Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-20-2011, 08:35 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisztomania (View Post)
i'd be so devastated for the show to get canceled just when i'm on a fringe high! i just started with the show. it'd be hell for it it be snatched away from me that fast.

It's sad because it seems like there are a lot of people just now getting into the show. I really wish FOX would realize that and give us another season.

♥ Please, you couldn't handle it...Perhaps you're the one who couldn't handle it ♥
~ Mary ~ Icon
Old 03-20-2011, 08:36 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by star_gazer02 (View Post)
Great minds think alike!
Must be the Canadian blood. Gives us a psychic connection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emsea (View Post)
He recently said that?? Well that's not good.

Leila, I think you need to start the "Eat Red Vines/Save Fringe" campaign.
Yep, he did. Apparently that's in his latest interview. I did not personally listen to it, but I saw quotation all over tumblr. It definitely does not sound good.

I would start a campaign if I had any idea how . I don't have any account anywhere. Hopefully Joshua's words will spread and I won't have to do anything. Otherwise, we would need a Fringe fan with a lot of followers to start a campaign.

Quote:
i'm not from america but i'll happily haunt for red vines here (i may start next week) and send them on the address josh gave out. i'm desperate. i'd be so devastated for the show to get canceled just when i'm on a fringe high! i just started with the show. it'd be hell for it it be snatched away from me that fast.
I think I would cry if the show got cancelled. Literally! And that is embarrassing for a 23 years old woman to cry over a TV show.

I'm not American either, but I don't think they will care where the money comes from, just as long as we buy their products.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leila (View Post)
I think I would cry if the show got cancelled. Literally! And that is embarrassing for a 23 years old woman to cry over a TV show.
Ummmm you won't be the only one who will be if Fringe is canceled after 3 seasons.

Quote:

It's sad because it seems like there are a lot of people just now getting into the show. I really wish FOX would realize that and give us another season.
I may be wrong about this but I remember The X-files wasn't very popular when it first aired. It took a while for it to become relevant and get ratings/attention. But Fox kept it for 9 years!! Why can't they do the same with Fringe?
Old 03-20-2011, 09:10 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I may be wrong about this but I remember The X-files wasn't very popular when it first aired. It took a while for it to become relevant and get ratings/attention. But Fox kept it for 9 years!! Why can't they do the same with Fringe?
ITA! They moved it to Friday and it getting better ratings than what they were getting for a Friday show so they just need to keep it for another season and see how it goes.

♥ Please, you couldn't handle it...Perhaps you're the one who couldn't handle it ♥
~ Mary ~ Icon
Old 03-20-2011, 09:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
ITA! They moved it to Friday and it getting better ratings than what they were getting for a Friday show so they just need to keep it for another season and see how it goes.
I agree. Execs/network people/writers expect fans to be patient through hiatuses and story lines they may not like. So why can't they learn a little patience and let a show grow an audience/fan base? Just saying...

Anyway, back to happy thoughts of Peter & Olivia.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:09 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:

Anyway, back to happy thoughts of Peter & Olivia.
Yes, back to happy thoughts and happy pics and gifs.

source

source

source

~ Mary ~ Icon
Old 03-20-2011, 10:22 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for making the thread pretty Mary!

I just love the P/O parallels. "It was destiny"

The eye-sex of 1x06 "Happy Birthday"-->
It's one of my fave P/O scenes ever. 6 eps into the series and already they were making a deep connection.

ETA: Just found this beautiful vid

Last edited by star_gazer02; 03-20-2011 at 11:24 PM
Old 03-21-2011, 01:23 AM
Elite Fan

i agree about x-files. when i sent an email to fox, i made sure to mention that. how fringe could be culturally and marketably be important as x-files was.

i'm near the end of the episode. hated how bolivia said it started out as an assignment and became something more. i went screaming, "no you dont, bitch! you've done enough damage already! you better not be having feelings for our olivia's peter!"

eta: i just finished 3x09. poor olivia. so much angst between peter/olivia rn.

Last edited by lisztomania; 03-21-2011 at 03:29 AM
Old 03-21-2011, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
My only other hope is that another network will pick it up. Preferably The CW since even the shows you want to die there never do.
If this is the last season, this is how I think it is going to end. I think the machine will actually destroy both universes (red and blue) and create a new one. And in that universe, Peter and Olivia will be married and probably have a child (a normal one LOL). Walter and Elizabeth will be together. Broyles and his wife will still be married. I'm still trying to decide if Charlie will be with his wife from this universe or with the bug girl . Maybe Lincoln and Rachel will end up together. And of course Bell and Nina will be together running some major company. Is my prediction too pollyanna??
I vote for HBO. We would have some rated PO scenes and Walter doing some even weirder stuff

I just don’t want it to be rushed. We had to wait almost three years and in the end we have a scene? Not fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leila (View Post)
Emailing Fox might help a bit, but in all honesty I don't think they would care. What Fox understands is money just like any corporation. I know that that's what saved Chuck. Chuck is another rating challenged show. They were on their way to getting cancel in season 2, but the fans went out and bought tons and tons of Subway sandwiches in the name of the show. The cast even joined them so they could all eat together. Subway being the main sponsor of Chuck, they continued their sponsoring of the show and now Chuck is finishing its 4 season.
It won’t hurt for sure. We know in the end the ratings are what counts, but if they haven’t decided yet, we have to show them that we’re here and we want more. We can’t just hope for the best and wait for others to do something. Sooner or later TV channels will have to realise that the Nielsen ratings are something from the past and can’t be the only way to measure the audiences.

