Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-29-2008, 12:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

so im pretty much hardcore tara and jason now! dayum! that flashback owns me! i get it now

bill and sookie were as enchanting as ever tonight! i just adore them together

sam and sookie were sweet though... idk, sam at the end freaked me out... and i thought jason was weird

the ep was good, can't wait for next week
Old 09-29-2008, 02:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

The episode seemed to fly by fast, this show seems to be getting better and better as each episode happens. I'm so glad because i love it.

Firstly onto Jason: Does he not listen? What did Lafayette tell him regarding how much to take? Damn boy you don't drown yourself the whole vile with powerful stuff as that.
I sure hope he has learned his lesson, you don't mess or take Vampire Blood for granted, it's serious business.
I did adore the flashback of young Tara and Jason, i didn't expect that but it just goes to show for how long she has liked him. And for good reason, he was a sweet kid. Tara is impressing me with her book smarts, very nice girl.

I'm not too fussed on Eric right now. I get that he is meant to be this Big Vampire and stuff, but to me right now all he seems to be is full of himself and egotisical.
Sure that's not a change to how he is in the books, but i was never a huge Eric fan in the books either. Maybe i'm just baised because i love Bill/Sookie but meh, we'll see how the next few episodes go.

I did love Bill's power of Persuasion on the Police Officer on the way back from Fangtasia. Forcing him to give the gun to him, was nice although i'm not sure what the purpose was. Maybe to give to Sookie because of the Murders that have been happening lately. To protect herself when he can't protect her.
Loved the Bill/Sookie scenes. Especially that almost kiss.. damn that Police Officer interrupting. grr.

Oh, and Sam? I love the guy and all but what he did on Dawn's bed was Odd.
But seeing that picture of Dawn and himself, it looks like they were together at one point because they look quite happy.
Which surprises me, as we never got any indication of that.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:57 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostqueen (View Post)
I wonder why they changed the scene from the book version. They don't seem to hold back from sex on this series. I loved tonight's episode. Could have used some more Bill though. Full review on my entertainment blog, Celebrity Today.
There was other interesting dialog between Sookie and Bill while they were in the bar that got cut out. Fangtasia is different than some other more vampire bars in that they are open to "tourists" and fangbangers. If the series lasts until book 3 we'll see "club dead" for supes and their guests which is a more dangerous bar.

In the book Bill gets propositioned by a female fangbanger which he turns down gently. Then he is approached by 3 more. Pam is the one who kicked the guy who crawled to her. Eric was at a table not on a throne. After Bill and Sookie asked Eric about Dawn and Maudette they went back to their booth. Eric tried to glamor Sookie from across the room. She could feel the wave of energy. She was worried that he would know she was not normal. Bill was angry because Eric had broken one of the vampire rules by trying to glamor her after Bill had claimed her. Bill and Sookie talked. He explained about the vampire rules.

There was a bit more between Sookie and Bill that was pertinent but we got to see Jason and his eggplant dick instead.

Old 09-29-2008, 05:11 AM
Master Fan

What Eric and Pam said was,

- "Vår lilla djurpark börjar växa till sig"
- "Jag vet"

It roughly translates to,

- "Our small zoo is beginning to grow"
- "I know"

my dad is sweedish, and knows it
'Cause now I o w n you Stefan&Katherine | megan

Old 09-29-2008, 05:24 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by out of this world (View Post)
All I have to say it that was a great episode. I am so excited that Eric has finally arrived He cracks me up in the books. I cannot wait till next weeks episode.
Oh yeah! Eric was sexy. In the beginning he is more of a threat to Bill because he wants Sookie. Then he starts to be very protective of Sookie but it's not until the second book we start to see more of Eric's playful, fun side.

Old 09-29-2008, 07:16 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushkah (View Post)
What Eric and Pam said was,

- "Vår lilla djurpark börjar växa till sig"
- "Jag vet"

It roughly translates to,

- "Our small zoo is beginning to grow"
- "I know"

my dad is sweedish, and knows it
Thanks for the translation. I really wanted to know.

Old 09-29-2008, 08:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Great episode

I must say that I don't get the hype of Eric at all. He does nothing for me. The only thing about him that made me squee a little was that he spoke a little Swedish

The Bill/Sookie scenes was

They are doing a great job to makje me both like Sam and be totally creeped out by him. That last scene was.....yeah....

Tara was great tonight and I loved when she said that she was facinatewd by medical things but not that much that she wanted to stay there with Jason. His scenes made me cringe alot. And laugh at the same time. I like him, he's sort of cute...in a weird sort of way
Old 09-29-2008, 08:52 AM
Extreme Fan

Sanna!
I think the hype around Eric is because of the books...
Just a quick question Sanna: How do you deal with all the sex scenes?

The show is improving by the episode.. it seems that they want to take it slower with Sookie and Bill.
Though the last scene with Sam was really wierd and creepy..
Old 09-29-2008, 08:57 AM
Master Fan

I liked last night's episode. It was really good.

