Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-06-2010, 02:55 AM
Elite Fan

"Northwest Passage" (2.20) - Episode Discussion

Episode 2.20 - "Northwest Passage"

PETER TEAMS WITH LOCAL AUTHORITIES ON A MYSTERIOUS MURDER CASE AND SOMEONE FROM THE “OTHER SIDE” PAYS A VISIT ON AN ALL-NEW “FRINGE” THURSDAY, MAY 6, ON FOX

Martha Plimpton (“Parenthood”) and Sebastian Roché (“General Hospital”) Guest-Stars

Peter teams up with a local law enforcement official, Sheriff Mathis (guest star Martha Plimpton), on a serial murder investigation with ties to Newton (guest star Sebastian Roché). Meanwhile, Walter copes with the possibility of being sent back to St. Claire’s, and someone from the “other side” pays a visit in the all-new “Northwest Passage” episode of FRINGE airing Thursday, May 6 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (FR-220)

Promo Pictures - 2.20

Old 05-06-2010, 07:54 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the thread, Sibs!
Old 05-06-2010, 03:59 PM
Elite Fan

You're welcome, Shanna!
Old 05-06-2010, 08:05 PM
Master Fan

amazing ep
Old 05-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Master Fan

Tonight was FANTASTIC! I'm so pleased with this very Josh/Peter-centric episode. He's such an amazing actor that it's wonderful to see him put to good use.

The ending was excellent and the previews for next week look unbelievable! But it was really awesome to see Peter work and show what an asset he is. I knew as soon as he put the headphones on that Newton was going to show up. I kept screaming at the TV for him to grab his gun and keep it close to him!

Walternate!!!!
Old 05-06-2010, 10:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

I knew it! I knew it, I knew it, I knew it! I knew he was behind it all!
Old 05-07-2010, 01:47 AM
Passionate Fan

"Here he is, Mr. Secretary!!!"
Old 05-07-2010, 02:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Pikachu (View Post)
I knew it! I knew it, I knew it, I knew it! I knew he was behind it all!
same
Old 05-07-2010, 02:57 AM
Obsessed Fan

Another great episode! Good to see a Peter-centric episode after the last few. I like that they played Peter as more lost than just angry or bitter. He's always struggled with fitting into the world, but I guess this just made that feeling about 1000x worse. I really enjoyed the care and affection both Olivia and Astrid have for Walter too, it was such a nice touch. Overall very happy with the episode but next week's look frekin' amazing!
Old 05-07-2010, 04:49 AM
Passionate Fan

I think it's safe to say that last week's episode has been redeemed (lol!)
Old 05-07-2010, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Did anyone see the trailer for the first part of the finale?!

Spoiler:
Old 05-07-2010, 10:59 AM
Elite Fan

OMG WALTERNATE! That was a great episode. I'm really glad there was finally an episode dedicated to Peter. I loved that in the end Peter was right, that it was Newton. Astrid/Walter were really cute in this ep too, she really cared for him.

BUT OMG NEXT WEEK! It looks intenseeeee I cannot wait!
Old 05-08-2010, 06:16 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I loved that in the end Peter was right, that it was Newton. Astrid/Walter were really cute in this ep too, she really cared for him.
Was he, though? I thought that weird guy had killed all the girls for fun...

All in all, GREAT episode! Peter deserved to have one centered around him, I loved Josh so much in this episode

Walter broke my heart a little, and WTF, WALTERNATE!

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
Old 05-09-2010, 11:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

OMFG! That was kinda intense espeically with the ending part, lol.

I love that this episode shows a lot of Peter's scenes, so awesome! And I also love that he's thinking just like his father when it comes to crime. He talks almost like his dad, thinks like him, analysis those clues like his dad, lol. He might be furious with him, but his dad is already part of him no matter what.

So anyways, I was so shocked when it showed Walternate walking in to see him and that Newton is working for him. So does that mean Walternate is a bad guy? I mean he went OUT of his way that includes killing innocent people, taking out piece of their brain that's linked to Peter's whereabouts, just to find Peter? I couldn't believe that Walternate would do that by killing people just to get answers and not to mention Charlie?! He was dead because of that reason, urgh. So I wonder if that guy is bad as well so that means Peter would be so furious and turns his back on him because that's not kind of father he would want to have a relationship with, you know.

Olivia finally found out about Peter's location so she's heading there with Walter, so I take it it'll be a HUGEEE drama between them and the alternate people? Yikes.

So I hope next week, we'll have more answers for that. And the promo, omg, Olivia is soooo badass! I love her brunette hair and she's so badass! Peter reunited with his mother?! Awww. That's so sweet. Can't wait to watch it!
Old 05-10-2010, 12:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheming Star (View Post)
OMFG! That was kinda intense espeically with the ending part, lol.

I love that this episode shows a lot of Peter's scenes, so awesome! And I also love that he's thinking just like his father when it comes to crime. He talks almost like his dad, thinks like him, analysis those clues like his dad, lol. He might be furious with him, but his dad is already part of him no matter what.

So anyways, I was so shocked when it showed Walternate walking in to see him and that Newton is working for him. So does that mean Walternate is a bad guy? I mean he went OUT of his way that includes killing innocent people, taking out piece of their brain that's linked to Peter's whereabouts, just to find Peter? I couldn't believe that Walternate would do that by killing people just to get answers and not to mention Charlie?! He was dead because of that reason, urgh. So I wonder if that guy is bad as well so that means Peter would be so furious and turns his back on him because that's not kind of father he would want to have a relationship with, you know.

Olivia finally found out about Peter's location so she's heading there with Walter, so I take it it'll be a HUGEEE drama between them and the alternate people? Yikes.

So I hope next week, we'll have more answers for that. And the promo, omg, Olivia is soooo badass! I love her brunette hair and she's so badass! Peter reunited with his mother?! Awww. That's so sweet. Can't wait to watch it!
I think this whole thing has been Walternate's plan from the beginning. The fact that he's "Mr. Secretary" probably means that he's in a position of great official power from which to direct the offensive against our universe. And if, in fact, it was Walter's crossing over that led to the breaking down of the barrier between the two universes, and the blight suffered in the AR, then everyone in the AR probably feels he's justified in attacking our universe. Plus there was revenge for our Walter's taking Peter. I wonder if Walternate or Peter will find out that Peter would have died if not for Walter's actions, and if Walternate will soften if he finds out that he missed Peter's cure, and it was only Walter that saved his life.

I can't wait to see what alt-Olivia is like! Probably even more hardened than our Olivia. I also wonder if she'll try to get with Peter. I suspect Peter, in his current state of mind, will be strongly tempted to join forces with Walternate and his native universe against ours, and that it only be our Olivia that brings him back.

ETA: Remember that to Walternate, the Charlie that was killed was the "other" Charlie, not his. And he didn't give specific orders to kill Charlie, it was just something the shapeshifter soldier did on his own. I just wonder how our Olivia will react to seeing the other Charlie...