Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2015, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Get ready for an episode full of CREEPY CRAWLIES!
2.09 Snakehead
Octopus anyone?

~Heidi
Old 06-01-2015, 01:02 PM
Elite Fan

I loved this episode - Walter and Peter's arrival at the shipwreck scene was great - Peter in shades looked hot and Walter looked so grumpy that Peter had followed him - even though they were going to the same place. The scene on the beach was gruesome, and the parasitic worm looked Fringe-worthy.

Walter and Astrid were a great team in this episode in the lab wrestling with the giant parasitic worm and in Chinatown. That brown stuff that they were going to drink looked disgusting and Walter going off to look for 'lacquered cricket boxes' - as far as I am aware a "cricket box" is something a cricketer wears to protect delicate areas during a cricket match, in case the ball hits them.

Peter speaking Cantonese was awesome and the way he acted towards Walter when he found him in Fay's house was really heart-warming. He was going to get angry with Walter but seeing the look on Walter's face he was very sympathetic and kind when he realised how upset Walter had been.

Walter sitting in the car singing that song from Unleashed knowing that Peter had gone into danger was very telling, but luckily Olivia and the FBI team turned up just in time. The scene in the hospital with Broyles, Olivia and a very battered Peter was funny just looking at the expression on Peter's face.

Walter putting the chip in his neck was so typical and giving Peter the remote tracker to find him if he got lost again was very Walterish.

This season they are showing Walter and Peter getting closer and more tolerant of each other and caring for each others feelings.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

As Olivia tells Peter when he first arrives at the waterfront: “Have you eaten? Well, that’s unfortunate.”

This is not one of my favorite episodes, although I know there are others who really like it. It just goes over the line on my squeamish-meter. There are cool parts, though.

.. Peter speaking Chinese! Is there no end to his talents and abilities?

Walter’s excitement over the potential drug in the creature: “It must be quite a high!” Followed by Astrid: “Walter, you are NOT smoking this creature!”

I do love Walter and Astrid’s jaunt in Chinatown.

Beyond the fun parts, this is basically a Monster-of-the-Week that doesn’t appear to have much connection to the Fringe mythology. It does, however, represent a sort of “coming of age” for Walter. Earlier this season, we got Peter and Walter moving out of the hotel and into a home. Peter speaks quite a bit about Walter’s moves toward independence and Walter’s own discussions with both Astrid and Peter remind us that, however wacky Walter may be, he’s still an adult with an adult’s need for respect and dignity. Yet Walter comes to his own realizations with regard to the limits that he must impose on himself, not only for his own safety, but also for the safety of the people he cares about and who care about him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
Walter going off to look for 'lacquered cricket boxes' - as far as I am aware a "cricket box" is something a cricketer wears to protect delicate areas during a cricket match, in case the ball hits them.
Well, I think this version of a cricket box is probably much more practical than the typical Chinese cricket box - but why on earth would you lacquer one?

~Heidi
Old 06-07-2015, 11:56 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Well, I think this version of a cricket box is probably much more practical than the typical Chinese cricket box - but why on earth would you lacquer one?

Maybe it was a joke put in for John's benefit - Australia is very big on cricket and very good at it so maybe there was a Test Match on when the episode was written. Perhaps John is a big cricket fan.
Old 06-09-2015, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

I really like the Walter and Astrid scene in the lab when he apologized for what had happened to her. Also the scene where he's trying to call Peter, but can't remember his number, always gets me. Wonderful performance by John.
Old 06-09-2015, 12:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

Don`t remember much about the episode, but this scene......*sigh* Some chinese woman took him into her apartment later, righ?
I felt so sorry for both of them.
Old 06-09-2015, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Exactly, she helped him calling Peter from her house. So sad when he tried to talk to her on the bus station.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Definitely an amazing and poignant performance by John. The poor man just wants a bit of dignity and independence, but is forced to admit he's just not equipped to handle even the simplest of outings on his own.

~Heidi
Old 06-10-2015, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Indeed. Absolutely perfect.