Most has been said already, but I can't help feeling that they're making this show about Jason and a thousand other people but not Sookie. While watching the episode it was always just Jason Jason Jason. I get that he's important for the plot since he's the suspect but still. Somehow it feels as if Sookie is just a minor character.

Maybe I'm just too worn down from my exam today, but the way Sookie and Jason behave is just stupid. At the moment Jason annoys me just with his very presence. Why can't he for once listen to someone? Of course he was in trouble with the police, he couldn't've thrown the V away like some piece of paper but he could've taken it out of his pants the night before when Dawn threw him out. He can't be that retarded.
And Sookie was really stupid. Of course, she isn't afraid of vampires but even then I wouldn't go through Fangtasia blabbing and ranting when everything screams at her not to do so. She didn't seem that stupid in the book.

Well, apart from that I really liked the way Tara acts on the show. I like her and I am glad that she's not just a complaining bitch. Also, I just love how Sam cares about Sookie. The kiss on her head was so cute! (But he did creep me out in the end.)

And then of course: Eric. His character is great and it's cool that he's absolutely no doubt the boss in Fangtasia. I liked Alexander's acting and his voice totally fits the character. That also goes for Pam. In my imagination, Pam looked way different but this Pam is cool too. She definitely has the right Pam-attidude.

Old 09-29-2008, 08:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm with Sanna, i don't get all the Eric hype .. i don't even like him all that much in the books. But the Actor seems to be portaying him well.

Something strange always seems to have to happen at the end of the episode ..

Btw, i'm not even convinced this show is meant to be about Sookie, the were certainly were. But i don't know..i think the show is more than her..
It seems everyone has an equal part, no one is bigger than the other.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:44 PM
Elite Fan

Loved all the Sookie/Bill moments

Jason is slowly growing on me. And the Jason/Tara flashback was a nice touch. I liked Tara quite a bit this episode too. Probably because she didn't dislike Bill so much

I've never liked Sam, I find him rather annoying, and dull. And wow, now he's creepy too!

I don't particularly like Eric, but only time will tell I guess. But if he starts getting all stalkery with Sookie than I won't like him at all, so stay away!
Old 09-29-2008, 01:32 PM
New Fan

MMMMKAY!!!!

I've finally found a fan forum that i can enjoy!! I am so excited about tru blood!!! I've been weary of HBO since they ended Carnivale... so i hope they keep up the good work with Tru-Blood...

Now on to more important things!! OMG whats up with Sam being a dog... when i watched the premier with the author they made it seem like its a "real" world... i understand her going there with vampires... but how do shapeshifters come into play? Also... how does one become a vampire in this series? It seems lots of people drink V juice and stay human... would you need to be bitten AND drink the blood in order to turn?

I can't wait for next week!!!

p.s. I posted this in the spoilers thread but it seems better suited here! :-)
Old 09-29-2008, 01:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fading Letters (View Post)
...I liked Alexander's acting and his voice totally fits the character. That also goes for Pam. In my imagination, Pam looked way different but this Pam is cool too. She definitely has the right Pam-attidude.

I agree about her attitude and not looking how I expected. I pictured her blonder. I'm looking forward to seeing her when she is not on duty at Fangtasia. If given a choice she wears little makeup and dresses very conservatively. But I'm not sure if we'll get to see much of her or Eric this season since they play bigger parts in later books.

Old 09-29-2008, 05:10 PM
Master Fan

I really enjoyed this week's episode!

First off, Jason cracked me up the entire episode, he had some classic lines, and just his whole predicament was hilarious Poor guy though, I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. I really like him, and I know he's a tool, but I see there being some hope for him yet!

Tara was great too, I like how smart and witty she is I thought it was really nice that she gave Jason an alibi, and stayed with him in the hospital room. And their flashback was SO adorable! It all makes sense now, though I hope we get some more moments like that throughout the rest of the season. I'm still holding out hope for those two.

Bummed about Sam, not Bill, being the one who kissed Sookie on the head. Even though that was kinda sweet, but still, I don't see the sparks between the two of them, their relationship seems more siblingly (what, it's a word...), than romantic, to me. And what the hell was he up to at the end of the episode?! I haven't read the books, so I didn't know before coming here that he's apparently not all human, but it was still wacky and out there. I have to admit, I'm intrigued by how his story unfolds.

I don't get all the hype about Eric, either. He didn't seem all that enthralling to me, and the way he talked was kinda funny. Especially when he told Sookie she should've been questioning him I don't know, I'll reserve judgment until we see him a little more, maybe his badassery is yet to come.

Loved all the Bill/Sookie stuff, the way they kept emphasising how the trip to Fangtasia wasn't a date, and the hand-holding in the club, the possessiveness and the almost-kiss! Can't wait to see how more of that develops.

Thought the cops were quite funny And I liked...what's his face - that guy who was thinking about Dawn in a nice way. I can't remember his name, but he was sweet!

Anyway yeah, I enjoyed this one, I'm looking forward to more already
Old 09-30-2008, 02:51 AM
New Fan

Doesn't Pam looks old? In the books she became a vampire when she was ¿19?