Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-28-2008, 07:27 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiagonalZipper (View Post)
I'm so excited for more Bill & Sookie moments!
In case you haven't read the books and they keep it in the show, there will be one after they leave Fangtasia that you will squee for .

Last edited by =-Kathy->; 09-28-2008 at 08:15 AM
Old 09-28-2008, 07:35 AM
Master Fan

I hadn't seen the trailer before, but I just watched it now, jaw-dropped, then had to go back and watch it again. Wow! The new episode looks awesome!

Who the hell is Eric?! A vampire bar?! Oooooh. Also, Bill kissing the top of Sookie's head makes me Looks like they'll have some good moments! And poor Jason, who knows what's happening to him.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynter (View Post)
I hadn't seen the trailer before, but I just watched it now, jaw-dropped, then had to go back and watch it again. Wow! The new episode looks awesome!

Who the hell is Eric?! A vampire bar?! Oooooh. Also, Bill kissing the top of Sookie's head makes me Looks like they'll have some good moments! And poor Jason, who knows what's happening to him.
Eric is the sexy 1000 yr old vampire who owns/operates the vampire bar in Shreveport. (Fangtasia) Also, in last week's episode the vamp Malcolm made reference to Eric being something much more than a bar owner...

Hate to burst your bubble, but the person kissing Sookie on the head is not Bill. It's Sam.
Old 09-28-2008, 02:04 PM
Master Fan

Eric, oh my Eric! He definitley is sexy, lol!
I love your icon btw B&Bfan4life fanged Eric is so

Sam Sookie! I sooo can't wait for 6 more hours, gonna be awesome!
'Cause now I o w n you Stefan&Katherine | megan

Old 09-28-2008, 02:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by =-Kathy-> (View Post)
In case you haven't read the books and they keep it in the show, there will be one after they leave Fangtasia that you will squee for .
Okay thanks. I hope they keep whatever it is too then!
Old 09-28-2008, 07:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

I've never read the books but I can see the presence that Eric is trying to make on Sookie.

Poor Jason, that's all I can say about that !

And Tara was great to say that Jason was with her . I hope it doesn't backfire on her.

*avatar created by DanceWithLife**
Old 09-28-2008, 07:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiagonalZipper (View Post)
Okay thanks. I hope they keep whatever it is too then!
Actually they changed it. When Bill and Sookie escape from the police raid on Fangtasia, Bill gets all blood-lusty and parks in an empty strip mall parking lot a couple of blocks away. They start kissing and getting involved when the police show up. Because his fangs are partway out and he can't retrack them Sookie does all the talking. The cop leaves without being glamored.

Old 09-28-2008, 07:17 PM
Loyal Fan

All I have to say it that was a great episode. I am so excited that Eric has finally arrived He cracks me up in the books. I cannot wait till next weeks episode.
#154 OBSESSED JB FAN
Icon by mesmerise
Old 09-28-2008, 07:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

I wonder why they changed the scene from the book version. They don't seem to hold back from sex on this series. I loved tonight's episode. Could have used some more Bill though. Full review on my entertainment blog, Celebrity Today.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:58 PM
Master Fan

ERIC ERIC ERIC!!!

Alexander did an amazing job as Eric! I love book and tv Eric too now! The E/S parts was awesome, I can't wait for more! I like that they kept the "aren't you sweet" line!

Old 09-28-2008, 09:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

The episode was going great right up until the end...Sam rolling around in Dawn's sheets had me thinking WTF?? (In hindsight, I guess he went there to sniff out some clues, but got lost in the pheromones due to his enhanced sense of smell?)

Dawn hated Sam in the books. So, I don't know if I like the direction Mr. Ball is taking this character. Sam staring at a picture of him and Dawn behind the bar...just didn't ring true to me. TPTB are making Sam look like a stalkerish freak. For the life of me I can't understand why? In the books, Sam was just your "average joe" type guy - doing all that he could to protect the woman he loves.

I realize that not everything would be the same as the books, but I assumed Alan Ball was going to leave the main characters alone. I was fine with him changing scenarios / events from the books. However, with each passing episode I'm finding it harder to keep an open mind about TVSam.

I fear for the Sookie/Sam relationship. He's supposed to be one of (if not Sookie's only) best friend. What I consider a significant turning point for them was cut from the episode. At Dawn's house, Sookie was supposed to read Sam's mind...and be completely shocked to discover that Sam is not entirely human. (Because she couldn't get a clear reading on his thoughts, and because he could kick her out of his head at will.) Which lead to them holding hands...and well, bonding.

