Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-20-2008, 06:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

The Observer/Michael Cerveris #1: Can you spot him?

The Observer #1
can you spot him?

Just thought I'd start a thread on arguably the most intriguing and mysterious character on Fringe so far, The Observer. He's appeared in every single episode for at least a couple of seconds.

supporters

001. joy4jate
002. killed the lights
003. Addison Montgomery
004. BRoody
005. Rolfi Cole

Last edited by sofiab; 01-07-2011 at 07:56 AM
Old 10-20-2008, 07:06 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for this thread Carolina! I think we will have a lot to discuss on here. The Observer is a very mysterious guy.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't know that he's considered the main character on the show. I thought that he was just an extra for couple of episodes but never thought that he would be very important part of their storyline for most of episodes.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:55 PM
Elite Fan

^Well he's been in every episode thus far (even if just in the background) and he saved Walter/Peter from dying, so I would say his storyline is essential to the show. I don't know for sure, but I'm assuming we will see more of him as the show goes on.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

^That's true. I want to know what's the relationship between him and Walter since Walter had to owe him his son's and his life. I want to see the scenes of him with Walter together, what their encounter is like unlike the one he had with Peter which he basically attacked him. So I am curious and intrigued to find out more about that in next few episodes, if only they will show us that.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:34 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread

Yeah the observer is very mysterious, I don't know if he is a good guy or bad guy yet. He did save Peter's and Walter's life, but maybe he was supposed to save them for the future?
Old 10-20-2008, 09:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

^Well that's the thing that confuses me was that he shot Peter and taunted him about reading his mind so I dont know about whole saving his life thing. I hope, really hope that in next few episodes, they will explain the behind reason why he did that to Peter. He tortured him with what he did to him in the woods.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:52 PM
Master Fan

I think maybe the Observer trust's Walter more then anyone. He doesn't know who Peter is and Peter doesn't know who he is, so...I think that the the Observer was just being himself. He didn't attack Walter at the dinner, he had a conversation with him and trusted Walter with the cylinder.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, that could be possible, but he read his mind got me thinking maybe he knew about him. Like Walter said that he could read people's mind, even Peter's. But like you said that maybe he didn't know who he is since he grew up from the last time he rescued his life. I hope for more explantation later on in this season.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:57 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for this thread, Carolina!

I do think that The Observer is an important part both of The Path and of The Bishops' life. I'm really looking forward to find out what role he actually plays and why he is always there when something happens.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:10 AM
Supreme Fan

I have a feeling The Observer may need only Walter for some reason. It seems to me when he saved Walter and Peter, The Observer may have overstepped his bounds. Since he is known in Fringe's FBI circles as "The Observer" and we have witnessed him for the most part only observing as well, his saving Walter and Peter all those years ago actually took "action". Not likely something he should have done.

I am now intrigued as to why he took action again and attacked Peter in "The Arrival".
Old 10-21-2008, 10:47 AM
Part-Time Fan

Oooh, that's really interesting, Ten My Love. It sounds like there has to be a reason for him to actually take action when he sees Walter and Peter on the brink of death. I know it's a different show, but it brings me back to Lost, where there is a question of coincidence vs. fate, and whether or not certain events must happen in order for something else to occur. Do you think he was attacking Peter in The Arrival? Or was he just preventing something else from happening?
Also, in one of the Fringe blogs or forums, I read about someone mentioning The Observer Effect, and found a wikipedia entry on it: Observer effect (physics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) It says:
Quote:
In physics, the term observer effect refers to changes that the act of observation will make on the phenomenon being observed. This is often the result of instruments that, by necessity, alter the state of what they measure in some manner.
I wonder if he needs to witness these events in order for their outcome to remain the same... or something. I just gave myself a little headache, lol.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:26 PM
Elite Fan

^Hmm, interesting theory ....

I didn't spot him this episode. Did anyone happen to catch him?
Old 10-21-2008, 08:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

I missed him too, waiting for caps on one of the blogs...
Old 10-21-2008, 08:34 PM
Elite Fan

^Yeah I'm waiting for Fringe Televison to put up their easter eggs.