 11:25 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Well it's not that slow but it seems like it for us as we are more interested in Cole and the rest of the cast and how they relate to the two protagonists than the getting together of Alison and Noah.

Personally I am more interested in the horses than in Noah and Alison but that's just me.
I find it very slow, if Cole's story wasn't there I wouldn't even be watching. I have a friend who stopped watching after the first episode, she said nothing happened, too boring. But everyone had their own likes.

Hopefully it will pick up now that the affair has happened.
Old 11-06-2014, 12:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen (View Post)
who do you guys think is gonna find out first about the affair? we saw on the clip that Alison's mom confronts her about it but i mean like who's gonna walk in on them having sex or something like that.
Well with their lack of discretion it could be half the town! I don't think Alison's mom will say anything to the Lockharts as there seems to be no love lost there. If they carry on making out etc. down back allies and on the beach someone is bound to see them but if they keep it behind closed doors I can't see anyone actually walking in on them.
Old 11-06-2014, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen (View Post)
I think Oscar is a good guess for that one, but I also have a feeling that one of Cole's brother's might somehow find something out, but that's just a feeling.

As far as suspicion goes, which spouse do you think will suspect something is going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracydeanne1 (View Post)
I find it very slow, if Cole's story wasn't there I wouldn't even be watching. I have a friend who stopped watching after the first episode, she said nothing happened, too boring. But everyone had their own likes.

Hopefully it will pick up now that the affair has happened.
I try not to judge any new show just by the pilot because I find that sometimes the pilot can be the least enjoyable episode. I like to give a show a 3 episode chance which is what I did for The Wire, but then didn't watch further.

Old 11-06-2014, 01:25 PM
Obsessed Fan

Given Oscar's involvement in the extended promo, i think he will be the first one to find out about the affair. Alison's mom will find out too and maybe Cherry Lockhart will know something through her. Maybe Alison's mom has only bad relationship with Cole. Who knows.
Old 11-06-2014, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Given Oscar's involvement in the extended promo, i think he will be the first one to find out about the affair. Alison's mom will find out too and maybe Cherry Lockhart will know something through her. Maybe Alison's mom has only bad relationship with Cole. Who knows.
I agree about Alison's mom and Oscar, but I think Cherry might only suspect something which prompts that conversation she has with Alison about her being there for Cole.

I also think Alison's mom disrespected Cherry which is what prompted Cole to lose his temper because he said something like "you don't get to say that to her" and it sounded like he was referring to his mom which then led into the whole she was there when you weren't rant.

Old 11-06-2014, 01:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I agree about Alison's mom and Oscar, but I think Cherry might only suspect something which prompts that conversation she has with Alison about her being there for Cole.

I also think Alison's mom disrespected Cherry which is what prompted Cole to lose his temper because he said something like "you don't get to say that to her" and it sounded like he was referring to his mom which then led into the whole she was there when you weren't rant.
Yes that's what I thought so I don't think Cherry and Alison's mom are on good terms particularly, and she was probably only at the table as a courtesy to Alison. One of them must have offended the other which sparked the whole row.
Old 11-06-2014, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yes that's what I thought so I don't think Cherry and Alison's mom are on good terms particularly, and she was probably only at the table as a courtesy to Alison. One of them must have offended the other which sparked the whole row.
My guess is that is was Alison's mom, she seems a bit brash.

We are going to need a new Thread. How crazy is it that there have only been 4 episodes aired and we have already had 11 Threads dedicated to this show?

EDIT

The Affair ‏@SHO_TheAffair · 1h1 hour ago
Is someone onto their secret? Rumors start to fly on the next episode of #TheAffair this Sunday.

Last edited by JJH85; 11-06-2014 at 02:12 PM
Old 11-06-2014, 02:17 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:

So it's something that comes from the clip.
Old 11-06-2014, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
So it's something that comes from the clip.
Yes, it was the clip that Josh showed on Conan. It doesn't really count as a spoiler as it was a promo clip, but I guess I should have been sensitive to folks here not wanting to know anything at all, so my apologies about that.

EDIT

Julia Goldani Telles ‏@JuliaGTelles · 18h18 hours ago
Dear @interviewmag, thank you for featuring me in your November issue & letting me talk about my ❤️… http://instagram.com/p/vCwfF0pW_l/

Last edited by JJH85; 11-06-2014 at 02:52 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread