Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-20-2011, 05:17 PM
Master Fan

I just hope that Fringe gets a proper ending. Whether it ends now or later I just want Fox to give the writers a chance to provide closure to the story and fans. I hate it when a series ends and the fans are just left hanging.

Btw, welcome lisztomania! I'm Amy Would you like to be added to the shipper list?
Old 03-20-2011, 05:52 PM
Elite Fan

yes, please. i'll go through the board more once i'm finished watching all the episodes.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:40 PM
Master Fan

^ You've been added to the list!

Which episode are you on?
Old 03-20-2011, 06:56 PM
Elite Fan

i've just finished 3x07! peter just learned about olivia being stuck on the other side!!!1!

Last edited by lisztomania; 03-20-2011 at 07:30 PM
Old 03-20-2011, 07:03 PM
Absolute Fan

Hi Lisztomania Welcome!

Amy, I'm with you. I'm staying positive until we know for sure. Otherwise it will just drive me crazy. But it wouldn't hurt for all of us to email FOX and beg, plead, for another season.

My only other hope is that another network will pick it up. Preferably The CW since even the shows you want to die there never do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiab (View Post)
If this is the last season, how do you think it will end up between PO? I would hate if we had some sort of flashforward with them together; not because I would want them together, but because I would feel cheated for not following the road that led them there.
If this is the last season, this is how I think it is going to end. I think the machine will actually destroy both universes (red and blue) and create a new one. And in that universe, Peter and Olivia will be married and probably have a child (a normal one LOL). Walter and Elizabeth will be together. Broyles and his wife will still be married. I'm still trying to decide if Charlie will be with his wife from this universe or with the bug girl . Maybe Lincoln and Rachel will end up together. And of course Bell and Nina will be together running some major company. Is my prediction too pollyanna??

♥ Please, you couldn't handle it...Perhaps you're the one who couldn't handle it ♥
~ Mary ~ Icon
Old 03-20-2011, 07:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emsea (View Post)

Amy, I'm with you. I'm staying positive until we know for sure. Otherwise it will just drive me crazy. But it wouldn't hurt for all of us to email FOX and beg, plead, for another season.
Whatever it takes to re-new the show... I'm for it!

Quote:
My only other hope is that another network will pick it up. Preferably The CW since even the shows you want to die there never do.
So true!! OTH anyone??

Quote:
If this is the last season, this is how I think it is going to end. I think the machine will actually destroy both universes (red and blue) and create a new one. And in that universe, Peter and Olivia will be married and probably have a child (a normal one LOL). Walter and Elizabeth will be together. Broyles and his wife will still be married. I'm still trying to decide if Charlie will be with his wife from this universe or with the bug girl . Maybe Lincoln and Rachel will end up together. And of course Bell and Nina will be together running some major company. Is my prediction too pollyanna??
Like Ella says, "All stories start with 'Once upon a time' and end with 'Happily ever after'"
Old 03-20-2011, 07:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Oh, please, no cancellation anxiety. When it comes to the future of this show, I'm already stressed enough as it is.

Emailing Fox might help a bit, but in all honesty I don't think they would care. What Fox understands is money just like any corporation. I know that that's what saved Chuck. Chuck is another rating challenged show. They were on their way to getting cancel in season 2, but the fans went out and bought tons and tons of Subway sandwiches in the name of the show. The cast even joined them so they could all eat together. Subway being the main sponsor of Chuck, they continued their sponsoring of the show and now Chuck is finishing its 4 season.

Maybe if we started buying Red Vines by the gallons, we could save Fringe or at least attract the attention of another network who could save it.

I just know, I need to see the end of the EPIC story that is Fringe.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:30 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisztomania (View Post)

in that note, can anyone pm me where i can watch/download 3x08?
I use to know a couple of places but now you have to pay for them. iTunes is another place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by star_gazer02 (View Post)
Like Ella says, "All stories start with 'Once upon a time' and end with 'Happily ever after'"
She did say that didn't she!

♥ Please, you couldn't handle it...Perhaps you're the one who couldn't handle it ♥
~ Mary ~ Icon
Old 03-20-2011, 07:32 PM
Elite Fan

we should pull a chuck. i wish abrams had an active twitter so we can get a hold of him somehow. any cast/crew involvement would help the fans be more active, i think.

eta: nevermind about the dl/stream, i found some. but thanks anyway.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:44 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leila (View Post)
Maybe if we started buying Red Vines by the gallons, we could save Fringe or at least attract the attention of another network who could save it.
If that would send a message to FOX to save the show I would definitely start buying them.

Quote:
we should pull a chuck. i wish abrams had an active twitter so we can get a hold of him somehow. any cast/crew involvement would help the fans be more active, i think.
Is there anyone at FOX that has one? I would commit to tweeting them each time I ate a red vine.

~ Mary ~ Icon
Old 03-20-2011, 07:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
i've just finished 3x07! peter just learned about olivia being stuck on the other side!!!1!
I think that was a moment where ALL Fringe fans were like "FINALLY!!"

Quote:
I just know, I need to see the end of the EPIC story that is Fringe.
I remember years ago when fans campaigned for a season 2 of Roswell that they sent Tabasco sauce bottles to the WB execs to get their attention. They were successful but for season 3 it was picked up by another network. So it could work for Fringe too. You're right, it really just comes down to money.

And yes, I NEED to know how the story ends too. I'm too invested in Fringe for it to be just canceled without a proper ending.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:08 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by star_gazer02 (View Post)
I remember years ago when fans campaigned for a season 2 of Roswell that they sent Tabasco sauce bottles to the WB execs to get their attention. They were successful but for season 3 it was picked up by another network. So it could work for Fringe too. You're right, it really just comes down to money.

And yes, I NEED to know how the story ends too. I'm too invested in Fringe for it to be just canceled without a proper ending.
Amen to that last sentence. From your computer screen to Fox execs' eyes.

I didn't know about Roswell, but it's even more proof that we should follow the example of those before us.

Quote:
If that would send a message to FOX to save the show I would definitely start buying them.

Is there anyone at FOX that has one? I would commit to tweeting them each time I ate a red vine.
I would get a twitter account just for that and I really hate twitter.

I just read a transcript of Joshua Jackson's interview on tumblr and he asked the fans to buy Red Vine to save the show and send proof to the CEO of Fox. I think I just read the guy's mind
Old 03-20-2011, 08:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I just read a transcript of Joshua Jackson's interview on tumblr and he asked the fans to buy Red Vine to save the show and send proof to the CEO of Fox. I think I just read the guy's mind
Great minds think alike!
Old 03-20-2011, 08:21 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
He recently said that?? Well that's not good.

Leila, I think you need to start the "Eat Red Vines/Save Fringe" campaign.

~ Mary ~ Icon
Old 03-20-2011, 08:21 PM
Elite Fan

i'm not from america but i'll happily haunt for red vines here (i may start next week) and send them on the address josh gave out. i'm desperate. i'd be so devastated for the show to get canceled just when i'm on a fringe high! i just started with the show. it'd be hell for it it be snatched away from me that fast.

eta: i'm currently starting 3x08. asdfghjkll!!! so happy peter finally knows!

Last edited by lisztomania; 03-20-2011 at 08:34 PM