Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-26-2009, 11:36 PM
Elite Fan

"The No-Brainer" (1.12) Episode Discussion

Episode 1.12: "The No-Brainer"

A COMPUTER SCIENTIST-TURNED-SERIAL KILLER HAS DISCOVERED AN UNCONVENTIONAL METHOD TO KILL PEOPLE ON "FRINGE" TUESDAY, JANUARY 27, ON FOX

Olivia, Walter and Peter are called in to investigate the death of a car salesman who was found in a pool of "goo," exactly like another man across the country. When Walter discovers that the "goo" is brain matter, the trio tries to figure out how the killer can liquefy human brains. As the deaths pile up, the investigation reveals a common thread linking the victims together in an unthinkable manner. Meanwhile, Olivia is horrified when the case places a loved one in harm's way in the all-new "The No-Brainer" episode of FRINGE airing Tuesday, Jan. 27

Old 01-27-2009, 12:01 PM
Elite Fan

Thank you so much for the thread!
Old 01-27-2009, 12:44 PM
Ultimate Fan

Its airing tonight. I have a class tonight so I won't be able to see it when the show airs, thank goodness for DVR's. Should be good.
Sabrina/Harvey Shipper-STW. Jeff/Annie-Community. Chuck/Sarah Shipper-Chuck. Sam/Freddie shipper-iCarly. Jessi/Kyle Shipper-Kyle XY. Olivier/Lilly shipper-HM. Chad/Sonny shipper-SWAC. Joe/Stella shipper-Jonas series. Ash/Dawn shipper-Pokemon. StevexDj shipper.
Chuck fan. Kyle XY fan.SmallVillefan.Harry Potter fan.
Peter fan girl.Zac Efron fan girl. P.J fan girl. Chuck fan girl.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:40 PM
Ultimate Fan

Yay, thanks for starting Shan! I don't have work tonight, so I actually get to watch it when it airs, hee.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:36 PM
Elite Fan

I liked this episode, it wasn't one of my favs sci-fi wise, but I still liked it. This case wasn't connected to The Pattern, right? It was just some random dude.

Anyway, the Peter/Olivia stuff was GAH great. That last scene? *is dead* I liked how Walter talked to Carla's mother. I'm glad he got closure on it too. I understand where Peter was coming from though, at first I didn't know how Walter would react, but he was perfectly fine. Walter is the shizzle.

I have a feeling this Harris guy isn't going away. I think this storyline of him investigating Olivia is going to become the main focus soon. I'm glad Broyles got her back though. He has serous connections and can totally protect Olivia if need be.

The promo for next week looks really interesting. I wonder those people are that want to shoot Peter and Olivia? I have a feeling it might have to do with Peter and the people who are after him, but I have no idea.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Yeah I don't think this case had really all that much to do with the Pattern given the villain of the episode and the villain's motive. He may had learned his skills from somewhere Pattern-related but we'll never know.

I love the addition of the Carla-Walter storyline in the mix. I didn't think they would approach it the way they did but it really keeps the mytharc of the series going in some form at least.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:48 PM
Elite Fan

I enjoyed tonight's episode but it wasn't the best. The Sci-Fi story had to do with it. But, I loved seeing a True Blood actor on the show. And ofcourse, Grams!!! I love that Josh had a scene with her, too.

So, week 2 and the sister has not come out as "evil" persay. But, she does fancy Peter. But, I guess this was bound to happen eventually. How much can we hate on that?! I mean, we know Peter/Olivia aren't getting together for a long while, so all we can do is enjoy the subtle moments, like tonight's end scene. Love that he was drunk!
Old 01-28-2009, 12:38 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
But, she does fancy Peter.
Yeah dude, can Rachel stay away from him? I saw the way she looked at him, no no. I really hope they don't go there with a Peter/Dunham sister triangle.

BUT SQUEEE! I'm still not over the P/O scene <3
Old 01-28-2009, 12:57 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by no limits (View Post)
And ofcourse, Grams!!! I love that Josh had a scene with her, too.
Eee, I had such a DC flashback! I totally didn't know she was going to guest star, and squeed loudly when I saw her. I liked that they had a scene together, too!

