Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2009, 04:06 PM
Elite Fan

"Snakehead" (2x09) - Episode Discussion - REWATCH

"Snakehead" 2x09

After a cargo ship runs aground, the shoreline becomes littered with bodies hosting a giant squid-like creature. The Fringe team descends upon the scene to examine the bodies and discovers that the mysterious organisms are actually giant parasites. As the investigation unfolds, Walter heads back to the lab while Olivia, Peter and Broyles race against time when they realize the case has ties to a threatening organization in the all-new "Snakehead" episode of FRINGE airing Thursday, Dec. 3 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (FR-209) (TV-14 L, V)

2x09 Promotional Photos - Fringe TV

Last edited by kbcountry37; 03-09-2014 at 07:22 AM
Old 12-02-2009, 04:12 PM
Elite Fan

Here we go, guys!

I'm really excited about this episode!
Old 12-02-2009, 11:45 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new one, Sibel! I can't wait for tomorrow!
Old 12-03-2009, 04:15 AM
Elite Fan

You're welcome, Shan! I know, i'm really excited too!
Old 12-03-2009, 09:35 PM
Elite Fan

I realllllly liked this episode! I liked how it really focused on Peter Walter and Astrid this time. So first off, that spider/worm thing coming out of the dudes mouth was GROSS.

There was some REALLY great Walter moments this episode. I totally understand why he would want to be independent, Peter or Astrid really do follow him everywhere. But when he lost Astrid, and he was crying because he couldn't remember Peter's number, AWWW! John's acting was amazing this episode. I loved how in the end he put a tracking device in his neck too. That was smart, because now he can be independent and if he ever gets lost again, Peter will be able to find him.

OMG Astrid and Walter were SO GREAT tonight! Definitely one of my favorite episodes for them. "7lb 10 oz, largest worm yet" LMAO! And then their trip in China Town was really cute too, until Astrid got followed of course. But Walter was SO WORRIED when Peter told him. And then when he went back to the lab and just looked at her, that moment there. You could tell he really cares about her so much. And the hug, hee!

There was also some great P/O scenes as well. The beginning: "Did you eat?" "Yeah." "Well that's unfortunate." LMFAO! And then: "I didn't know you spoke Chinese." "Well get to know me a bit." BWAH. So funny. And then how Olivia kept telling Peter to keep in touch with her and Peter saying he;ll call her after, hee! And OMG the end! When she found Peter: "Are you ok? Yeah, yeah, I am now" GAH. loveeeee <3

There was a lot of great solo Peter moments too, like when he noticed the hand sanitizer and stuff in the house, only he would notice that. And then him knowing what the tattoos mean on the triad guy. ANd him picking the lock too! Badass Peter FTW! I loved his aviators in the beginning too. Very classy

Overall AWESOME episode. I really loved every minute of it. I can't wait for next week either! We're gonna get to see the guy Bell told Olivia about, ahh! And Walter gets kidnapped?! HOLY. Cannot wait!
Old 12-03-2009, 10:29 PM
Elite Fan

I loved the episode, but then again I always do.

The squidlike worm things were so gross to look at.

My favourite scenes had to be Walter and Astrid bonding and when Walter returned to the lab to find Astrid and her injuries, I thought Walter was going to cry, it was too sweet.

It's almost like a father/daughter relationship with them.

Quote:
And Walter gets kidnapped?! HOLY. Cannot wait!
What's funny is that he's implanted himself with a tracking device. I think they'll find him okay.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:55 PM
Master Fan

Okay for the time being all I can say is: GRODY.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:58 PM
Elite Fan

^LOL right? They'll find him, but it's still gotta be scary.

AND YESSS the Astrid/Walter scene was my fav of the night too <3 Jasika and John were AMAZING in that scene.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:28 AM
Supreme Fan

One of the best eps yet. I found myself enjoying it so much because it was less about the investigation and more of what we all really want: relationships! We had a nice little Peter/Walter/Astrid triangle, with Walter the central figure there. And lots of Peter. LOTS! A great Josh ep. I'm so happy, I'll be smiling for the rest of the day.

Was very surprised with Peter's invitation to Olivia to "get to know him better". Oh, yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise
My favourite scenes had to be Walter and Astrid bonding and when Walter returned to the lab to find Astrid and her injuries, I thought Walter was going to cry, it was too sweet.
That scene is both a reminder and a foreshadowing, I think. It showed that Walter's decisions, subsequent actions, and ultimately his inability to see things through to the end, hurt people. When he took Peter from the Other Side 22 years before Walter hurt Peter's mother and Alter-Walter there. Last night his decision to escape from what he thought was the oppressive shadow of Peter and Astrid, caused Astrid to get hurt. Later we'll see Peter suffering when he learns what Walter did to him as a child. (Just a thought that came to me while I was emptying the dishwasher...)

Last edited by Ten My Love; 12-04-2009 at 10:52 AM
Old 12-04-2009, 10:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Very nice character development for Walter, recognizing that it's about time he started returning to "normal"...

I have a feeling that tracking device is going to wind up being very important sometime later...
Old 12-05-2009, 06:20 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Pikachu (View Post)
I have a feeling that tracking device is going to wind up being very important sometime later...
Definitely.

But I can see a twist in that story coming: Walter gets lost/kidnapped, Peter finds him, nice warm affecting father/son reunion. But in a subsequent epi after Peter finds out what Walter did to him, Peter will have the blinking transponder -- and do nothing. /end of Season 2.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:29 AM
Elite Fan

^^^ That is a eerie possibility, but I like the sound of it because of the cliffhanger ending.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:56 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Pikachu (View Post)
YES I think so too.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

Quote:

It's almost like a father/daughter relationship with them.
Mine too Poor Astrid

It really felt that way
and I will never be captive, or hostage, or confined.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 12-06-2009, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved the episode. The worms were so gross but it was great seeing the interaction of the characters Astrid and Walter have really become a duo
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita