Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2009, 12:18 AM
Supreme Fan

Excellent, excellent episode! The best since the season opener.

Obviously we all noticed that Rebecca recognized something different about Peter. Anyone notice the glaring light behind him as she looked at him?

Also, thought it was very interesting that Olivia's flashbacks to her meeting with Bell really came about while she was watching Peter come toward her. Hm. Her memories from the other side coincided with Peter walking toward her because he's from there.

Not so fast re. all your goodbyes to Charlie... there's still AU Charlie that hasn't made a definite reappearance. As a matter of fact, I believe we did see AU Charlie in this ep. And he's still alive.

Only got a chance to watch it once. Don't know when I'll have the chance to watch it again. I just know I've missed tons of stuff.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:13 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
As a matter of fact, I believe we did see AU Charlie in this ep
Really?! Where was he?!
Old 10-11-2009, 03:48 AM
Passionate Fan

I didn't either (see Scarlie.) Did we miss it? I saw The Observer though!
Old 10-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

I finally had time to watch Fringe this morning! OMFG! This episode has to be one of the BEST one ever. I just couldn't stop watching till to the end. It's just so amazing. So incredible. I love it! I think this one is offically my fave with some other episodes as well.

Anyways, I love how Peter was so protective of Olivia's memory stuff when Walter told him about worms stuff, yuck. But Olivia shocked them all by drinking them all, lol. Such a feisty and strong woman she is. Of course she would do that anyways.

Her conversation with Williams Bell is so amazing. It's very interesting conversation about almost everything. So amazing. I am glad that they revealed almost everything to us because I thought they would put it off till next episode or whatever, but I am so glad that everything is out in the open. I love feisty Olivia when she told him off that she doesn't care what his name is, Williams, Willium, whatever cutey nicknames he has from her, she still doesn't trust him. Oooh! Feisty Olivia is the best! I love how she always manages to defend herself or her beliefs despite if she knew them or didn't remember them from her childhood, but she managed to stick up for herself. So that's so awesome!

I also love the scene between Peter and Olivia's conversation about the movies so that's so cool since they don't usually talk about other things but this case, this case, and this case. So at least they talked about general stuff and Peter used that line to tell her to open up to him anytime so that was lovely.

Ooh I forgot to add that I was smiling from ear to ear when William told Olivia the special quote that Peter happens to know personally and that she should tell it to him since he is supposed to be right by her side and that she needs him by her side. Made me so happy. And Williams and Walter so need some scenes together because of course they had a long history about their work so I am so curious what they are like working together when they get the chance.

And last time, omfg, Charlie?! I am so sad that he's gone and is done. I am so going to miss him so much! Watching season one would be so much hard for me knowing that he won't be in season two or the rest anymore. *sigh* And the hardest part was Olivia had to shoot him right in the face? Unbelieveable considering how she had a long history with him, working together, helping each other through their problems, etc. Not to mention last season one when Charlie had some problem in his body, Olivia and Charlie had a great moment right there, their "bonding" moment, you know. So I can't imagine Olivia feeling that she HAD to shoot him when she fully knows that it's not real Charlie but to see his face like that she had to kill him. Poor girl had been through enough.

I am glad that she and Boyles talked about Charlie and how he reassurced her that it wasn't real Charlie but a fake so she had to kill him and she did right thing. She must be so torn about that but she knew that it wasn't real him, the real one was already dead few weeks ago anyways.

So I also like Nina and Olivia's scenes, they had amazing conversations so I hope they work together more this time.

So far, I seem to like almost a lot of scenes, I guess. That's probably why I said this one has to be my favorite episode except Charlie's parts, of course.
Old 10-11-2009, 01:31 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I saw The Observer though!
I saw him too this time!
Old 10-11-2009, 09:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addison Montgomery (View Post)
I saw him too this time!
GAH I STILL missed him. I'm so bad at this.

Raddy, great post! I loved how much we found out about The Pattern, and everything this past episode. I love the episodes that deal with the overall storyline rather than the fillers.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

A couple of things...

Kudos to everyone involved for the Olivia/Fake!Charlie climax. It was especially difficult considering how old this device is (it goes back at least as far as the ancient Kevin Costner movie No Way Out) and how obvious the setup was—the instant the MD tech guy said that Olivia could watch the reconstruction live, you just knew exactly how the reveal would be timed out. The fact that it came off brilliantly in spite of that is a mark of superior writing and acting.

I am a little puzzled about the thing that inspired the episode's title—the deferred momentum. Bell told Olivia that he plucked her out of a moving car, which is true...but unless there was some time slippage in the S1 finale that we didn't see, it was a moving elevator car which couldn't have been moving that fast, even if it was an express. So I'm guessing—the idea was that since she was in motion when she was transported over to the other side, they would send her back into something that was also moving (the SUV)? Except that the shapeshifter crashed into it, so that when Olivia came back through, the car was no longer moving (resulting in her going flying through the windshield)? Does that make sense?
Old 10-13-2009, 07:49 AM
Elite Fan

^Pika, that does make sense, but I think Olivia was taken out of the car, and not the elevator. Like after the finale I thought it was the elevator too, but the season 2 premiere changed my mind. I think she was taken out of the car, and was just adjusting to the new reality in the elevator, that's when we saw all the glimpses of people there and not there and such.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:06 AM
Supreme Fan

Actually, William Bell did pluck Olivia from her moving SUV. We didn't "see" this, of course, so all of us did think that the elevator was the place that Bell took her from. When she came back to this world she returned via the SUV. The writers fooled us into thinking Olivia had avoided the crash, but if you go back and listen to the episode, you can actually hear the crash at the moment of impact. Instead we SEE Olivia swerve away.

But, understand one thing also, that if Walter, in his investigation of Olivia's empty car at the scene of the crash, had not unlocked the seatbelt, Olivia would not have suffered such devastating injuries. He actually caused her to be thrown through the windshield!

As for Charlie in "Deferred Momentum", I haven't had a chance to watch the episode a second time, so I'd have to confirm that what I saw was Alter-Charlie. Did anyone else catch some sort of time slip that didn't match the logical location of SS Charlie? I missed The Observer again. I don't think I even look for him anymore!
Old 10-13-2009, 02:39 PM
Master Fan

Side note: Can I start the next episode thread?
Old 10-13-2009, 06:55 PM
Elite Fan

^Haha sure thing Mandy! I get bored since I don't have classes in the mornings so if one isn't started I do it. But yup, you sure can!
Old 10-13-2009, 06:57 PM
Extreme Fan

Ten my Love, apparently the Observer was watching Olivia as she came out of the Massive Dynamics building toward the end of the episode. Hope I got that right.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiechic (View Post)
Ten my Love, apparently the Observer was watching Olivia as she came out of the Massive Dynamics building toward the end of the episode. Hope I got that right.
You're right. You could see the back of his head in an extreme close out with the camera.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:00 AM
Elite Fan

I haven't spotted The Observer once this season. It's bad.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:59 AM
Master Fan

Topped for the rewatch!
Co-Host of The Bazinga Cast|"You belong with me." Olivia to Peter
Thanks to hilery00 for the icon!