I definitely enjoyed tonight's episode! The P/O and P/W were absolutely adorable, and I liked that this wasn't that heavy of an episode. I mean, I love when they try to figure out the impossible, but it was nice to have a lighter mystery. An see more of Olivia's family! And I'm definitely not digging this Harris dude. He needs to back off.

The promo for next week looks crazy though! I'm interested to see what/who they're after and why they want to kill PO. Hmm.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:33 AM
Master Fan

I dunno.....I wasn't too impressed by this epi. The main plot was so-so, not too exciting. There were some nice shipper moments, but after all it felt more like a filler episode. Which isn't entirely bad since we all know that there have to be a few fillers every now and then, for every show, in every season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killed the lights (View Post)
Yeah dude, can Rachel stay away from him? I saw the way she looked at him, no no. I really hope they don't go there with a Peter/Dunham sister triangle.
It certainly looked like they will, IMO.....
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:12 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
I enjoyed tonight's episode but it wasn't the best. The Sci-Fi story had to do with it. But, I loved seeing a True Blood actor on the show. And ofcourse, Grams!!! I love that Josh had a scene with her, too.

So, week 2 and the sister has not come out as "evil" persay. But, she does fancy Peter. But, I guess this was bound to happen eventually. How much can we hate on that?! I mean, we know Peter/Olivia aren't getting together for a long while, so all we can do is enjoy the subtle moments, like tonight's end scene. Love that he was drunk!
ROLF I'd consider her evil for being intrested in Peter
She's interfearing with O/P but maybe it will bring out some jealousy from Olivia if that happens. I really loved the episode, best bits were the shippy moments between O/P YAYz.
Sabrina/Harvey Shipper-STW. Jeff/Annie-Community. Chuck/Sarah Shipper-Chuck. Sam/Freddie shipper-iCarly. Jessi/Kyle Shipper-Kyle XY. Olivier/Lilly shipper-HM. Chad/Sonny shipper-SWAC. Joe/Stella shipper-Jonas series. Ash/Dawn shipper-Pokemon. StevexDj shipper.
Chuck fan. Kyle XY fan.SmallVillefan.Harry Potter fan.
Peter fan girl.Zac Efron fan girl. P.J fan girl. Chuck fan girl.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:18 AM
Loyal Fan

Here's my theory on where I think they're going with the love triangle business...

I don't think there will REALLY be one per say. They're still going to do the slow burn with Peter/Olivia. So it's quite possible that Peter/Rachel will hook up but I don't think will get much of a jealous response out of Olivia as much as we'll get a "okay, weird" response. (Meanwhile Walter is going to want to hit his son in the head with something cause he picked the sister over Olivia ) I think that Peter/Rachel will be brief though and then afterwards they break up because of something serious going on with the mytharc that conflicts things...give it some time later and P/O goodness abound!
Old 01-28-2009, 10:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
And ofcourse, Grams!!! I love that Josh had a scene with her, too.
I was really excited to see Josh and Mary Beth back together and I was definately not let down. It was a great scene.

Quote:
I saw the way she looked at him, no no. I really hope they don't go there with a Peter/Dunham sister triangle.
Man what is with writers and love triangles? They make me want to poke them in the eyes. Olivia's sister may as well have jumped into Peter's lap in last night's ep because she wanted to. It will be more than a little annoying if they get together, no matter how brief it might be.

And the Olivia/Walter interactions were amusing. Like in the beginning, when he gave her the little speech about safe sex. Great
Old 01-28-2009, 05:16 PM
Master Fan

This wasn't my favorite episode, however, it did allow for more Peter screen time and the return of Joshua Jackson and Mary Beth Peil (Grams on Dawson's Creek)!

I felt that the 'googling eyes' of Rachel and Peter was a little heavy handed and I wasn't really feeling it.

Not to mention that I thought the episode had some lackluster scenes, but maybe they are more filler to a bigger purpose? We haven't seen anything related to Massive Dynamics or John Scott recently.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:30 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy (View Post)

Not to mention that I thought the episode had some lackluster scenes, but maybe they are more filler to a bigger purpose? We haven't seen anything related to Massive Dynamics or John Scott recently.
I know but I'm sure they are still around and are gonna play their next move when we least expect it.