Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-12-2012, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiewankiexxx (View Post)
the whole point of true blood is based on the novels os Sookie stackhouse this thread is really pointless
Hi and welcome the and the True Blood board!

Please see the moderator rules in the first post of this thread. This thread allows people to vent their frustrations for the Sookie character.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:12 AM
Passionate Fan

Well what I find bad maybe I haven't read the books to put all judgement on Sookie Stackhouse's character in question but how she is shown in the series what I have beef about. I sure in the books she is maybe 180 degree difference on how is shown in the series. Truly if that is that case why drop the crappy Buffy wanna bee of Sookie Stackhouse in the series just be Stackhouse of the books. All I see of Sookie is her trying to be another Buffy want bee. You got the two vampires fighting for her. Then you got her not being with her friends and family echoing Buffy season 6. Then you got her power thing, thankfully Buffy at least matured with her powers, Sookie in the series at any rate can't get them under control. My advice series write Sookie better or cancel the show.

Old 01-17-2012, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

The books are all about Sookie, but the show is about more than her. The show is NOT the books. If the show was all about Sookie I wouldn't be watching it. Sookie is a weight that drags the show down, so there's plenty of point to this thread.

I've read the first three books and Sookie is pretty annoying in them. She's a total Mary Sue and she's always telling the reader how great she is.

Never Harm You: Thanks for defending the thread. And btw, Heath Ledger was cool.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

You can call me Jenn

I have had my problems with Sookie in both books and show. And I totally understand the need to have a place to vent some frustrations.

And I agree, Heath was cool and amazing. And very missed.
Old 01-18-2012, 03:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

He was a very talented actor and he had a relatable onscreen presence. His death was a real loss.

I appreciate your understanding of the thread.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:14 PM
Passionate Fan

Truly loved him as the Joker and Patrick in 10 things I hate about you.

Wow, with regards to Sookie however; with this new info I truly hate her then. That's why I regard Buffy with the highest honor. She sure she thought she was perfect Mary Sue but with a lot problems facing her end of the world and her problems with her own darkness namely Season 6 that Mary Sue image fell off and she became relatable. So love live Buffy and go to Hell with the mary sue Sookie.

Old 01-23-2012, 03:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sookie is incredibly Mary Sue. And the fairy thing is the last straw. Charlaine Harris shouldn't have brought fairies into it. It makes Sookie all the more precious.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sucky Stackhouse sucks more than a thirsty vampire.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:30 PM
Passionate Fan

Tell me about it Its that high mighty attitude she has that really makes me mad as hell, when characters like Tara or Jason try to tell her that maybe Bill is the one that she should be angry at, she acts like no its not Bill fault or something, Hello Sookie, it is Bill fault because he has not once done any atonement of any kind for you. Eric as in his own way done some atonement, heck he saved your house, could high bitch be maybe more appreciated to him.

Old 02-21-2012, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't want to get into a debate about Bill here, but he's gone out on a limb for Sookie a whole bunch of times. He even took on the queen to protect her secret. Bill's love for Sookie is one of the few constants in the show. Both Bill and Eric are much more interesting characters than Sookie.

Last edited by sum1; 02-21-2012 at 08:09 PM
Old 03-21-2012, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

::flushes Sookie down the toilet::
Old 03-21-2012, 04:42 PM
Passionate Fan

If Bill or Eric would leave that town maybe then they can get on with they undead lives. It worked for Angel and Spike.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, they deserve to be with somebody better. I liked Bill/Lorena. Wonderfully dark and passionate. But Sucky killed her.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:38 PM
Passionate Fan

Tell me about Bill and Lorena were so better together. Bill was better evil in the flashback show. Then when he's with Suckie everything goes to hell in very bad way.

Old 04-05-2012, 03:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't mind him with Sookie. I just increasingly disliked her. After season 3 I just totally ran out of patience with her. I wish she didn't come across so dumb and like so much of a caricature rather than a real person. Luckily in the show, unlike in the books, everything isn't about her and there are other stories going on, or else I wouldn't still be watching. It's a terrible pity that such a good show has such an annoying, badly-judged central character. I wonder if Paquin's caricature performance has anything to do with how Southerners are often stereotyped as dumb and primitive? I don't agree with some of the political views that are popular in some parts of the South, but that doesn't mean they're dumb. Paquin's performance seems to be too much of a stereotype of a Southerner, in a number of ways. The writing adds to that too.