Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2010, 04:59 PM
Elite Fan

"What Lies Below " Episode 2x12 - Episode Discussion - REWATCH

"What Lies Below " - Episode 2x12

PETER AND OLIVIA BECOME SUSCEPTIBLE TO A LIFE-THREATENING VIRUS ON AN ALL-NEW “FRINGE” THURSDAY, JANUARY 21, ON FOX

When a man enters an office in Boston for a meeting, he becomes disoriented and collapses, only to have his veins erupt and spray blood everywhere. Shortly after Olivia and Peter arrive at the scene to investigate the bizarre case, it’s discovered that a lethal virus – with deep ties to something very valuable – is spreading, so the CDC moves in to quarantine the building and eradicate the pathogens. Isolated inside with the rest of the exposed office employees, Peter and Olivia face life-threatening circumstances, sending Walter, Broyles and Astrid on a frantic search for a solution to save them in the all-new “What Lies Below” episode of FRINGE airing Thursday, Jan. 21 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (FR-212) (TV-14 L, V)

2x12 - Promotional Photos - Fringe TV

Last edited by kbcountry37; 03-26-2014 at 07:00 AM
Old 01-20-2010, 09:44 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for starting this, Sibel! I can't waittttt for the episode! This one looks intense!
Old 01-21-2010, 08:08 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for starting the thread.

I'm soooo excited for this episode. It looks like it's going to be a really good one.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:32 PM
Elite Fan

You're both welcome!

I'm really excited too! This ep looks amaaaaazing!
Old 01-21-2010, 09:36 PM
Elite Fan

THIS EPISODE WAS AMAZING. Like, I was intrigued for every second of it. SUCH A GREAT P/O episode too! There was so much goodness, IDEK where to start ahh! Well I LOVE seeing Astrid out of the lab more and involved more in the cases. It's great. Jasika is awesome and I LOVE Astrid. I loved seeing Walter teach the kids in the beginning too, he was so into it! I LOVED Astrid staying in there, even though there was a chance she might die, and then helping Walter to not give up too! DUDE YOU GO!

So now onto P/O HOLY SHYT. First off, their looks COULD KILL. I loved that Peter kept wanting her to call Rachel and his quote about having the people you care about be the ones you talk to when yours scared AWW! P/S that scene was SOOO on a bench. And then when Peter fell down onto the blood, her "Peter" was EPIC. She was SO WORRIED. And then, maybe my fav part of the whole episode. It was so subtle, BUT SO BEAUTIFUL. When Walter said Peter was ok (after he swiftly switched the q-tip) OLIVIA WIPED HER EYE. LIKE as if she was wiping a lone tear. OMFG. EPIC. These two, I swear. And then when Peter and her were fighting in the parking lot and her took her gun I was like HOLY SHYT. The end was SO AWESOME too. "You weren't yourself." "It's' lucky for me that you were." AHHH <3

GREAT episode for Josh. It really showcased his amazing acting skills. YAYAYYYY I loved this episode. Can't wait for next week!
Old 01-22-2010, 10:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This one of those different episodes again at the end how Aster asked walter why he said " I don't want peter to die again . He in the most serious manner answers "some things are better left alone . i wonder if Aster will ask Peter or Olivia about it ?

Walter shows how smart he is ,taking history in a simple conversation with aster to figure out why the plague 1000's of years ago died out. al it was a bottle of horseradish ( Gee i am glad i have a bottle in my Fridge in case i get some strange virus )

Dam the cameos the head of CDC was the president on 24 and many episodes of NCIS . The black actor helping walter was a regular on The Unit !!!~

Loved the idea a host virus could make these people insane enough to want to get out to 'breathe' For a moment i thought Olivia was going to have to shoot Peter to stop him .not kill but wound him to stop him so she could get to engineering room .

Season is only getting better ,but still even though each episode in a different case ,it always comes back to past events that effected Olivia or Walter or even peter .

Fox had better pick this up ....
Old 01-22-2010, 03:49 PM
Banned

THis episode was a disappointment. I was expecting a mind blowing performance from Joshua jackson and a peter-centric episode but that was a disappointment.
They didn't even focus on him that much and I really wanted a "Angel "A hole in the World" type performance from Josh but no.

And I really wish people would give Josh props already. It seems like Josh is always ignored.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshandChristinaCursed (View Post)
I really wanted a "Angel "A hole in the World" type performance from Josh but no.
Funny you post that, about Angel, part one of that Whole in the World episode was on today
Old 01-22-2010, 05:04 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshandChristinaCursed (View Post)
THis episode was a disappointment. I was expecting a mind blowing performance from Joshua jackson and a peter-centric episode but that was a disappointment.
They didn't even focus on him that much...
I loved the channelling of Pacey wearing the gray wifebeater!! *heavy, heavy sigh*

I think I've caught my breath now.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:17 PM
Banned

While I enjoyed the Peter/Olivia and Walter/astrid moments, I was expecting more emotional turmoil and I was expecting Peter to be more weak.

But alas, can't complain over spilt milk.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:31 PM
Elite Fan

I thought Josh's performance was GREAT last episode. It really did showcase his acting skills brilliantly. Also, Next episode is titled "The Bishop Revival" so maybe that will lean towards the Bishop centric side.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:28 PM
Master Fan

I found this to be a very interesting and jumping off episode to dig further into the Peter is dead storyline.

It's just getting better and better! I'm so nervous for these final episodes before April! *bites nails*

I can't believe how much faith Astrid has in Walter. They've really bonded and have a true kinship.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Josh's performance was perfection I think

I loved this episode
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 01-23-2010, 03:58 AM
Obsessed Fan

I liked it. It was a great episode. Great to see P/O getting closer. Josh was excellent as always. I liked the ending with Astrid questioning Walter, very clever of the writers to slowly get each of the team involved emotionally as when the revelation comes out it will be so much more intense if it's not just Peter and Walter being thrown apart, but rather the whole team. Another great moment was Broyles referring to his team as "family" and I love how the team truly does now feel like a family, and I think this episode demonstrated that beautifully.
Old 01-23-2010, 02:32 PM
Obsessed Fan

Adored this episode. I always love angsty/worried Walter, John Noble is perfection.

I loved all the Walter/Astrid stuff. Go Astrid! Her insisting Walter would find a cure so they were staying, I love their dynamic and the fact she has so much belief in him.

Josh was epic. Loved the fight scene too - and when he was first trying to get out of the building. He needs more recognition.