Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2010, 08:01 AM
Elite Fan

SEASON FINALE: "Over There Pt. 2" (2.22) - Episode Discussion

Episode 2.22 - "Over There Pt. 2"

THE UNIVERSES MAY NEVER BE THE SAME WHEN SACRIFICES ARE MADE IN PART TWO OF “FRINGE” SEASON FINALE. THURSDAY, MAY 20, ON FOX

Leonard Nimoy Guest-Stars

In the second part of the two-part season finale, sacrifices will be made and both universes may never be the same again after Walter and Olivia visit the “other side” in the “Over There, Part 2” season finale episode of FRINGE airing Thursday, May 20 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (FR 2.22) (TV-14 L, V)

2.22 Promotional Photos

Promo:

Trailer:

Old 05-20-2010, 08:02 AM
Elite Fan

Season finale tonight guys! AHHHHH I can't wait!
Old 05-20-2010, 12:55 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the thread, S!

I'm so excited for tonight!
Old 05-20-2010, 04:13 PM
Master Fan

LOVE LOVE LOVE!

The way the cast has been describing this episode, I'm in total anticipation for it!
Old 05-20-2010, 06:53 PM
Master Fan

i think the wrong olivia crossed back
Old 05-20-2010, 07:35 PM
Banned

The season finale blew. They first give us only 6 minutes of peter and then they give a measly kiss and Olivia gets a freaking cool ending! I am DONE with this show!
Old 05-20-2010, 07:42 PM
Master Fan

I so predicted the olivia thing at the end!!
Old 05-20-2010, 07:57 PM
Elite Fan

UMMM AMAZING EPISODE. Like legit one of my favorite out of the whole series. We got SO MUCH stuff. I don't even know where to start haha. Well I guess with the Bell/Walter reunion. I loved them. Their banter at the diner was HILAR. And I KNEW Bell was good deep down, that he didn't take out Walter's brain for no reason. Walter asked him too. And how Bell is dead on the other side! I guess that's why he could cross over so easily, because there was only one of him on both sides. But yes, loved them FINALLY meeting.

AND PETER OLIVIA. HOLY. I cannot believe they kissed, I didn't see it coming. BUT GAH! Her whole speech about how she could give him 100 reasons why he should go back, but the only reason was because "you belong with me." GAH <3 kdfjhsdkf!!!! FAN GIRL SQUEE. And I LOVED how Peter knew it was his Olivia right away when she came in with Charlie haha. "Peter it's me, yeah I had a feeling."

AND HOLY SHIZBISCUT. OLIVIA AT THE END. SO CALLED IT. I was like damn I hope the right Olivia crossed over, but once she went into her apartment, I KNEW. GAH. But I'm not real worried though, I know Peter and the whole Fringe team is gonna realize it isn't her and go get her back. But still WHAT A SWEET CLIFFHANGER. I thought it was gonna be hard to top last years, but they might have done it, or at least surprised us all in a different way. GAH I will NOT be able to wait until September for this show to come back.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

I totally called that it was the wrong Olivia too like I paused, tweeted my suspicions and then went on w/ the rest of the episode and I was right! Aww, poor regular Olivia locked up in a cell and Waltenate lives her in the dark! Walter was right a bit to let Bell take out some of his brain, he should have been afraid of what he was becoming, look at what happened to Walternate. I know that Walter took away his son but that's no reason to want to destroy a whole of alternate reality of people. So is it going to be like an exchange, give me back Peter and I'll give you back Olivia?

I wasn't expecting the kiss, I mean I kind of was but not until she started saying about how she could give him 100 reasons to come back and then I was like oh snap, we're getting something here! Peter or Walter have to be the ones to figure out that Olivia-nate isn't Olivia. I mean Peter said there was differences in Olivia-nate and Walter in the hospital tested first a bit to see if it was the right Olivia coming to get him. I wonder how quick that will happen though. Awesome finale!

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 05-21-2010, 10:22 AM
Master Fan

OMFG!!!

awesome finale! i totally called it was Altivia but dammit i did not expect my girl locked up like that Walternate is such an asshat. if Noble doesn't get an Emmy, or at least a nomination I'LL RAGE! just look at his range in the same episode. POOOOOO <3333 i did not expect that AT ALL. my heart skipped and i was trying to concentrate to watch the rest Bell+Walter=OTP~that is all. loved that Peter was not too angsty about this whole ordeal and just went with the flow when he came back. Walter/Peter is gonna be even more awesome next year! I CAN'T WAIT FOR SEPTEMBER, IS THIS A JOKE FOX!

expectations:

1) Peter figuring out this Liv is a bit shady.
2) Liv getting her X Men groove on and frying their asses to get out.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:43 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
i did not expect that AT ALL. my heart skipped and i was trying to concentrate to watch the rest
OMG SAME. Like after they kissed I couldn't concentrate so after the ep ended I went back on my DVR and watched again to make sure I didn't miss anything while I was squeeing.

AND YES JOY I'm excited for those 2 things next season too! We KNOW Peter is gonna realize it's the wrong Olivia. And WE KNOW Olivia isn't just gonna sit in that holding cell and wait for something to happen. I have a feeling that maybe we'll see her "ability" really surface then. BUT GAH I CANNOT WAIT for season 3. Damn you Fringe, I love you but this cliffhanger will have me wondering ALL SUMMER.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:37 PM
Total Fan

OMG such an awesome episode. I loved all of it. John Noble is one of my favourite actors at the moment. Love him. The Peter/Olivia kiss made me squee like a little girl and will be very interesting to see if he will be the one to figure out that the wrong Olivia crossed. I usually hate cliffhangers but this one is awesome and can't wait to see the premiere in September. Poor Olivia felt so sorry for her in the end.

FI - 20/06/2014 the date I met Jared, Lana, Sean, Bex, Robbie and Emilie! Best weekend ever.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Really liked the ending , yes like a few of you . when Olivia picked up Bell after all the explosions i knew it wasn't our Olivia. seeing our Olivia at the end with alternate walter was nuts ... I feel next season won't take peter long to figure out it isn't his Olivia

her going to the shop to use the typewriter was such a nice surprise we haven't seen that since like beginning of the season .

plus the fact that the alternate Fringe team was know were to be seen .

nice that Olivia got to see the other charlie , i didn't see a lot of S-1 but i always thought they had a great relationship

This was # 2 finale of last night .....

Still have 2 Series Finales to go thru LOST/ 24 Then NCIS and i am done for few weeks hen True blood comes on
Old 05-21-2010, 09:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I absolutely loved this finale can't stop squeeing over the P/O kiss I'm pretty sure that Peter will know right away that the Olivia that crossed over is the wrong one and I also think that Olivia's fear will trigger her ability and will help her escape.

I loved the fight scene between Our Olivia/Alt Olivia there was so much action going on in this episode and so many great things guh.
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 05-22-2010, 07:21 AM
Master Fan

I really loved this episode. It had so many clues and signs and things to come in one episode! I'll most likely go over to the pattern discussion thread, but I too think that Peter is going to pick up on Bolivia a lot quicker than one might think.

It was so moving to hear Olivia tell Peter that he belonged with her and really, where else was Peter going to go. Clearly "bad daddy" was not the right person to be with and the AltWorld has a lot of screwed up things. Plus, you really need to follow your heart.

I loved watching Walter and Belly go at it and even through the AltWorld seems bad to us and even through we're supposed to think that they're doing only what we would do if our child was taken away, I still feel that this side has a lot less morals and wits about them. They do things very aggressively and without remorse. We shall see.

I can't wait for Season 3!!