Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2015, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Rewatch 20-Sep-15 to 26-Sep-15: 2.22 Over There Pt. 2

William Bell and Olivia rescue Walter from the hospital. Walternate falsely tells Peter that the machine can help heal the other world. Peter meets Fauxlivia, who drives him to his new apartment. Walter and Bell go to Harvard to collect equipment needed to return home. Olivia confronts Fauxlivia, knocks her unconscious and poses as her. Peter discovers the machine is symbiotic and needs him in particular to control it. A disguised Olivia and an oblivious Alter-Charlie go to collect Peter to move him for his own safety. Olivia knocks out Alter-Charlie and reveals herself to Peter, telling them the machine's real purpose and Walternate's intentions. Peter states he doesn't belong in either world. Olivia reveals her feelings for Peter, convincing him to leave with her. They race to meet with Walter and Bell at the Opera House, but Fauxlivia and Fringe commandos catch up with them. Bell and Olivia hold them off while Peter and Walter set up the dimensional device to return home. Without power for the device, Bell sacrifices himself to create a nuclear reaction using his body's unstable molecular state. Olivia, Walter, and Peter return home successfully. Peter tells Walter he'll never understand him, but forgives him because he has travelled twice to another universe to save his life. Olivia goes to await orders and is revealed to be Fauxlivia infiltrating our side. The Olivia from our world is seen in a military detention center on the other side. Walternate visits her, staring at her before leaving her in solitary confinement.
If you cannot see the YouTube videos below, try the simple links further down

Fringe 2.21 "Over There Pt. 1" Promo

Fringe 2.21 "Over There Pt. 1" Sneak Peek

~Heidi
Old 09-20-2015, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Peter trying to describe Olivia to AltOlivia - making comparisons.

It's hard not to feel just a little sympathy with Walternate during this episode. Almost every scene seems to reek of what the alt-universe people have lost. Peter seeing the red areas on the map and surveying New York in the helicopter - seeing all the ambered areas and hearing about the casualties. Walter driving through the wasteland outside of Boston with Bell.

Then I start laughing when Walter and Bell find "what we're looking for" - and it just reminds me so much of a Dalek! I know it doesn't really look like one - but that was my first impression and it has stuck.

Olivia and AltOlivia - it's freaky meeting your double. Finding out who lived and who died. But, ultimately, our Olivia beats your Olivia.

~Heidi
Old 09-20-2015, 03:16 PM
Elite Fan

Talking about Daleks Dr. Who starts again soon, and guess what - I think Daleks appear. That thing Walter and William find reminds me of something but I can't think what. I really thought these two episodes were awesome when I first saw them and I revisit them often.

The commentary by Jeff, Joel and Akiva is brilliant and really makes some of the scenes stand out more when you know the reason for them - like the KFC scene, and the fact that the helicopter scene was really done on a rooftop with a stationary helicopter and the aerial views are stock footage.

There are so many awesome scenes in this episode, too many to talk about but one of my favourites is when Peter comes back and talks to Astrid in the lab, and his interaction with Walter.

Of course the Peter and Olivia scene in the snazzy apartment was what we have all been waiting for since he touched her hand in episode 2 on the bench seat or even when he helped her get into the tank in the Pilot!