Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2010, 09:09 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy (View Post)
I really loved this episode. It had so many clues and signs and things to come in one episode! I'll most likely go over to the pattern discussion thread, but I too think that Peter is going to pick up on Bolivia a lot quicker than one might think.

It was so moving to hear Olivia tell Peter that he belonged with her and really, where else was Peter going to go. Clearly "bad daddy" was not the right person to be with and the AltWorld has a lot of screwed up things. Plus, you really need to follow your heart.

I loved watching Walter and Belly go at it and even through the AltWorld seems bad to us and even through we're supposed to think that they're doing only what we would do if our child was taken away, I still feel that this side has a lot less morals and wits about them. They do things very aggressively and without remorse. We shall see.

I can't wait for Season 3!!
Great post and I totally agree with you on everything..

I don't think it will take Peter very long to figure out that it is not his Olivia especially after the conversation he had with AltOlivia near the beginning of the episode. Something tells me it could be in the premiere. Can't wait for season 3. It's gonna be a long summer.

FI - 20/06/2014 the date I met Jared, Lana, Sean, Bex, Robbie and Emilie! Best weekend ever.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow! So much has been going on in that episode. Amazing! I love Olivia and other Olivia fighting and ofc, Olivia totally kicked ass! And that them seeing that they have so much similiarity how to protect themselves from others, lol. They both are still badasses though.

Olivia of course managed to tell Peter everything and then when she begged him not to go to them and leave with them because he belongs with her, aww. I so didn't see it coming that she would say that. And then them kissing as their first kiss, aww. That was so sweet and romantic. It finally happened! Yayz! What a nice surprise. I am so happy that they got to their first kiss.

And Peter telling Walter that he apperciates him saving his life twice so he'll think about it, aw. That's a great step from being mad at him to talking to him a little bit so hopefully they will be closer when they work on bringing real Olivia back to them. Hopefully her kidnapping will help push them closer, you know.

And wow, of course I can tell when fake Olivia was taking in her own home and I am like your own home like that? Of course it wasn't her and she was going to do something about it. And whoa, Olivia is trapped in dark room by Walternate. That Walternate is so cold bastard who knew that would scare her yet he let her suffer and made her feel so trapped. What a cliffy!

I know that Walter and Peter will find out and work on their stragery to bring her back and get rid of fake Olivia. It's gonna be intense for season three! Can't wait for new season, whoohoo! <3
Old 05-24-2010, 10:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

SUCH A CLIFFHANGER! My goodness!

...btw, did anyone else notice that alternate Olivia's name was Bolivia if you had the captions on? I thought it was a glitch but it kept coming up that way, made me giggle!

So much goodies in this episode. Sidenote, but was anyone else kind of bummed though that the other cortexiphan kids didn't survive? That seemed kind of harsh. Understandable, but harsh.

I so called it that the wrong Olivia came through. I even rewinded to convince myself it was the right one, "Look! They're wearing different clothes, it had to be the real one!" Alas, I was mistaken. Her face at the end! And the room, it reminded me of the image they showed earlier in the season of her in the corner in the room with the walls all black around her. Shows that in her fear she's back to a child once more? So heartbreaking.

They kept stressing that she can open the door through the universes, anyone else think maybe she'll be able to find her own way back? I wonder what they'll do with Bolivia once they realize she's a fake. Can't take long, right?
Old 06-24-2010, 06:48 AM
Master Fan

This is a great video.

they must be regarded as recruits.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:50 AM
Elite Fan

^Thanks for bringing that over! I gotta go watch!
Old 06-24-2010, 10:11 AM
Part-Time Fan

That was a really great video. Thanks for sharing.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:18 PM
New Fan

This kiss, it must be She kiss him, and Peter had hand in pocket lol
Old 07-18-2010, 11:51 AM
Part-Time Fan

Definitely an awesome finale. The Olivia thing was kind of obvious though. From the moment that Olivia called to William and Bolivia was behind her, then the flash.. I knew things got screwed up there. I was surprised how Walternate locked up Olivia though, didn't see that coming. It must be for an exchange offer to get Peter back again.

