Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-02-2009, 10:21 PM
Elite Fan

"The Transformation" (1.13) Episode Discussion

Episode 1.13: "The Transformation"

A MYSTERIOUS VIRUS EMERGES AND AGENTS ARE FORCED TO GO UNDERCOVER ON “FRINGE” ON TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 3, ON FOX

When the Fringe Division delves into another bizarre occurrence aboard an international jumbo jet, freakish remains are discovered at the crash site. Memories tip the team toward some promising leads, but the bigger picture and mysterious threat eludes them. With limited options and insufficient intelligence, Olivia and Peter go undercover in the all-new “The Transformation” episode of FRINGE airing Tuesday, Feb. 3 (9:01-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

Old 02-03-2009, 04:08 PM
Ultimate Fan

Yay! Thanks, Shan. I'm way excited to see this one!
Old 02-03-2009, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey

So I had really no idea what Fringe was about, but I saw the preview for this episode during AI, and I gave it a shot. Now I have a vague idea of what it's about

I really liked the episode, do they usually have the same format? I loved Olivia, and she's basically the reason why I'm thinking of catching up with the show. It's hard to see strong, captivating leading ladies on TV shows these days, and she definitely stood out to me. I kinda loved Charlie/Olivia, I don't know if there's something 'shippy' there but I thought it was cute how protective he was of her. And the chemistry between Pete and Olivia is undeniable, and my heart skipped a little beat when Pete hugged her after she came out of the tank, so I can only imagine what the shippers must have felt, lol.

Overall, a good episode that certainly makes me want to watch the show
Old 02-03-2009, 08:09 PM
Elite Fan

I really liked this episode. I liked how it got back into the Pattern and Massive Dynamic stuff. I LOVED when Peter and Olivia went under cover. You can so tell Peter has done stuff like that before. And when she came out of the tank and grabbed onto him! GAH I died. Cutest ever!

I'm glad the John Scott story has moved on. I was getting a little repetitive Olivia going in the tank to retrieve his memories. I had a feeling he was really good, and I'm glad Olivia knows that too. Now that she finally has her closure and his memories out of her head, I hope that she can move on with her life, and not have that "traitor" title for him in the back of her mind. She knows the truth now.

I also was always suspecting that Bryoles knows more than he's letting on, but tonight he showed that with the DNA chips. I don't know if he's working for Massive Dynamic, or he just goes to them for information, but either way he's tied to them. Next week look interesting with Mr. Jones coming back. Can't wait!

ETA: Welcome Mindhunter! Yeah, most of the episodes basically have the same format. I'm so glad you liked the episode! It was definitely a good one to start watching from. You got a nice little piece of everything.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:14 PM
Banned

I could help but think of the recent engagement between Anna Torv and Mark Valley when Olivia and John were at the docks!

Good episode all the way.

Last edited by JoshandChristinaCursed; 02-03-2009 at 08:51 PM
Old 02-03-2009, 08:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Great episode!

Man I'm glad they didn't submerged into the whole X-files thing with the monster mutation after the cold open. I thought it was gonna be a dull repetitive episode but it got better with every single minute passing. Lots of stuff I never saw coming about this episode.

And Peter, I was like "why aint he talking" for the first ten minutes but then we REALLY got to see Peter in action in the second half. The banter he and Olivia came up with on the spot to avoid being killed was brilliant.

I love how this episode was a major callback to episode 3. These older episodes and their stand along significance are definitly going to be brought up again in future episodes to serve a greater purpose like with the discs in this episode.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:43 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshandChristinaCursed (View Post)
I could help but think of the recent engagement between Anna and John when Olivia and John were at the docks!

Good episode all the way.
Haha I thought of that too. I was like " How ironic .... "
Old 02-03-2009, 09:02 PM
Len
Part-Time Fan

What an excellent episode. Definitely one of my favorites. Loved the after tank scene between P/O. Be still my heart.

Loved the closure between J/O. I didn't even mind her saying "I love you" in the end. Now she can move on.

I have a feeling I'll be watching this episode several more times until the next one.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I have a feeling I'll be watching this episode several more times until the next one.
Hear, hear. I re-watching it again before I go to bed tonight.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:23 PM
Len
Part-Time Fan

I am watching it but it is taking me a while to finish because I keep rewinding the part where Peter held Olivia in his arms. Awww, so sweet. Can you guys imagine the upcoming scenes between them? This can only get better.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:35 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len (View Post)
I am watching it but it is taking me a while to finish because I keep rewinding the part where Peter held Olivia in his arms. Awww, so sweet. Can you guys imagine the upcoming scenes between them? This can only get better.
There's so much about this show that you know is going to get so much better.

I can feel it.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:03 PM
Len
Part-Time Fan

The tension where Olivia lost communication with Hicks got me on the edge of my seat. I liked it when Olivia looked at Peter and he sensed something was wrong. His shady past and experience helped them from getting shot before Olivia had the chance to give the code word to the back up team.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:33 PM
Ultimate Fan

I loved the episode very good, but I am glad Olivia can now put things in her past to end. This can only bring in more good things for Olivia/Peter but with Olivias sister in the road well...But oh the hug I was just in awe with that. Peter rocked being under cover, I just loves him.
Sabrina/Harvey Shipper-STW. Jeff/Annie-Community. Chuck/Sarah Shipper-Chuck. Sam/Freddie shipper-iCarly. Jessi/Kyle Shipper-Kyle XY. Olivier/Lilly shipper-HM. Chad/Sonny shipper-SWAC. Joe/Stella shipper-Jonas series. Ash/Dawn shipper-Pokemon. StevexDj shipper.
Chuck fan. Kyle XY fan.SmallVillefan.Harry Potter fan.
Peter fan girl.Zac Efron fan girl. P.J fan girl. Chuck fan girl.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:54 AM
Elite Fan

What an amazing episode! The whole story of the virus was really exciting and i loved how the operation took place! Again, Fringe reminded me Alias a lot Olivia is really our new Sydney Bristow! It seems like John was one of the good guy and i couldn't be more than happy to see that
Old 02-04-2009, 12:23 PM
Master Fan

I really, really adored Walter in this episode. My husband was cracking up at all his outtakes and eating of the watermelon. We Walter.

They need to include Astrid a bit more -- it seems that each episode we learn something new about her or more into her personal life/self. I think she'd be a great character to expand on.

I'm glad that Olivia has some closure from John Scott. It seems that Massive Dynamics is really on the edge here and whatshername with the robotic arm -- she seems to be REALLY concerned about her. I wonder what that's all about?

All in all, a great episode!