Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-06-2010, 07:56 PM
Elite Fan

"The Plateau" (3.03) -- Episode Discussion

Episode 3.03 - "The Plateau"

Original Airdate: October 7th, 2010

TIMING IS CRITICAL WHEN DEADLY FRINGE EVENTS OCCUR OVER THERE
ON AN ALL-NEW “FRINGE” THURSDAY, OCTOBER 7, ON FOX

In this case, timing is everything as a series of anomalous events lead the Fringe Division to investigate deadly incidents with unimaginable coincidences. As the freaky crimes continue to occur, the team is in a race against time to protect potential victims. Meanwhile, Secretary Bishop shares his strategic plan with Colonel Broyles as Olivia grapples with a heart-stopping vision in the all-new “The Plateau” episode of FRINGE airing Thursday, Oct. 7 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (FR-303) (TV-14 V)

3.03 Promotional Photos - Fringe Television

Promos/Trailers:

Old 10-07-2010, 11:54 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the OP, Shanna! I'm excited for tonight!
Old 10-07-2010, 03:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Behind the scenes of tonight's all-new episode at 9/8c!
Behind the scenes of tonight's all-new episode at 9/8c! | Facebook
Old 10-07-2010, 07:52 PM
Elite Fan

yay so im finally caught up on all the episodes from all 3 seasons. took me about 1.5 weeks i know, im nuts lol.
anyways, i really liked this episode. it was interesting to me to see the alternate universe and i really enjoyed the last bit where peter appeared to olivia and gave a very good and logical explanation as to why she didnt die the way the guy predicted she would. VERY smart.
i really dislike seeing Walternate i love walter so much seeing him like this makes me cringe!

this was in last week's episode, but i watched it only for the first time right before this episode... so i just wanted to mention how much i ADORE the peter/walter scene they had. god, i love those 2 SO much!
Old 10-07-2010, 08:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved the episode! and that kiss I don't care if she was imagining Peter
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 10-07-2010, 09:21 PM
Elite Fan

WOW I really enjoyed this episode! More than I thought I was going too. I was very invested in the storyline about how the guy could predict patterns and outcomes. Very fascinating. But yeah, loved every moment of this episode.

First off, Liv/Charlie. I totally love them, I can't help it/ I think Anna and Kirk just have great friend chemistry. They're always goofing off but you can see that they really do care for each other. I love their scenes together. AND WHOA Lincoln Lee kissed Alt!Liv back in the day? Hmm, I wonder if there was a reason that was brought up, like maybe it will be important for the future ... IDK I'm just assuming. This is Fringe after all lol.

I loved seeing again Alt!Broyles questioning Walternate on the Olivia switch. I think something is going to come of this eventually. I also loved seeing more of Alt!Astrid. Jasika is an amazing actress and it a Joy to watch her do anything. I liked seeing Alt!Astrid freak out when she numbered the amount of possibilities. She's VERY intelligent. I hope we see more of her in the AU eps.

AND OMG THE END WITH P/O. I was totalllllyyyyy not expecting that at all. I figured she would just see Peter/Walter and second guess herself on if this was REALLY her, BUT THE END?! OMG. I think that just proves how much PO are meant to be together. I loved Peter's words to her: "I'm the part of you you have to hold on to. You can't forget who you are, Olivia. You can't forget where you're from." AND THEN THE KISSS OMG. Like who would thought we'd have a LEGIT PO kiss before Olivia was back over on our side? I didn't. GAH I literally love them <3 I can't wait for this storyline to progress this season.

Other random things about the Alternate Universe I found interesting: No pens. Or at least mild use of pens. Interesting. I figured our society would do away with hand-writing all together some day since technology is rapidly advancing, but it's cool to see the other side be so advanced like that that pens are so rare. Also, did anyone else notice those things on Charlie and Lee's ear? I think one was on Astrid too. I wonder if it's like a communication device of sorts. IDK I just thought it was interesting.

