Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2014, 06:43 AM
Part-Time Fan

Episode Four was slow even painful going at times. However it does set the scene for what's to come towards the end of the series. Hopefully Cole kicking Noah's ass into the stratosphere when he finds out what's been going on behind his back.

Seriously though, it was a well acted episode, I still think Allison is a pretty fragile and damaged perhaps dark character that I don't think we can completely trust when looking at her perspective. Noah, I still can't take a "shine" to no matter how I try. He just seems "non-Affair" material if you know what I mean.

Oh and excuse me Allison, I nearly threw my laptop in the corner in disgust when she said NOAH had a "nice ass". REALLY WOMAN?!. HAVE YOU SEE WHO YOU'RE MARRIED TO?!. I think we all know who wins in the "Battle of the Butts" and Noah...face it...it ain't you!. (No offence to Dominic West here of course!).
Old 11-04-2014, 07:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Battle of the Butts - I love it.

We all seem to be in agreement on how we feel about Noah. I know I can be bias sometimes when it comes to Josh, but I am also a very honest person when critiquing a movie or show and regardless of how great or awful Cole might be, Noah just doesn't seem like the type of guy you would cheat on your husband with.

icon credit: crash landing

Last edited by JJH85; 11-04-2014 at 07:35 AM
Old 11-04-2014, 07:37 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alligatoruk (View Post)
I saw someone mention that possibility over on the IMDB boards - although they were thinking that Noah's interrogation was first and Alison's later on (I think due to her looking and acting so different - more groomed and more together). Though if we take what the cop said about his marriage as the truth (if anything is truthful!), it makes sense to be Allison first and then Noah's later because the policeman could still have been happily married when talking to her and divorced later. Or he could just be trying to push some buttons with each of them!

Unlike many others on here I enjoyed the episode - I think it was slow but purposely so. I think their characters came out more and I got a better sense of what they felt for each other. Also, I think Noah was more likeable in this one, whereas Alison came across as being more hard work - in both versions (though perhaps for different reasons). However, this week the two versions didn't seem as opposed as in previous episodes.

Acting wise, I think Ruth is doing a great job - I really felt her pain when talking about her son. I don't feel as though she is "acting", which is always a good sign.

I didn't even really miss Josh - having any of the others in this episode would have taken away the focus and I think that was needed to explain how their affair is based on more than just sexual chemistry.
Great British minds think alike. I felt exactly the same way about this episode.

I think the detective was trying to get a reaction out of them by telling them different things about his married/divorced status as opposed to there being years between the two interrogations as we know Noah was quite a way in the future if Trevor was having to write the sort of essay they were discussing unless American children are a lot more advanced than their British counterparts. But then I don't remember much of high school as it was a very long time ago and things may have moved on a lot since I was there.

I always think that Noah looks and acts like a bouncy children's entertainer sort of guy - like a children's TV presenter trying to be everything to everyone but unfortunately he is failing miserably.
Old 11-04-2014, 07:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
I think the detective was trying to get a reaction out of them by telling them different things about his married/divorced status as opposed to there being years between the two interrogations as we know Noah was quite a way in the future if Trevor was having to write the sort of essay they were discussing unless American children are a lot more advanced than their British counterparts.
I'm pretty sure Trevor is in University because Noah mentioned a Thesis and you wouldn't write a Thesis in High School.

Old 11-04-2014, 07:44 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I'm pretty sure Trevor is in University because Noah mentioned a Thesis and you wouldn't write a Thesis in High School.
How old is Trevor in this timeline? (I can't get timelines out of my brain sorry - perhaps I will have to get William to cut them out and plant them in Cath so she'll know what I'm talking about)
Old 11-04-2014, 07:52 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)

I had to write a pretty massive research paper my senior year in high school that included at thesis statement that's what I thought Noah was referring to.

And, if I had to guess, Trevor looks like he's probably 14 maybe 15.
Old 11-04-2014, 07:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tela (View Post)
I had to write a pretty massive research paper my senior year in high school that included at thesis statement that's what I thought Noah was referring to.

You are thinking of Martin, Trevor is the younger boy and he looked more like 10/11 to me.

Old 11-04-2014, 08:01 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:

That sounds about right for the age Noah looks, as they haven't aged him up and I don't know how old he is supposed to be at the time we are seeing but he must be at least 38 as his daughter is 16.

Perhaps the reason Noah is bouncing around like a big kid is to make him look younger and the time the detective is talking to him is the age Dominic is now.

If Trevor is about 15/16 when Noah is talking to him that would put it about 5-6 years in the future
Old 11-04-2014, 08:08 AM
Loyal Fan

Doh! Got those Salloway brothers confused!

I agree Trevor looks like he's in the nine-eleven age range, which means this interrogation could be nine or ten or more years into the future that puts a new twist on things.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

I agree Trevor looks like he's in the nine-eleven age range, which means this interrogation could be nine or ten or more years into the future that puts a new twist on things.
After hearing that call, I immediately added 10 years to the timing, so until they confirm anything, I'm going to stick with 10 years.

Old 11-04-2014, 08:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Don't worry I thought we were talking about Martin at first then had to look up on imdb to see who Trevor was. Noah doesn't seem to have aged that much so I think perhaps 6 years is more likely but it could be nearer ten at a push. Perhaps he is like me and enhances his hair colour.
Old 11-04-2014, 10:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Rotten Tomatoes ‏@RottenTomatoes · Nov 2
#TheAffair: Season 1 is Certified Fresh at 96% ---> The Affair: Season 1 - Rotten Tomatoes #Tomatometer @SHO_TheAffair

I just had to post this one because other than the names all you see is hot

Ntiñako ‏@NtinaKo · 3h3 hours ago
Βαθύς αναστεναγμός για τον Joshua Jackson ως Cole Lockhart. Ό,τι πιο hot έχει βγάλει η φολκ σκηνή του Καναδά μετά τον Cohen.

I took a closer look at the one of the clips and I noticed that in the scene where Cole gets upset and hits an object off the table, Martin (Noah's son) is right there. That makes me nervous.

The Affair ‏@SHO_TheAffair · 16m16 minutes ago
#TheAffair is the talk of the town... and it's only just begun. Be there when everything comes to a head.

Last edited by JJH85; 11-04-2014 at 11:14 AM
Old 11-04-2014, 03:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

Promo photos for episode 6 are now available

Photos - The Affair - Season 1 - Promotional Episode Photos - Episode 1.06
Old 11-04-2014, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love how the pics trigger so many questions and stirs speculation.

Last edited by JJH85; 11-04-2014 at 05:26 PM
Old 11-04-2014, 04:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Who is the handsome fella with Helen??

I betcha Cole ends up developing a relationship with Martin and that pisses Noah off? Cole Being the father figure will attract Alison to her husband and diminish Noah in her eyes. This would piss Noah off-enough to kill Cole??

Why didn't we think of that before or did we just miss it?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread