Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-27-2011, 09:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Reciprocity (3 X11) Episode discussion 1/28/11

Episode 3.11 - "Reciprocity"

Original Airdate: January 28th 2011

SYNOPSIS

TWO INCIDENTS TRIGGER ONE MASSIVE INVESTIGATION ON AN ALL-NEW “FRINGE” FRIDAY, JANUARY 28, ON FOX
When the Fringe Team visits Massive Dynamic’s assembly of doomsday device, Walter becomes greatly concerned for Peter’s well-being, so he turns to Nina for added brain power to understand the relationship between Peter and the superweapon. Meanwhile, the discovery of a dead body triggers an intense investigation in the all-new “Reciprocity” episode of FRINGE airing Friday, Jan. 28 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (FR-311) (TV-14 L, V sptv050769)

CAST

Anna Torv as Olivia Dunham; Joshua Jackson as Peter Bishop; John Noble as Walter Bishop; Lance Reddick as Phillip Broyles; Blair Brown as Nina Sharp; Jasika Nicole as Astrid Farnsworth

PROMOTIONAL PICTURES

PROMOS, SNEAK PEEKS

YouTube - Fringe Promo 3x11 "Reciprocity"
YouTube - Fringe Sneak Peek 3x11 "Reciprocity"
YouTube - FRINGE - Sneak Peek of "Reciprocity" airing 1/28!
YouTube - Fringe 3x11 "Reciprocity" Canadian Promo
YouTube - Fringe310Commercial2

Last edited by sofiab; 01-28-2011 at 05:47 AM Reason: fixed title
Old 01-27-2011, 10:19 PM
Absolute Fan

TFTNT

That sneak peak....I love that the writers are giving us the "she conned the con man" discussion between Peter and Olivia. I feel so bad for Peter, struggling with what has happened to him. I know that Olivia is struggling with what she has lost but I feel like she is starting to understand that Peter lost too.

♥ Please, you couldn't handle it...Perhaps you're the one who couldn't handle it ♥
~ Mary ~ Icon
Old 01-28-2011, 05:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Matt, I've edited your post to add the other sneak peeks and the promo pictures.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:02 AM
Master Fan

TFTNT, Matt.

I'm excited about tonight and the connection between Peter & the Machine!
Old 01-28-2011, 12:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

me too! It looks like so much is going to happen in this episode!
Old 01-28-2011, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Did a great job in adding more to the preview episode thread . I know certain boards don't want a lot of pre show information .Hey with the boost in ratings and DVR ratings going way up ,Fringe needs this week ratings to be as strong .

The preview and on you tube scene maker ,gets us closer to Peter final destiny . What of last weeks Watcher mention of Peter being a father ? Olivia how is she doing .... Jon noble god bless him he is so good in this role . He played a Russian ambassador in Season 6 of 24 ...
Old 01-28-2011, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

this was an amazing episode! Peter killing the shapeshifter was a great twist!
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 01-28-2011, 09:14 PM
New Fan

Yes fantastic episode! Nice interesting twist for Peter.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

Such a good one! I was on the edge of my seat for a lot of it! And the sweet Peter/Olivia moments kill me. Please oh please let those spoilers just be rumors! They can't handle anymore road bumps!
Old 01-28-2011, 10:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

That was awesome! It usually takes me a day and a rewatch to digest a new episode. Initally, "awesome" is about the best I can manage.

My stomach was in knots the whole show. So suspenseful! I figured out that Peter was the Shapeshifter killer immediately. Walter heard someone come in, and Peter said no. I knew that Peter lied. Fringe wouldn't waste a scene just to show Peter fixing a late night snack. Nope, the scene screamed WARNING like Will Robinson's robot.

That weapon is "weaponizing" Peter. THAT is scary! A machine that turns our boy into Jack Bauer. Again, AWESOME!

Walternate wanted Peter and Walter to find the machine and put it together. That was phase one of Fauxlivia's mission Over Here. (Walternate and Fauxlivia- thanks, Walter.) Fauxlivia got one of the pieces of our machine for Walternate, but now I've got to wonder if Walternate knew the effect that the machine, once constructed, would have on PB (wink at Fauxlivia).

I'm glad that Walter knows Peter's secret. Walter's number one priority is protecting Peter. No surprise there. Peter also seems to understand that something has changed in him. "What do we do now, Walter?" I don't know, but I'm glad that Peter Bauer, er...Bishop, is not in this thing alone. He can't trust himself right now.

Peter! Getting serious about those answers, pal?

Walter taking on monkey-isms. Funny.

Previews: Olivia and Peter clean up nicely.

"Reciprocity"- AWESOME!
Old 01-29-2011, 06:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Fringe is getting better and better!

Peter is going dark!
I didn't see that one coming!

Walter needs to have all his brain back!

Folivia
Walter, I love you

Walter and Peter's relationship is really

Can't wait to see the next episode!
Old 01-29-2011, 07:13 AM
Master Fan

^ Walter/Peter- best fatehr/son realtionship, really.

Awesome episode once again.
How dark is Peter gonna get? Is he gonna get his answers?
Really intriguing storyline with the machine.

for Astrid getting that task from Broyles.

And it's always great to see Nina.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:51 AM
TMM
Loyal Fan

This episode was really great. I agree with what everyone has said so far. Walter through the entire episode (how great was it when the magnifying glass was over his face and he looked sort of like a chimp, lmao) protecting Peter and being afraid for him. Oh Walter absolutely kills me with the depth of his love for Peter. I wasn't sure anything could top Jack and Sydney Bristow in terms of parent/child relationship, but this one is as close as it gets.

One of the things I couldn't figure out throughout the episode was how this was affecting Peter emotionally. We saw what he was doing physically, but how was he feeling about Walter and Olivia throughout? I don't want him to become machine-like. That would be troublesome. One of the best things about Peter is how he cares for those around him.

You can feel Doomsday on its way though, and I know this show will do it with a bang. I'm excited. Nervous, but excited. I'm still getting used to having to wait a week for an episode, what will I do over the summer? <--- assuming there is a season 4, which I'm feeling good about right now.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope this episode was just a necessary evil to set something important into motion. Only Astrid and Brandon were their usual great selves; they should actually let Astrid have more scenes without Walter so that we can remember she’s an FBI agent and not a babysitter. Was this what, the first, second scene she had with Broyles?

For now I will blame it all on the milk he drank last week. There’s no difference between what Peter’s doing and what Altlivia did when she was here and was seen as a villain: cold blood murder, lies and deception. People may argue that he’s killing shapeshifters, they’re a threat to this universe: exactly what Altlivia must have thought: they’re threats to my mission and thus to my universe. There was this dark almost proud satisfaction on Peter’s eyes when he was killing them. Granted, the machine has some kind of influence in what he’s doing, but almost promising a slow death to Walter with his eyes and blatantly lying first to Walter and then to Olivia when she has finally realized the magnitude of the Altlivia fallout and is hopeful they’ll work through it, doesn’t exactly speak for much good in the future. He had cracked the code, he could have told the team and they would deal with the shapeshifters and try to get info for them; there was no need for him to lie.

I can already see Walter going insane, Olivia being heartbroken again by someone she loves and Peter slowly ending in a life threatening situation due to what the machine is doing to him. The look of his face in the last scene was very telling.

Please Olivia, don’t tell me that you’d call Peter PB too I’m so glad that she finally realised that Peter was a victim too; unfortunately her words will come to bite her: Altlivia is not gone and if you’re exactly like her then Peter can be with any of you because you’re the same and it won’t make any difference.

I feel for all of them; we can sense that their future is not going to be an easy one.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
There’s no difference between what Peter’s doing and what Altlivia did when she was here and was seen as a villain: cold blood murder, lies and deception. People may argue that he’s killing shapeshifters, they’re a threat to this universe: exactly what Altlivia must have thought: they’re threats to my mission and thus to my universe. There was this dark almost proud satisfaction on Peter’s eyes when he was killing them.
Despite the fact that shapeshifters have killed people and taken over their lives? What about Charlie? Olivia lost a partner to these things and even had to shoot him on the spot.

I don't understand this double standard. Its okay for shapeshifters to kill people and take over their lives but Peter kills only 5 of them and he is painted as a bad guy?