Yesterday my friends and I emailed FOX; I’ve used all my email accounts

We need more of this

Lovers in a Dangerous Time
Old 03-21-2011, 12:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiab (View Post)
I vote for HBO. We would have some rated PO scenes and Walter doing some even weirder stuff
yes to this. and CW doesn't have enough budget to maintain the production quality of fringe. i think they'd think it would be too expensive for them. i believe they once tried to buy the rights for.. the 4400? (not sure) but backed out because of the production costs.

HBO is where it's at. altho i do fear they're not too good with production either because altho TB can be sexy as hell.. their SFX doesn't always look so awesome.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No one gets back at me with arts for the OP.
This is so sad.

Do you guys want me to put it up without arts made espcially for the thread.
I can find some on Tumblr I guess...

Also made a little Jate/Polivia video: YouTube - I'm right over here || Polivia/Jate
Old 03-21-2011, 04:32 PM
Elite Fan

i'm sorry, i don't know much about that, i'm new on this board. what do you need for the OP?
Old 03-21-2011, 07:01 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
ETA: Just found this beautiful vid
Awwww! Amy, I love that vid! Love the random epic PO scenes. Makes me want to spam this thread with them. Anyone want to join me??

Quote:
Lisztomania, It will get better. Where are you now in the episodes?

Quote:
HBO sounds good! I would pay to get it if Fringe was on. You guys are right, CW probably wouldn't be able to keep the quality of Fringe.

Quote:
This is so sad.
Lostbeth, I'm confused. Did you ask for something from us? Did I miss something?

~ Mary ~ Icon
Old 03-21-2011, 08:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
i'm near the end of the episode. hated how bolivia said it started out as an assignment and became something more. i went screaming, "no you dont, bitch! you've done enough damage already! you better not be having feelings for our olivia's peter!"
Peter's response was perfect: "That would be so much easier to believe if you weren't in handcuffs right now".

Quote:
OMG! That end scene, "She wasn't me. How could you not see that?" Hang in there. There will be happy P/O.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiab (View Post)
^This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostbeth (View Post)
This is so sad.

Do you guys want me to put it up without arts made espcially for the thread.
I can find some on Tumblr I guess...

Also made a little Jate/Polivia video: YouTube - I'm right over here || Polivia/Jate
First, Lovely vid and great song choice!

Second, I don't know how to do arts/gifs but if you need help organizing content (reasons, quotes, moments etc) for the new OP I can help. I've seen some really good art on Tumblr. If those people don't mind us using it I say go ahead and add it to the OP.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:42 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Lisztomania, It will get better. Where are you now in the episodes?
hi. you can call me nia. i'm on stowaway now. and i'm officially caught up. not liking the bellivia story all that much but i have faith that they're doing this for an important reason. p/o just never seem to catch a break, don't they?

Quote:
Peter's response was perfect: "That would be so much easier to believe if you weren't in handcuffs right now".
i know some people have grown to like fauxlivia but i really can't seem to sympathize with her yet. even more now that she's pregnant with peter's baby. all i can think is, "that's supposed to be our olivia's baby."

Quote:
OMG! That end scene, "She wasn't me. How could you not see that?" Hang in there. There will be happy P/O.
i saw happy p/o. but i still feel cheated because i didn't see them in quite the same amount as i had to with fauxlivia and peter. just when they're holding hands and stuff.. bellivia happened.

i'm assuming the baby will be their way of getting peter to be torn between the two worlds considering they've established how much he loves "our" olivia instead of fauxlivia. because, i think, if he had to make that choice, he'd definitely pick "our" world because he loves "our" olivia more. but with a fauxlivia being pregnant with his baby and considering he's got daddy issues himself, this is their way of saying, "nope, not so fast. we won't make that decision very easy to predict."

i have a very unpleasant thought. what if.. peter will choose the baby. it's giving me flashbacks of roswell when even though max loved liz, he was adamant in saving his baby with tess. and was willing to choose to go back to his planet instead of staying on earth with liz.

i'm saying yeah, there might be a way to save the two universe but any gateway to the two worlds will be sealed completely. so he has to choose where he has to stay permanently. but what if he chooses to stay in the world where his baby is?