Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2015, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked how much compassion Olivia had for Peter in that episode.

One of the rare occasions we get to see Peter where he's not all covered up.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 06-14-2015, 02:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yes, it was pretty great. Wonderful acting.
Old 06-14-2015, 01:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Walter: "Take me to your centrifuge." As serious as this episode is, this line makes me laugh every time.

Walter's discussion of the personalities of viruses is fascinating, if a bit "out there". While I concur that the rabies virus gives its hosts a fear of water, that's a survival mechanism that developed over hundreds or thousands of years. Like any evolution, the ability of a virus to adapt to the environment takes time. So I find it implausible that the virus would "sense" that it was being contained in a locked building and therefore cause its host to jump out of a window. But I suppose Fringe science has to speed things up a bit to fit into a 42 minute show.

Like so many episodes this season, the emotions of the key characters really come to the forefront. Walter's concern for Peter and his desperation to find a way to save him; Peter's concern for Olivia and Olivia's own response to Peter becoming infected; and those few moments when Walter is doing the test for Peter - not just his shaking hands, but his almost tearful "You're Ok."

And then, of course, we get the huge clue: "I can't let Peter die again."

~Heidi
Old 06-15-2015, 01:21 PM
Elite Fan

I saw in the paper a few months ago about a virus from thousands of years ago which had been discovered recently. They said it was harmless now but it happened after this episode had been aired so it shows that some of the science is not total fiction and fiction can sometimes become fact.