Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-07-2010, 11:16 PM
Elite Fan

"Olivia. In The Lab. With The Revolver." (2.16) - Episode Discussion - REWATCH

Episode 2.16 - "Olivia. In The Lab. With The Revolver."

THERE'S A TOUCH OF DEATH WHEN DISEASE MYSTERIOUSLY SPREADS ON AN ALL-NEW "FRINGE" THURSDAY, APRIL 8, ON FOX

When a perfectly healthy woman is found dead from a disease she never had, the Fringe team investigates the origin of this inexplicably fatal condition before it claims more innocent victims. Meanwhile, Olivia struggles to keep Walter's secret from Peter, and her loyalty to Peter is tested as time goes on in the all-new "Olivia. In The Lab. With The Revolver." episode of FRINGE airing Thursday, April 8 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (FR-216)

Promo Pictures - 2.16

Last edited by kbcountry37; 04-11-2014 at 07:27 AM
Old 04-08-2010, 07:57 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the thread, Shan!

The title is really cool and the promo looks great!
I can't wait for tonight!
Old 04-08-2010, 01:25 PM
BOK
Elite Fan

Thanks for the thread!

Can't wait!

Old 04-09-2010, 02:34 AM
Obsessed Fan

Why so quiet...?
I'll just jump in...

I liked this week's episode. Not as good as last week's, but glad they are exploring more of the mythology even in so called 'standalone' episodes.

Loved the Peter and Olivia stuff - loved it all! I liked that he asked why Olivia called him instead of Broyles, and Olivia's response

I am glad that Walter has decided he needs to be the one to tell Peter, it definitely needs to come from him. But my heart is already breaking for Peter, he is really the happiest we have seen him, like tonight. And Walter is quite right in his fear that the news will not go down well with Peter... you can see then how hard Walter has been trying to have some father/son time (suggesting a ski trip etc.), as I think he knew all along that eventually the truth would come out, and obviously he has been trying to make as many good memories of time with Peter before it all goes sour.

Lastly, I LOVE having Nina back, and seeing her sparring with Olivia
Old 04-09-2010, 05:34 AM
Elite Fan

LOVEDDDD this episode. It's one of my favorites from this season. I loved Diane Kruger! She's a cutie. I bet Josh loved getting to work with her, even though they had no scenes together. And Sam was on it again! I think I like him haha.

OMG the P/O tonight though, holllyyy. Peter asked her to come in and have pizza and she said no. And then she can't sleep because she wants to tell him <3 GAH! "if it was the other way around, I would want him to tell me" And then his speech in the car, Morgan was so right. He's saying that because he thinks Olivia isn't into to it, BUT HE'S WRONG. jhdasdasd These two are getting so epic! ANDDD when Olivia went to see Nina - "I'm fairly certain your not prepared to lose him." SHE SURE ISN'T! "You came here for me to talk you out of it" LOVEDDDD that Peter is on speed dial <333333

I loved how at the end When Liv and Walter were talking, Walter said he was going to tell Peter. I'm glad, it should be him. And I love that Walter is learning to deal with the consequences of his mistakes.

I loved Astrid/Walter in the lab, they really are a great little team. I also liked the mention of Olivia's bland clothes again, and the soldier. And Nina/Broyles at the end, hmm ... I think they were talking about getting to the other cortexiphan kids before the bad dude who keeps activating them, but I'm not too sure lol. Anyway, great episode, I loved it!
Old 04-09-2010, 07:51 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hi ok i Haven't Watch ALL the episodes this season so please forgive me But Who was the Guy Olivia Kept Talking to i Like him i just Didn't know who he was
Old 04-10-2010, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That was such a great episode! I loved it
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 04-10-2010, 10:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylee123 (View Post)
Hi ok i Haven't Watch ALL the episodes this season so please forgive me But Who was the Guy Olivia Kept Talking to i Like him i just Didn't know who he was
That was Sam. Nina said Olivia should go talk to him after she went to the other reality in the season 2 premiere. She said Sam would help her, and he did.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow, this episode is far the best one again and it also broke my heart even more further especially with P/O scenes. It's so sadddd to see them so differently especially that Olivia knew the truth and couldn't act almost normal around him, so saddd.

Anyways, I know that Olivia is so strugging with this secret because like she said to Walter that if it was Peter knowing the secret, she would want to know it as well but same time she's afraid that Peter would find out and disappear.

Like right after Olivia's conversation with Walter about wanting to tell Peter the truth and you can pretty much tell that she was hellbent on doing it no matter what and even how wrong that situation is but she would do it but that was till in the car ride when Peter was like, "This is the longest time I have stayed in this town because I never do that before since I go from one place to next..." And I THINK that's what hit Olivia hard because if he knew the truth, he would probably disappear because he lost the trust in Walter and maybe Olivia and then would never forgive them and never come back at all and then Walter and Olivia would lose him all over again.

So I think that Olivia couldn't bear the thoughts of him gone because of this secret that she would tell him especially that he was rebuilding his relationship with his own father, so imagine that bond would be broken forever if he knew that. So that's ANOTHER reason why Peter would leave town. It's all in Olivia's mind or emotions. And the whole Peter saying that three of them are like family, an unit, aww that so melt my heart right away. That's exactly how I feel when he said that. I was hoping that he would mention Astrid in it because she's def part of that clan as well.

And the whole kiss mention thing, oh gah, noooo, Peter got it all wrong but again, I get what he was thinking because one day, Olivia was normal with him, then after that night, she found out about secret, then acted so weird around him so that's how he saw it and thought of that reason. But Olivia couldn't bring herself to correct it otherwise he would question her about why she was acting that way, so poor them. My heart broke for them even more than ever.

Peter inviting Olivia for the night and her declining the offer really broke my heart because she couldn't bring herself to be around him with that secret hanging all over her head like that. It sucks but poor them.

I love love love her conversation with Nina and how Nina could spot away without asking her anything and was so right about why Olivia was right there because she couldn't bear the thought of losing him and that Nina has to be the person to talk her out of it. SEE that's the point after that scene when Peter told her about feeling like a family with Walter, her, Astrid?, and then saying that he is so happy and never thought he would stay in ONE PLACE for long time, ever. So that's what scared her the most because if he knew that, family bonding he felt would be broken and he would of course disappear, but once again, it's all on what Olivia thinks or feels, you know, not Peter's, so...

I also love Olivia and Walter scenes by the end of the episode with her telling him that she's not going to tell him and leaves it alone and Walter realizes that he cant put it off forever and has to break it to him someway and has to deal with the consequences. Oh poor Walter because his relationship with Peter will never be the same. I wonder when the truth comes out, will Peter still call him dad and looks him as his "real father" and not other side? Will he still be in relationship with him, knowing that his father was on other side? Oooh that's gotta be good when this one comes out.

Love Nina and Broyles' scenes. And I loove when Olivia called Peter for help when that guy came to her apartment to kill her and whole him on speed dial melt my heart away. Her thanking him for showing up was def sweet thing to hear. That's at least normal scene where she doesn't act so weird or whatever but herself around him when things got so bad and they would get close and be grateful for each other.

Last edited by deep within me; 04-10-2010 at 11:09 PM
Old 04-11-2014, 07:28 AM
Master Fan

Topped for rewatch...also Josh's girlfriend, Diane, is in this episode.
Co-Host of The Bazinga Cast|"You belong with me." Olivia to Peter
Thanks to hilery00 for the icon!
Old 04-11-2014, 08:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I watched the last two episodes, so I'm ready for this week.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 04-12-2014, 07:46 AM
Obsessed Fan

Me, too -- still love Jacksonville episode the best, I think. The almost-kiss, the adrenaline rush, the big secret revealed... the perfect ep!
Old 04-12-2014, 07:53 AM
Master Fan

1 hr 7 mins to rewatch!

Edit: Starting!

Last edited by kbcountry37; 04-12-2014 at 09:00 AM
Old 04-12-2014, 08:58 AM
Obsessed Fan

I'm here - anyone else around for start in 2 mins?
Old 04-12-2014, 09:00 AM
Master Fan

There's Diane