Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-16-2014, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Walter's Lab - General Discussion Thread #1

Walter's Lab - General Discussion Thread #1

After a couple of discussions wound up in the OT thread for lack of a better place, I decided to start a new thread for General Discussion.

This is the place to discuss anything related to Fringe that doesn't fit on any other thread. That includes:
∙ Plot themes that cross over multiple episodes
∙ Discussions of character and cast interactions that go beyond the 'ship or individual character threads
∙ Cast appearances involving more than one cast member (ComicCon, etc)

~Heidi
Old 11-18-2014, 04:40 PM
Elite Fan

Well I enjoyed watching The Pilot again and tried to make some new observations. I spotted the Observer and the clue to the next episode. We will have to look out for those sorts of things while we are rewatching the episodes and also the hidden or not so hidden glyphs. This weeks glyph was on the door to the room John Scott was put in Massive Dynamic the leaf with the isosceles triangle inside.

Peter looked gorgeous as usual John looked younger than in later episodes and Astrid and Olivia both looked a lot younger. It was great to see Olivia smiling and happy at the beginning with John - but I still didn't get any feels around John Scott. It was like he just turned up and read his lines with no real feeling. The rest of the acting was so good everyone seemed to fall into their parts and for a Pilot that is really something.
Old 12-09-2014, 03:32 PM
Elite Fan

I have decided to post this pic here, as it is some of the characters together.

Old 12-09-2014, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

<snort> I almost spewed soda all over my keyboard!!

Peter is certainly fetching with pigtails!

~Heidi
Old 12-10-2014, 06:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I never noticed this Thread before. Good Idea.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 12-28-2014, 09:36 AM
Elite Fan

I love the plastic container to collect the blood. I wonder whose job it is to get rid of that. Astrid?
Old 12-28-2014, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
I love the plastic container to collect the blood. I wonder whose job it is to get rid of that. Astrid?
I would think for that even the Fringe Division would have to get some sort of hazmat disposal group. Either that, or perhaps the blood is saved with the rest of the body - so it winds up in the basement where Walter can go visit it 20 years in the future.

~Heidi
Old 12-28-2014, 03:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I would think for that even the Fringe Division would have to get some sort of hazmat disposal group. Either that, or perhaps the blood is saved with the rest of the body - so it winds up in the basement where Walter can go visit it 20 years in the future.
Well in the OS episode Astrid had to get rid of it - but it didn't show where she took it. The thought of walking around Harvard throwing old blood down external drains - I don't know if that would be allowed or not.
Old 01-02-2015, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
Well in the OS episode Astrid had to get rid of it - but it didn't show where she took it. The thought of walking around Harvard throwing old blood down external drains - I don't know if that would be allowed or not.
I can just see Astrid walking across campus and pouring it down the sewer drain on the stree corner!

~Heidi
Old 01-04-2015, 05:08 PM
Elite Fan

Perhaps she takes it to Mrs. Ericson in the Biology lab - lucky woman.
Old 01-04-2015, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey, it's Fringe. Harvard could have a resident vampire. Or at the very least, a student with a wierd disease and psychosis that makes him think he's a vampire, so he wanders the labs at night and steals all the blood.

~Heidi
Old 01-05-2015, 11:24 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Hey, it's Fringe. Harvard could have a resident vampire. Or at the very least, a student with a wierd disease and psychosis that makes him think he's a vampire, so he wanders the labs at night and steals all the blood.
Mmm lovely - if he drank the osmium blood.
Old 01-18-2015, 08:28 AM
Elite Fan

I wasn't sure where to put this which I came across yesterday, so here it is. I thought it was very clever and well thought out.

Old 01-18-2015, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Took me a minute to figure that out, but I'm not a fan of OUAT.

But I do get the crossover. Very cute.

Reminds me of when John DeLancie (Q from Star Trek, among other roles), was playing a character on a soap opera - Days of Our Lives - and one day he just disappeared with no explanation. He played a pretty flaky character with a pretty flaky girlfriend and one day someone asked his girlfriend if she'd heard from him and she said "Oh yes, he called the other day. Said he was an all-powerful being in another dimension now."

~Heidi
Old 01-18-2015, 10:02 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Took me a minute to figure that out, but I'm not a fan of OUAT.

But I do get the crossover. Very cute.

Reminds me of when John DeLancie (Q from Star Trek, among other roles), was playing a character on a soap opera - Days of Our Lives - and one day he just disappeared with no explanation. He played a pretty flaky character with a pretty flaky girlfriend and one day someone asked his girlfriend if she'd heard from him and she said "Oh yes, he called the other day. Said he was an all-powerful being in another dimension now."
I don't watch OUAT either but have considered giving it a try just because of Georgina.