Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2009, 07:57 AM
Elite Fan

"Unleashed" (1.16) Episode Discussion - REWATCH

Episode 1.16: "Unleashed"

AGENT FRANCIS FACES-OFF WITH A GNARLY PIECE OF "FRINGE" SCIENCE TUESDAY, APRIL 14, ON FOX

As animal rights activists ransack a laboratory, they get more than they bargained for when one of the caged "animals" unleashes a ferocious appetite. Leaving grotesquely mutilated dead bodies in its wake, the scientific engineered beast with the body of a lion, claws of an eagle, fangs of a viper, skin of a rhinoceros and tail of a serpent attacks Charlie. With Charlie's life on the line, Walter must come face-to-face with both his past and the beast in the all-new "Unleashed" episode of FRINGE airing Tuesday, April 14 (9:01-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

Last edited by kbcountry37; 01-20-2014 at 08:23 AM
Old 04-14-2009, 08:01 AM
Elite Fan

WHOOPS! Sorry I got this up so late everyone! I'm so excited for tonight's episdoe! I hope Charlie will be OK <3
Old 04-14-2009, 07:14 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Fringe was AMAZING tonight!

I was really excited to see Charlie being worked in to the plot. I seriously love him and am glad he was finally focused on him. Him and his wife are so cute (although of course he has a soft spot for Olivia). I was seriously gonna cut a bitch if something happened to him.

Walter seemed almost human in this ep and totally badass. Loved how he killed the creature at the end. I also loved how him and Peter were bickering the whole episode. When he drank the poison, you could tell Peter wanted to tell him he loved him. I'm sure that will come one day.

At the beginning of the episode when Peter called to talk to Rachel, I said the same thing my sister did: EW. Only good thing to come out of this is that Olivia is super jealous and Peter knows it. HEHEHEHE!

OMG that Dr. Swift guy...the actor can't cry. It was the fakest crying I've seen this side of Tree Hill.

Finally, I thought they actually did pretty well with the special effects for the creature and its offspring. It was truly gross! I don't know anyone who would want to make an animal hybrid. That is just asking for trouble. You shouldn't mess with nature like that.

Next week: Peter/Olivia hug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAY!
Old 04-14-2009, 07:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Pretty much everything Supernova said

This is gonna be one long wait till next Tuesday!
Old 04-14-2009, 07:18 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

It's Susan. And I know! Next week looks awesome for PO!!!
Old 04-14-2009, 07:22 PM
Elite Fan

I really loved tonight's episode too! I loved that is focused on Charlie and we found out a little more about him, like he was married. Cool fact! It was great to see him front and center too, since he's usually in the background.

The Peter/Walter dynamic was GREAT as usual.
Quote:
When he drank the poison, you could tell Peter wanted to tell him he loved him. I'm sure that will come one day.
YES! I thought he was going to say it but instead he said "Don't do it, I don't want you too." Which is nearly the same thing. But yeah, I'm sure an I love you will come one day.

Haha and yes, Olivia was CLEARLY jealous that Peter called Rachel. She was even taken back a little. And even the next day she wanted to know the reason he called Rachel. But I loved when Peter was like "Don't say I never take you anywhere." BAHAHA cuties <3 I loved the trio stuff too. How they all went into the sewer together with their supplies. It was too funny when Peter was like "Nothing to see here, just routine maintenance."

BUT OMG PROMO! P/O hug! Cannot wait!

Quote:
It was the fakest crying I've seen this side of Tree Hill.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:39 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

^ Well, it's true! When he started crying...I started laughing.

Quote:
I really loved tonight's episode too! I loved that is focused on Charlie and we found out a little more about him, like he was married. Cool fact! It was great to see him front and center too, since he's usually in the background.
See, I already knew he was married because I read some interview with the actor and he talked about how he was finally getting a wife on the show.

I still think Charlie had a thing for Olivia.

Quote:
YES! I thought he was going to say it but instead he said "Don't do it, I don't want you too." Which is nearly the same thing. But yeah, I'm sure an I love you will come one day.
It definitely will. I feel like they've been building to that. Walter may be a mad scientist and a pain in his ass, but I know Peter loves him and vice versa.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I still think Charlie had a thing for Olivia.
I feel like he does too. Like when he was telling her to be careful and not get hurt because of him. Or if he doesn't have a thing for her, then he's definitely extremely protective of her. Probably because of what happened with John.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
It was the fakest crying I've seen this side of Tree Hill.
so true!! i busted out laughing
Old 04-14-2009, 08:03 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

^ HEHEHEHE

I think it might be a combination for Charlie- like he wants to protect her cause he has feelings for her.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

Awesome episode! Cant wait for next weeks!!
Old 04-14-2009, 08:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

I think the wife thing kinda came out of left field. But, eh, it's okay.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:13 PM
Master Fan

I really enjoyed this episode.

Loved all the all Peter/Walter bickering and all the Peter scenes. For a moment I thought that Peter was going to call Walter, dad or father, something lol. I know it's a long way off but I was kind of hoping.

It seems that Walter is finally realizing what kind of problems his past projects have caused and realizes his mistakes, or at least this mistake.

I'm actually surprised that Peter is talking to Olivia's sister, didn't they have like one scene, like...six episodes ago, seemed kind of random

I'm glad that Charlie had a bigger part in this episode. I was freaking out the whole time about Charlie, praying nothing happens to him.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:20 AM
Passionate Fan

I was cool that Kirk Acevedo's wife Kirsten Warren played Charlie's wife on the show!
Old 04-15-2009, 06:22 AM
Dedicated Fan

^^I thought Peter was going to call him dad or something as well. Bit too early for that yet though I suppose And Peter seemed rather on the moody side. Wouldn't a night call to Rachel have at least cheered him up or something lol!

And there was this odd little scene with Peter in "Inner Child" where you can see him texting someone while they're in the lab and he kind of smile and then quickly hides it. Makes me wonder if he were talking to Rachel there. Which also leads me to wonder, if it was Rachel he was texting, why didn't he just call her on her cell phone since you can't get texts on landlines?

Okay, no more reading into background stuff.