Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-13-2009, 09:56 PM
Master Fan

Season 2 Speculation Thread

This thread is for speculation about S2, without any spoilers whatsoever. While we're waiting for the show to come back, it might be fun to talk about things that we want to see in S2, questions that we want answered, where stories that were started in S1 could go, and things like that.

I guess the first thing that I've been wondering lately is where S2 will start, from the very first moment of the first episode. Will it start in that alternate universe with William Bell and Olivia? Will the show start in our world in our reality with Olivia back and telling someone about that meeting? Will some crazy event happen to start the season? What would you like to see for the very beginning of the season?

I'm also wondering how long we'll have to wait for Peter to find out about the grave. That's going to cause a huge rupture in the Fringe team.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood

Last edited by 'Tos; 07-13-2009 at 10:04 PM
Old 07-15-2009, 01:36 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for opening the thread, Grant! We really needed this thread!

Awesome questions! Trust me, there are so many things i'd like to find out as soon as possible. Talking about the very beginning of 1.02 i think that they should start with Olivia and Bell in the other reality but i have the feeling that it won't start like that. I guess it will start some days/weeks later than that meeting and we'll get to know what happened only later in the episode.

Peter. I think that we won't find it out in the pilot but during the half of the season. It's going to be a big trauma for everybody and i don't even want to think about Peter's reaction.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:13 AM
Passionate Fan

Here's a speculation that's far out there...

What if Peter knows and has been secretly putting us all on the whole time? As we already know, he has a shady past already. Fringe - Imagine the Impossibilities.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:01 AM
Elite Fan

Actually, i've never thought about this possibility before but it's a cool one.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:41 PM
Extreme Fan

This would be great if that's what happened. Would be a great twist to the whole storyline.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

what i really want to see is hopefully they talk about peter's grave, i am still shocked about it, that's what i want to see and more of a relationship between peter and walter

Charming~Snow/Eric ~ Sookie/Ben ~ Felicity/Pacey ~ Joey/Booth ~ Brennan/Tony ~ Ziva/Finn ~ Rachel/Damon~Elena
Old 07-18-2009, 11:46 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for opening this thread, great idea!

I'm not really sure what I think is going to happen, but I know what I want to happen out of season 2. I want to know more about the "Olive" thing, and more about Bell and Walter's experiments. I want to learn more about Olivia's father. And I DEFINITELY want to know more about Peter's grave. I mean we all think we know what happened, Peter was taken from the AR because he died in this one. But I want to know how, and the emotions everyone went through when it happened. I'm sure we'll get that at some point during the show, I'm just not sure when.

Quote:
Talking about the very beginning of 1.02 i think that they should start with Olivia and Bell in the other reality but i have the feeling that it won't start like that. I guess it will start some days/weeks later than that meeting and we'll get to know what happened only later in the episode.
I'd like to see that too, but I agree with you. I think they are going to start a week days/weeks after that.
Old 07-18-2009, 12:40 PM
Elite Fan

I agree with everything you said, Shanna. Another thing i would like to know more closely is Olivia's sister. I don't know why but i can't completely trust her.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:51 AM
Elite Fan

I also want to know about Broyles and Nina's past. There's something there, definitely. And I want to know if we can trust Massive Dynamic or not.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:24 PM
Elite Fan

Me too! MD is a great stuff and its leader are def hiding some important secrets!
Old 07-21-2009, 07:52 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah MD definitely knows more than they are letting on. And so does Broyles for that matter. I hope they go a bit more into that next season.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:59 AM
Elite Fan

I think they will; maybe we'll get to know something more (even little things) every episode.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:38 AM
Master Fan

Great idea for a thread

Quote:
What if Peter knows and has been secretly putting us all on the whole time? As we already know, he has a shady past already. Fringe - Imagine the Impossibilities.
I never thought of this but it does seem like something that might happen on Fringe. Walter worrying about Peter finding out the truth but Peter knowing all along. That would be a huge twist.

I'd also love to learn more about Nina and Broyle, there's definitely a history there. I also want to learn more about Massive Dynamic. It looked like they were a shady business and then it turns out that things aren't what they seem, like them keeping John's body. I have a feeling though for each question that's answered five more will pop up.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Hmm, that's a really good theory. I can definitely see that being a possibility. Peter's past is another thing I 'd like to see explored more next season. We still don't really know anything about it, or if anything he even said was true.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:38 PM
Elite Fan

Peter's past would be an interesting thing to know. I would like to know something about his mom as well.