Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-06-2008, 06:44 AM
Master Fan

Bill: "would you like a Fresca?"
Andy: "I would LOVE a Fresca"

I laughed so hard at that part!

Tara, "LALALALAALALALALA" She wins at life!
'Cause now I o w n you Stefan&Katherine | megan

Old 10-06-2008, 06:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Bill: "would you like a Fresca?"
Andy: "I would LOVE a Fresca"
I loved that part too. But it was mostly Stephen's delivery of that line
Old 10-06-2008, 08:42 AM
Loyal Fan

May i say on a side-note; That this show has one of the most amazing intro ever?!! Damn i love it! I enjoy it everytime i see it, its a little long, but i like it. the song fits very well!

This episode was good. i didn't like Sam,he was scary... and i liked that we saw the past of Bill... hope we'll see more of it...
Jason was also weird, damn the V. hope him and Tara will come together

Oh and the ending, men, i didn't like it. why?! why nan???
Old 10-06-2008, 08:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm the opposite about the intro, I just close my eyes and listen to the song because the song, I love
Old 10-06-2008, 09:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love the song, but i dont like the credits.

GREAT episode. Bill owns! Poor Bill, his story about the war and then remembering how he got turned, against his own will..

I liked the date between Sam/Sookie, but then Sam became all crazy after that.

Jason/Tara! Now if only Jason.. wasn't being an ass at the end.. But that is Jason..
Old 10-06-2008, 10:00 AM
Part-Time Fan

Why do you all think the Sam/Sookie kiss was creepy? I didn't.

They were certainly flirting over pie & coffee. Sookie looked to be enjoying the .

Sam didn't come off as creepy in this scene. To me, he appeared to be a man scared for the woman he loves. Sam knows / understands vampires better than Sookie. (As it's obvious that he's some type of supernatural being himself). Sookie and Sam both seem to have a "short-fuse" when it comes to their tempers...Sam was frustrated that Bill's "performance" at the meeting was able to draw Sookie back into her fascination with vampires...and he got angry. Only he went a bit overboard by yelling at Sookie that he'd do anything to protect her, which caused Sookie to be frightened of him for moment. Poor Sam. You could tell that was not what he intended.

Sookie's very stubborn and it appears she's going to learn everything the hard way. Hopefully, she calmed down during her taxi ride home and took Sam's warning to heart.

How cute were Hoyt and his mama. Watching them fuss over the cross was hilarious, as well as Hoyt's fascination with TruBlood. Plus, with his hair combed that way, Hoyt is quite the hottie! He needs to find himself a nice girl...and leave the whores for Jason.
Spoiler:

I have to say this was a great episode. Bill's "talk" with the DGD...seeing how he was made vampire by Lorena...Bill serving Fresca to Andy Bellefleur...Terry Bellefleur acting like he'd found a kindred spirit in Bill (the bear-hug after the meeting).

Bill is being very smart about his mainstreaming - showing only his good side (the small part of him that remembers what it's like to be human.) He de-bunked vampire myths: crosses and photographs. As Sam snidely commented...it was quite the performance. Bill was able to make many of the Bon Temps residents forget that he's a killer by nature...and that they should be afraid of him. Bill is certainly a clever vampire, albeit a little on the boring side.

Alan Ball has obviously taken liberties with storyline & characters created by Charlaine Harris, but it's just as entertaining as the books! I'm always disappointed when the hour is up. I just want more.

Looking forward to next week's show. I wasn't sure if Alan Ball was going to keep in the sub-plot with Uncle Bartlett -- this will be very interesting (and heart-wrenching) to watch play out.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Why do you all think the Sam/Sookie kiss was creepy?
Well, the actual kiss wasn't. Well, I didn't like that he just jumped on her with that kiss. Slow down, Sam It was more afterwards that was creepy and how in her face he was

And what I also found creepy...AND crappy of him was to ask if she have had sex with Bill. Like she said, it's non of his business. He's just a bit too clingy and whiny around her. He may be her boos, he shouldn't boss her around outside of work. He comes across as....well creepy to me

Last edited by sanna_o75; 10-06-2008 at 10:11 AM
Old 10-06-2008, 10:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't find the kiss creepy, just maybe Sam came on a little too strong.. too fast too soon.
One moment they are having coffee, and the next, he is pushing her against a car and kissing her.