I wonder how long it takes before they find out, I guess they might 'stretch' it for a few episodes or in the worst case maybe even the entire season. Writers can be a pain like that sometimes
Old 03-09-2014, 04:05 PM
New Fan

Nitpicking Universes - Episode 2.22 and 3.1 spoilers

So here are my thoughts on Olivia/AltLivia mix ups. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

2.22 Over There: Part 2
Olivia confronts AltLivia in AltLivia's apartment. We can clearly see the difference between them because of the difference in their hair color.

The Livias fight, and blonde Olivia knocks out AltLivia with a blunt object and stands up.

So at this point, there is absolutely no way that the woman standing over the unconscious woman is AltLivia. She's blonde.

The next shot we see is of *a* Livia, with an open box of hair color.

The only woman between the two that had consciousness was Olivia, and so she would have tied up AltLivia.

At this point, my bet is it's Olivia who dyed her own hair and is the one who leaves the apartment, with AltLivia tied up inside.

When the non-tied-up Livia meets Charlie in the hallway, she acts really surprised to see him; her reaction is far more in keeping with Olivia, who would be shocked to see Charlie alive.

Conjecture, but still a valid point, IMO.

When Charlie and (?)Livia enter Peter's apartment, (?)Livia gives Peter the poster with the picture of Peter in the machine; and she talks about an observer giving it to her.

Only Olivia knows about that, and only Olivia would know where that poster was/to give it to Peter. AltLivia wouldn't know about the Observer.

(?)Livia also tells Peter that she knew about him being from the alternate universe for a few weeks; how could AltLivia know that?? She couldn't.

So the (?)Livia who is free - who was not tied up in AltLivia's apartment - should really be Olivia. Tracking that all the way to the opera house, Olivia should be the Livia with Peter/Walter/William.

No???

Which Livia walks into the altternate Fringe division and says that they need to start a search for "me"..? It SHOULD be the Livia who was tied up, who then got free.

Which SHOULD be AltLivia, according to my argument so far.

So AltLivia, who had been tied up but got free, was with the AltFringe agents at the opera house - trying to stop Oliva/Walter/Peter/William.

So which Livia said to Peter "You belong with me" and kissed him? It would SEEM to be Olivia, IMO.

3.1 Olivia
The therapist, Dr. Anderson, from Alt Universe tells Olivia: "After you were injured outside the opera house, when you were under anesthesia, you mumbled the name Peter."

So did Olivia get captured at the opera house, and AltLivia took her place with Walter there?

When was the switch possible?

Until (?)Livia threw the grenade, it would have had to be Olivia who was with William.

When he was unconscious I guess there's a moment when the Livias could have switched, if Olivia who threw the grenade was somehow injured too.

That's the only moment I can *sort of* get behind as plausible - except that there didn't seem to be a moment when Olivia-who-was-with-William got injured.

Blech. It's just a TV show!! . Can't help myself. What are your thoughts?

When did Olivia/AltLivia switch?
Which Livia told Peter "you belong with me" and kissed him?

Just the first of many brain scrambles as I try to track with two of everyone in the Fringeverse.

There are so many other moments through the seasons that I just get annoyed because it seems to be a total lapse in continuity. Don't get me started on the "alternate timeline" and the Observer who says "she's your Olivia" to Peter when he's the only one from his timeline in this new timeline. AARRRRRRRGGGHHHH!!

That's about it for now. Love the show, so glad the fifth season gave it a chance to wrap up properly.

Ciao!
Old 03-09-2014, 06:16 PM
Master Fan

Ok, I moved your post to the 2.22 episode thread, so we don't have a bunch of new threads on the same topic running around.

First, off....the Olivia in Peter's apartment is our Olivia, she's just disguised so she can get to him. Peter knows how Olivia is so he knew was he. Fauxlivia (as the show calls her) would never hit Alt-Charlie on the head with a vase, and Peter knew that. It was DEFINITELY our Olivia that kissed Peter. "You belong with me" is my favorite quote between them, as shown by my signature. Peter came back for her .