Also random, but the killer and his sister lived in Oyster Bay, Long Island. That's like 15 min from me haha. I just thought it was cool to have my area mentioned on Fringe. But SRSLY overall I loved this episode soooo much. Can't wait for next week!
Old 10-08-2010, 12:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I’m loving the episodes over there. There’s such a great vibrancy, dynamics about the other side. When we see how fragile their world is, it is understandable the way Walternate thinks and acts. He’s doing what he has to do to protect them. He’s still creepy though. "I'm still a scientist, only with a much larger lab". Reminded me of something Broyles said in the Pilot.

Fringe headquarters are massive! And that just shows how that division is important to the other side, compared to the relative obscurity of the Fringe team from our side. A sign that things between both sides can’t be compared. At least for now. And the alternate Fringe team is awesome! Charlie! What a great loss it was to lose him on this side. How awesome that in both sides Charlie and Olivia are such a great duo. I say it again, please, find a way to keep Charlie. And Lincoln too. I really love those guys.

It’s now obvious that pens have a meaning. In both universes. Was I the only one who went back to the scene between Peter and the Observer when Milo started saying the things her sister would say before she said them? I had some Rain Man vibes from Milo. Great character.

I loved the visions of Walter and Peter Olivia had. And poor Frank, he seems such a nice guy and he loves his Olivia; he too is another victim. And I love that Charlie is suspicious, he truly knows his Olivia and he’s looking for signs and he’s testing her. And I don’t know how he’ll react if/when he knows about the switch.

Another great episode that made me like the other universe. Oxygen alerts? Creepy! And the acting? Top notch again. Kirk was fantastic and Anna reminded me all the time that she’s playing a different person; insert some Olivia in between and it’s awesome; it’s a new character on my screen, just like Walternate. That brief vision of Walter and that scene of Olivia looking in the mirror where we can see two pairs of eyes were brilliant and so meaningful. And kudos to Jasika for saying that so long sentence about probabilities in one breath.

I feel like taking notes while I’m watching Fringe because everything is so meaningful

‘Fringe’ Recap: Episode 3.03, ‘The Plateau’ MTV Movies Blog

FRINGE “The Plateau” Review | Daemon's TV

Recap: Fringe - The Plateau - HitFix.com
Old 10-08-2010, 02:18 AM
Obsessed Fan

Wonderful post sofiab.

Great episode. I was very worried about this alternating of episodes between universes, but the episodes have all been so well written and I am really beginning to enjoy the characters on the other side. Of course it's great seeing Charlie again, but I'm also really warming to Lincoln as well.

Enjoyed seeing Broyles, and am looking forward to any disagreements that may arise between him and Walternate. That could be a very cool dynamic and it feels like it's heading that way, even though Broyles at the moment seems to have accepted things without further questions.

The case this week was actually very interesting, and I am excited to know what all these pen references mean!

Interesting when Walternate realised those were Peter's clothes... did I sense a moment of feeling emanating from him? And yes, Walternate's talk of a "bigger lab" and his simple reasoning that Olivia is only worth keeping alive if she can help them was definitely creepy. As always John is just amazing.

I love Astrid, and I just wish we'd see more of her character. How can they make Lincoln somehow seem so three dimensional in a few episodes, but can't make Alt-Astrid anything other than a data relator/processor? Disappointing, to be honest. I hope this changes, though.

Frank seems like a nice guy. I like him. I thought it was really intersting that even though there was a clear intimacy between him and Olivia (a comfortable rapport and interaction), there were no passionate kisses or even real kisses. The most we got was a half-peck and a few hugs. Maybe he was still worried about her given her "ordeal" but I do think it was interesting the difference/contrast between her interaction with Frank versus Peter.

Speaking of Peter, loved the ending P/O scene! So perfect! The kiss... everything - a reminder why I love P/O so much (even though I don't want them happily ever after just yet ). That makes a Anna/Josh kiss every episode thus far. AMAZING. Seriously, what was Josh thinking scaring us all with this "I'm only in every second episode" line? I mean, sure, he's only in the alt-episodes for 5 seconds, but better than nothing! I loved everything he said to Olivia, how he said it, perfect delivery by Josh! And yes, the chemistry is back - along with the haunting but beautiful P/O music theme!