I'd be overwelmed as well.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:40 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by - Tinkerbell - (View Post)
I didn't find the kiss creepy, just maybe Sam came on a little too strong.. too fast too soon.
One moment they are having coffee, and the next, he is pushing her against a car and kissing her.

I'd be overwelmed as well.
I totally agree. Sam came on a little too strong and too fast for Sookie. He has her a spooked a bit by the intensity of his feelings.

You have to give the man some credit, though. When opportunity knocks, Sam doesn't hesitate to answer.
It took him all of 2 seconds to make up his mind to ask Sookie out after hearing that Fangtasia scared the crap out of her, and that she was finished with Bill.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
You have to give the man some credit, though. When opportunity knocks, Sam doesn't hesitate to answer.
It took him all of 2 seconds to make up his mind to ask Sookie out after hearing that Fangtasia scared the crap out of her, and that she was finished with Bill.
True

Accoring to what happens in the promo for next episode, I wonder how he'll react. This is gonna be interesting
Old 10-06-2008, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

all i want to do is over tara and jason!
Old 10-06-2008, 02:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Heh lexi, watching their scenes, all i could think of.. what you would think I knew you would love them even more.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I liked their scenes too. Even though he was high
Old 10-06-2008, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by - Tinkerbell - (View Post)
Heh lexi, watching their scenes, all i could think of.. what you would think I knew you would love them even more.
i did! im not really feeling sookie and the rectangle right now, so i'm glad i have something else to keep me squeeing! i can't believe lafayette told jason either! why did he have to go and be jason in the end? psht

lafayette was the only other good part of the ep last night imo
Old 10-06-2008, 04:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostqueen (View Post)
The end of the episode really shocked me this week. I've not read the books, so I'm coming to this with a fresh eye.
Same here! My mouth dropped when we saw Nan lying in a pool of her own blood, I can't believe she's been killed off! And so soon into the season.

I loved this episode, overall. Seriously loved!

Bill was just awesome, all-round. I adored how he worked the crowd, putting them at ease and alleviating their fears of him a little bit, and I really enjoyed the flashbacks and finding out more of his history, especially how he was turned! Though the scene when he watched his family was heartbreaking. Ooh, random note, I love that vampires cry blood tears - so Gothic

I actually adored all of the Jason/Tara stuff, but of course he had to ruin it at the end. Stupid boy! I wonder how he'll get Tara to forgive him now, he really gave her false hope

Lafayette is BADASS. I was grinning like an evil person when he put the smackdown, both verbally and physically, on the *******s at Merlotte's. He's a really interesting character, and I'm glad he's not a total stereotypical depiction of a gay man.

I wasn't too bothered about the Sam/Sookie stuff until he pushed her up against the car and kissed her, that seemed forced and a bit too much. And then he acted like a total jerk after, he deserved what he got. I have a feeling he had something to do with that dog watching Bill and Sookie after their fight.

There were a lot of laugh-out-loud moments for me in this episode, too. Like Tara's "LALALALALALALALALALALA!" when Sookie tried to read her mind And the Sheriff's little vampire impersonation, with the fangs Also, Hoyt and his mum, and the whole deal with the cross. And when Andy realised Sookie could read his mind and thought "don't look into her eyes!" And also, when Bill said Sam was Sookie's employer, and Sam's like "nah, we're off-duty", and the complete serious and deadpan way Bill just said "no legally, you still are." I don't know why, but that cracked me up!

Anyway yeah, this episode was awesome! I can't wait for next week's!