You know Olivia and Fauxlivia were swapped in the ep after the bomb went off at the Opera house, if you pay close attention. I didn't notice it the first time, but I did in multiple rewatches

And in the alternate time line, Peter was scared because he wanted Olivia back but this woman looked like her and acted like her....but did not remember him....so it couldn't be her (his opinion). So when she states she remembers it scares Peter. He wants his girlfriend back so bad....but doesn't want the mix up like with Olivia and Fauxlivia. It took September telling him it was actually Olivia for Peter to believe her and go to her.
Co-Host of The Bazinga Cast|"You belong with me." Olivia to Peter
Thanks to hilery00 for the icon!
Old 03-09-2014, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Robynesque - I think most of your dissection of the show was correct. It can get a little confusing at times which is why I enjoyed watching it again and again. It's amazing how much more you pick up after seeing it again.

I think you are on track with what you said, so not entirely sure which sections you actually had questions or wanted clarification on.

Kayla answered pretty good, so hopefully you are good to go and I hope you consider joining our re-watch on Saturday.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 03-10-2014, 02:56 PM
New Fan

Eps 2.22 and 3.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
Robynesque - I think most of your dissection of the show was correct. It can get a little confusing at times which is why I enjoyed watching it again and again. It's amazing how much more you pick up after seeing it again.

I think you are on track with what you said, so not entirely sure which sections you actually had questions or wanted clarification on.

Kayla answered pretty good, so hopefully you are good to go and I hope you consider joining our re-watch on Saturday.
I mostly wanted to find out what other people thought of exactly WHEN Olivia/AltLivia switched. By the second time I rewatched 2.22 I thought that the Olivia who left AltLivia's apartment was really AltLivia pretending to be Olivia to get to Peter. Then I rewatched it again and realized that couldn't be it, Olivia had to be the one who was talking to Peter in his apartment.

The implied switch of Livias at the opera house works for me now . It was a little subtle for me the first time through, though I caught that AltLivia was the woman who entered Olivia's apartment at the end of the episode.

Mystery solved . So far so good. Hopefully I can track properly through season 3.

Timeline-wise, I am going to rewatch that season before I comment too much . When I saw it the first time it just seemed like a cop out for the Observer to tell Peter that it was "his" Olivia. How could it be when Peter intended to leave that timeline to get back to his own, where presumably another Olivia waited?

Ciao!

Last edited by Robynesque; 03-10-2014 at 02:59 PM Reason: Added text.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robynesque (View Post)
I mostly wanted to find out what other people thought of exactly WHEN Olivia/AltLivia switched. By the second time I rewatched 2.22 I thought that the Olivia who left AltLivia's apartment was really AltLivia pretending to be Olivia to get to Peter. Then I rewatched it again and realized that couldn't be it, Olivia had to be the one who was talking to Peter in his apartment. The implied switch of Livias at the opera house works for me now . It was a little subtle for me the first time through, though I caught that AltLivia was the woman who entered Olivia's apartment at the end of the episode. Mystery solved . So far so good. Hopefully I can track properly through season 3. Timeline-wise, I am going to rewatch that season before I comment too much . When I saw it the first time it just seemed like a cop out for the Observer to tell Peter that it was "his" Olivia. How could it be when Peter intended to leave that timeline to get back to his own, where presumably another Olivia waited? Ciao!
That should go in 4.15's thread, so we don't go too far OT....but from what I've seen and read....as I actually initially watched after the series finale aired....is that Peter was "wiped" from existence by the Observers, therefore changing the timeline in everyone's mind but Peter.

However, he wasn't fully wiped due to his and Olivia's love for each other, and his and Walter's love for each other.

Olivia remembered when she was activated...and it scared Peter because he was afraid he was being tricked. He wanted definitive proof that she is the woman he loves, and he knew to trust September enough to believe him.
Co-Host of The Bazinga Cast|"You belong with me." Olivia to Peter
Thanks to hilery00 for the icon!
Old 03-11-2014, 09:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm really enjoying this rehash of events on Fringe and how they unfold. I hope you guys continue this discussion and I will try to contribute as well.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 03-11-2014, 03:32 PM
New Fan

Timeline Issues

Re: 4.15
I looked for the 4.15 thread to use that for a reply but couldn't find it so I started a new thread, hope that's okay.

Last edited by Robynesque; 03-11-2014 at 03:47 PM Reason: Edit