Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-05-2009, 02:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanna_o75 (View Post)
I think the handkiss was, though It wasn't like the buttgrab
Aww shame that would have been so great if that was put in by her. But it's still so sweet. Such a small gesture but it says so much.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

At least there was a handkiss at all
Old 07-05-2009, 03:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
At least there was a handkiss at all
Yeah
Old 07-05-2009, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ugh, I get so tired of people saying the show HAS to follow the books, the show HAS to get to the Eric/Sookie stuff. No, doesn't! I'm reading the comments after the Raelle Tucker interview where she says that just because there's Eric/Sookie in the books, doesn't mean it has to be like that in the show, and let me tell you, people in the comments went crazy!

I comment that I really like is

Quote:
the point is alan named the show true blood, not the sookie stackhouse vampire mysteries, for a reason. the book fans are an important faction of true blood viewership, but despite what many want to believe, they are not the majority of fans. the rest of the viewers are just watching and enjoying and wether they read the books. it is silly to put pre-conceived notions about characters and relationships from the books onto the development of show storylines, especially when it has already been said not to expect that verbatim. i say this is setting yourself up for disappointment. regardles of what team you are on, none of the characters and their motivations are presented exactly like the books. bill, sookie, and eric in true blood cannot be expected to have the same exact plotpoints. you might as well stick to the books then, rather than get aggravated.
This is so true
Old 07-05-2009, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Double post
Old 07-05-2009, 03:41 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
the point is alan named the show true blood, not the sookie stackhouse vampire mysteries, for a reason. the book fans are an important faction of true blood viewership, but despite what many want to believe, they are not the majority of fans. the rest of the viewers are just watching and enjoying and wether they read the books. it is silly to put pre-conceived notions about characters and relationships from the books onto the development of show storylines, especially when it has already been said not to expect that verbatim. i say this is setting yourself up for disappointment. regardles of what team you are on, none of the characters and their motivations are presented exactly like the books. bill, sookie, and eric in true blood cannot be expected to have the same exact plotpoints. you might as well stick to the books then, rather than get aggravated.
Truer words have never been spoken. Book fans (myself included) need to learn to go with the flow. And not have expectations of what we think will happen.
Old 07-05-2009, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, exactly, go with the flow, man!
Old 07-05-2009, 03:46 PM
Elite Fan

I hate when that happens!
That's the truth spilled in written words! Well said!

From what I see, Alan is adapting some stuff ONLY from the books. Not everything. I don't even see chemistry between Anna and Alex. The last episode.. I couldn't see it. Maybe I'm too blinded by the Bill & Sookie romance but I really can't see it
Old 07-05-2009, 03:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaRaBonesPortugal (View Post)
I hate when that happens!
That's the truth spilled in written words! Well said!

From what I see, Alan is adapting some stuff ONLY from the books. Not everything. I don't even see chemistry between Anna and Alex. The last episode.. I couldn't see it. Maybe I'm too blinded by the Bill & Sookie romance but I really can't see it
I saw an antagonistic kind of chemistry but then that's just good acting. They don't have the flawless romantic chemistry like Bill and Sookie.
Old 07-05-2009, 03:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I do think that scene was well acted. I'm not that kind of person who says that a scene with the coule I hate is badly acted. I mean, Anna Paquin was the scene and I think she's always good. And while I don't think Alexander is one opf the best actors in the world, he's still a good actor

I stand by what I have been saying all along that Bill/Sookie is tbmance of the show and while she may or may not get with other people, including Eric, I think in the end, it will always go back to Bill/Sookie, no matter what happens
Old 07-05-2009, 03:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I stand by what I have been saying all along that Bill/Sookie is tbmance of the show and while she may or may not get with other people, including Eric, I think in the end, it will always go back to Bill/Sookie, no matter what happens
Always They're the 'hit' of the whole show.. And if they make the show by the books then I'm sure it'll drawn. Though Alan hasn't showed that so..

You go Bill and Sookie
Old 07-05-2009, 03:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I do think that scene was well acted. I'm not that kind of person who says that a scene with the coule I hate is badly acted. I mean, Anna Paquin was the scene and I think she's always good. And while I don't think Alexander is one opf the best actors in the world, he's still a good actor

It defintley seems like the way they are setting up the show. They are making B/S the heart and core of the show for a reason. But I'm also prepared for if that ever changes which it might. It doesn't seem like it now but it's possible.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Everything is possible, but...I just don't think it will Alan has a certian way he creates things. He knows what he wants and he usually don't flip-flop "I'm gonna do this. Oh no, I want to do this now" I don't get that vibe when I read and watch his interviews
Old 07-05-2009, 04:11 PM
Elite Fan

Yesterday I saw the Q&A from fans to Alan and the way he answered.. he had the whole show written in is tongue.. LOL He knows what we wants to do and how to do..
Old 07-05-2009, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ooh, where did you see that??

I don't think these can be posted enough

Last edited by sanna_o75; 07-05-2009 at 04:26 PM