There still was a nice Sookie/Sam moment, when he consulted her about whether he should open the bar and then kissing Sookie on her head as he left. But, it just didn't have the same dramatic effect as what Charlaine had written in Dead Until Dark.

Ok. Let's move on from ranting to...raving. How awesome was Alexander Skarsgard as Eric?!! I every second he was on screen. In the books Eric enjoyed flaunting his importance and power, so seeing him in a darkened alcove sitting in what can only be considered a throne was PERFECT. It gave off the impression of a King giving audience to his subjects at court.

Sookie couldn't help but notice Eric. He kicked a male fangbanger across the room. That would be pretty hard to miss...and of course Bill was jealous. The lighting over Eric's throne was great. It made him look mysterious, sexy and scary all at the same time. Eric turned on his charm with Sookie. After yelling at her that they're not finished -- he's gives her a charming smile and invites her to sit down.

Eric: "Are you attached to your friend?"
Bill: "She's mine."
Sookie: "Yes..I.am.his."
Eric: "That's a pity..for me." licks his lips and continues to stare at Sookie.

I want to see more of him next week. (But, I'm not holding my breath.)
Old 09-28-2008, 10:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Eric: "Are you attached to your friend?"
Bill: "She's mine."
Sookie: "Yes..I.am.his."
Eric: "That's a pity..for me." licks his lips and continues to stare at Sookie.
I want to see more of him next week. (But, I'm not holding my breath.)
I love when he said that!!! So very Eric like! I totally loved when Bill was all jealous over Sookie noticing Eric, he sounded like a little kid..."Everyone notices him" DUH! I mean he was sitting a throne like chair with a spotlight on him!

I also love what Eric and Pam said to each other in Sweedish!

Old 09-28-2008, 10:41 PM
Loyal Fan

I haven't read the books so I have nothing to compare the show to. So far, I haven't been disappointed. I love all the cliffhanger-type endings. The scene with Sam rolling around in Dawn's sheets was definitely a WTF moment.

Quote:
At Dawn's house, Sookie was supposed to read Sam's mind...and be completely shocked to discover that Sam is not entirely human.
Maybe Alan Ball isn't going to go completely the way the book was written, but I think maybe we'll find something out about Sam later on in the series. After Tara and Sam slept together, didn't she tell Lafayette that he barks in his sleep? Plus, there was that dog that kept coming around in the first couple of episodes whenever Sookie was in trouble. That could have been a real dog (when he came up to Sam on his porch) but also the shape Sam "took" to watch over Sookie....

On another note....I thought the actress playing Dawn (Lynn Collins) was killed off too soon considering she's in the opening credits. But obviously she'll still be around cuz her name was in this episode's opening credits, too. Maybe she's not dead? Is she going to become a vampire?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushkah (View Post)
I totally loved when Bill was all jealous over Sookie noticing Eric, he sounded like a little kid..."Everyone notices him".
I loved that part, too. Especially since Sookie insisted that it wasn't a date. Well if it wasn't a date, then why'd she get all gussied up?

Quote:
I also love what Eric and Pam said to each other in Sweedish!
Was that Swedish? Oh. I didn't recognize it; I thought it was some ancient made-up Vampire language or something. Or dead, like Latin and Aramaic.

So did you understand it? What did they say?
Brad Jen

Last edited by SMUSH; 09-28-2008 at 10:58 PM
Old 09-28-2008, 11:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMUSH (View Post)
On another note....I thought the actress playing Dawn (Lynn Collins) was killed off too soon considering she's in the opening credits. But obviously she'll still be around cuz her name was in this episode's opening credits, too. Maybe she's not dead? Is she going to become a vampire?
Nope. She's dead.

Did you watch the promo for next week's episode?
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMUSH
Was that Swedish? Oh. I didn't recognize it; I thought it was some ancient made-up Vampire language or something. Or dead, like Latin and Aramaic.

So did you understand it? What did they say?
Yes. Does anyone here understand Swedish? I'm dying to know what Eric said to Pam. (My gut tells me it was something about Sookie.)
Old 09-28-2008, 11:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&Bfan4life (View Post)
Did you watch the promo for next week's episode?
I saw the preview right after the episode ended but I didn't notice anything about her. Just the sheriff asking Bill questions, a bunch of dead bodies and Sookie & Sam making out by a car. I also heard Sookie say, "... but I don't wanna be his girlfriend." Don't know if she means Bill or Sam, though.

However, I did read a synopsis of the book series on Wikipedia and it mentioned that she becomes the victim of a serial killer.
Brad Jen