Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-13-2009, 08:57 AM
Banned

I generally dislike the obvious pairings your supposed to root for from the pilot as well. It completely takes away from the suspense, angst and build up.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:57 AM
Master Fan

Thanks Ada

Actually I didn't see last night's episode,Had dinner with my family, Any ES?
Old 07-13-2009, 08:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv-fan189 (View Post)
I generally dislike the obvious pairings your supposed to root for from the pilot as well. It completely takes away from the suspense, angst and build up.
And not only that, it's not about being obvious, but a little angst, a little hate, a few complications make the ride soooo much more interesting.

NateBlairlover, not really, except Eric offered his blood to Lafayette because he matters to Sookie.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:00 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Exactly. Just look at what happened with Leonard/Penny in TBBT. It's actually already starting to happen with B/S. When you force the audience to like one couple it becomes repetitive and they begin to look for something else to ship.
Exaaactly. I wanted to use the Leonard/Penny/Sheldon metaphor, but I didn't think anyone would understand.

If you force the couple on the audience, and force things that aren't really there, it turns the fans off. And they're going to want to find someone else to replace that. And if you still don't give the fans what they want for your own selfish needs...you're going to lose a lot of fans.

Join the John Mayer campaign!
Old 07-13-2009, 09:00 AM
Master Fan

I'm Chelsea

AW so Sweet!
Old 07-13-2009, 09:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
And not only that, it's not about being obvious, but a little angst, a little hate, a few complications make the ride soooo much more interesting
Exactly. How is it interesting when automatically the two characters like each other? It doesnt have any tension to that. You cant get any sexual tension with those types of pairings and thats jut not interesting to watch, haha
Old 07-13-2009, 09:05 AM
Master Fan

Nice to meet you Chelsea! I'm Nicole

And I agree, Ada. But I guess that's no surprise
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by **SuperGirl** (View Post)
Exaaactly. I wanted to use the Leonard/Penny/Sheldon metaphor, but I didn't think anyone would understand.

If you force the couple on the audience, and force things that aren't really there, it turns the fans off. And they're going to want to find someone else to replace that. And if you still don't give the fans what they want for your own selfish needs...you're going to lose a lot of fans.
Hehe! That's the one that works the best because almost no one likes L/P, its shocking how badly that OTP failed hard on the writers

And honestly there is nothing wrong with the audience seeing a hint of what the writers might want you to root for, but there isn't any need to ram them down your throat. For instance on Greek what makes Cappie/Casey so sucessful to the audience despiste them being the OTP is that thet weren't fed to us as star-crossed lovers. They were just two people who had a sexual past together but later on as the series progressed we saw how meant to be they were. Bill/Sookie just plunged right into their relationship just because Sookie wasn't able to hear Bill's thought since he is a vampire. Well hell she can't hear Eric's either, so what makes her bond with Bill anymore signficant?
Master Fan

Quote:
Exactly. How is it interesting when automatically the two characters like each other? It doesnt have any tension to that. You cant get any sexual tension with those types of pairings and thats jut not interesting to watch, haha
This is so true

Nice to meet you too Nicole
Old 07-13-2009, 09:10 AM
Master Fan

I hate relationships that are immediate because you never get to see them grow. You don't see them looking at each other with worry&suspition, and then finally seeing they might be somewhat good, and then being intrigued by what makes the other one tick and then realizing you might have actual feelings, etc.
For this to happen you can't have shy smiles and a bit of a nudge nudge wink wink for the audience because they take them for granted. And it's boring.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:15 AM
Banned

Yey Chels, awesome to seee you hear. We need more people!

Quote:
For this to happen you can't have shy smiles and a bit of a nudge nudge wink wink for the audience because they take them for granted. And it's boring.
Right? How boring and uninteresting when two people exhange shy smiles (which we are supposed to assume is some sort of transcendent connection) and then all of a sudden their instantly in love. It's boring and lame and I never understand WHY writers never realize that. I honestly think B/S got popular because Alan didn't do E/S so there wasnt anything else for the audience to ship. Had he done E/S with the love=hate, yet sexual attraction early season 1, I feel most people would ship E/S. Oh well, better late than never! Already there is an upward trend for E/S and they hardly got scenes
Old 07-13-2009, 09:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yey Chels, awesome to seee you hear. We need more people!

Right? How boring and uninteresting when two people exhange shy smiles (which we are supposed to assume is some sort of transcendent connection) and then all of a sudden their instantly in love. It's boring and lame and I never understand WHY writers never realize that. I honestly think B/S got popular because Alan didn't do E/S so there wasnt anything else for the audience to ship. Had he done E/S with the love=hate, yet sexual attraction early season 1, I feel most people would ship E/S. Oh well, better late than never! Already there is an upward trend for E/S and they hardly got scenes
Absolutely. I used to like BS because I wanted her with a vampire and not Sam.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:24 AM
Banned

^^Sam is pretty boring, and I bet Alan was banking on that, and it really worked. But Eric is too intriquing and male for the audience not to ship it, and that is what happened when he got more airtime this season
Old 07-13-2009, 09:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
^^Sam is pretty boring, and I bet Alan was banking on that, and it really worked. But Eric is too intriquing and male for the audience not to ship it, and that is what happened when he got more airtime this season
Yes, that's what happened with me. I knew there were ES shippers, but I thought it was AU. There were no indications whatsoever in the show IMO, and that's a mistake on their part.
Cause they'll get to ES. Now they'll just have to spend more time with them.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:27 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I like the growth. It's much more realistic than this "love at first sight" crap. Just because she couldn't read his mind and he's all of a sudden her fist love. Those are the hardest to get over, and I can't wait for Sookie to finally start separating herself from Bill. The quote rings true, Eric really does have to "grow" on Sookie. Relationship development is important, and I'm secretly a sucker for love/hate relationships. All this lovey/dovey stuff is kind of gross and a turn off.

Join the John Mayer campaign!