Anna of course, is rocking it. Bravo Anna for really coming into her own as an actor - she's knocking it out of the park this season thus far.

Last edited by Seersha; 10-08-2010 at 04:41 AM
Old 10-08-2010, 05:00 AM
Obsessed Fan

Another great episode. I still miss Walter and Peter a lot, but Olivia is hallucinating them now and that eases the pain somehow.

I like the Altfringies and the AU, but I can't wait till Olivia comes back and our Fringe Division is together again. As much as I like Charlie, I'm looking forward to the episodes over here so much, it hurts.

Walternate is an amazing character and downright scary. I want to know more about him like right now. John Noble is fantastic!

The actor playing Milo was really good, too. I liked how they displayed his calculations with the split screen, it added to his general creepiness.

I adored the last scene with Olivia and her vision of Peter. Well acted and beautifully shot. Now let's hope the real Peter realizes the truth, before he gets too involved with the other Olivia.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:22 AM
Loyal Fan

I liked the episode even if not as the first two but it was still enjoyable in my opinion.

I like alter Charlie a lot. He's funny, loyal, and he is the only one who is seeing that there is something awkward with alt Livia (olivia in this case).
I'm seeing that the writers are making some kind of parallels between Peter/Olivia and Lincoln/alt Livia...both men are not noticing the differences in the two Olivias because blinded by 'love' (in Peter's case is more than that of course )

Ok now..Olivia and Frank..hugs and kisses on the cheek?? ok you are together for a while so maybe the passion is going away, but they seemed to me more like brother and sister than anything else
I understand now why Bolivia is enjoying her time with Peter over here Beside that there is something with Frank that is not so clear for me...mmm..

Walternate is always the bastard we know, but i agree with you Seersha that he was showing some feelings when he touched Peter's clothes. So maybe there is a lot behind this cold facade. I would like to see more of him.

I'm not so happy that they are planning to bring over the tank again (John Scott memories and also i've always found so boring when she went on that tank) but maybe the writers will do this thing better this time

The final scene total made the episode for me...it was amazing. So touching and powerful. I'm eager to see where they are going with this storyline..

Next episode really looks amazing...i can't wait!
Old 10-08-2010, 05:52 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I understand now why Bolivia is enjoying her time with Peter over here
Old 10-08-2010, 06:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Great episode.

The guy's story was pretty interesting. The ending was so sad

Liv/Charlie!
I've missed their scenes! I'm glad he is the one who suspects she's not really his Liv, he just knows her well.

The other partner is okay but a bit meh.

So Walternate wants to use Olivia to get in her world? Shocker
The quote about being a scientist & the world being his lab gave me the creeps.

PO *_______________________________________*
There are no words to express my love!
Old 10-08-2010, 07:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Fringe – “The Plateau” review

Fringe – “The Plateau” Recap - UGO.com
Old 10-08-2010, 04:55 PM
Master Fan

Question why is it that the in the Alt!World the Fringe team is much more lively and less haunted then our Fringe team? I can't hate them if they keep portraying them like that and i need to hate them because in the end both universes will collide and only one can survive. And surely it must be our world. Damn you writers .
Rupert hardly speaks. You're lucky to get anything out of him these days, he just has a wicked sense of humor and he's very eccentric and very unique in the way that he does things. He's like a big kid. I feel like he'll never grow up, which I love.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrinha (View Post)
Question why is it that the in the Alt!World the Fringe team is much more lively and less haunted then our Fringe team? I can't hate them if they keep portraying them like that and i need to hate them because in the end both universes will collide and only one can survive. And surely it must be our world. Damn you writers .
it feels like in the alt world that the fringe team is like a celebrity everyone knows who agent Dunham is, if u notice. they have their Fringe vans and uniforms.. in the regular one, it's a secret division and its more low key.
i think that's ultimately the biggest difference in that respect.

im hoping charlie jumps universes lol