Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-09-2010, 04:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

"Marionette" (3.09) - Episode Discussion

Episode 3.09 - "Marionette"

Original Airdate: December 9th 2010

When the Fringe Team investigates a case where a victim had his heart extracted, it’s just the beginning of a series of mysterious and reanimating events tied together. Meanwhile, Peter comes to terms with the reality of his relationship with Olivia.

Cast: Anna Torv as Olivia Dunham; Joshua Jackson as Peter Bishop; John Noble as Walter Bishop; Lance Reddick as Phillip Broyles; Blair Brown as Nina Sharp; Jasika Nicole as Astrid Farnsworth

Guest Cast: Mark Ivanir as The Gentleman; Anja Savcic as Amanda Walsh; Michael Bean as Grant Russo; Michael Coleman as Ben Killenburg; Barbara Tyson as Mrs. Walsh; Genevieve Buechner as Tabatha; Elizabeth McLaughlin as Dr. Alexandra Ross

Director: Joe Chapelle
Writers: Monica Owusu-Breen and Alison Schapker
Shoot Dates: October 8-20

Promos/Trailers

YouTube - Fringe309Preview (FOX Promo 1)
YouTube - Fringe 3x09 HD Preview #2 (FOX Promo 2)
YouTube - Fringe - Canadian Promo 309: Marionette (Canadian / Citytv Promo)
YouTube - Fringe & Bones 309 "Marionette" Promo (Bones & Fringe FOX Promo)
YouTube - Fringe - Sneak Peek 309: Marionette (Sneak Peek: “Peter & Walter”)
YouTube - FRINGE - Sneak Peek of "Marionette" airing 12/9! (Sneak Peek / BTS Scenemaker)

Promotional Pictures

Old 12-09-2010, 09:01 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread, Sofia! Last episode before the hiatus...

Can't wait for tonight, though. It looks great!
Old 12-09-2010, 11:30 AM
Dedicated Fan

eagerly counting down the hours! Thanks for the post!
Old 12-09-2010, 11:17 PM
Elite Fan

I really liked it. Definitely felt like the older episodes, but there were threads of the newer feel (all-encompassing arc).

I thought the ending was great. I really felt for Olivia, and think her reactions were spot on. Can't wait to see how she'll be in future eps.

The reanimation stuff was creepy as hell, and the ballet dance was damn right cinematic. This show better not leave TV any time soon
Old 12-10-2010, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, it was such an intense episode.

I really felt for Olivia the whole time, poor thing she can't even sleep in her own bed without feeling violated. I hate Alt!Olivia even more now.

The case was creepy, like super super creepy.
The odd contrast between the ferocity of his action and his "gentleness" and politeness was almost disturbing.

Walter was back at his old days of glory, he had me on the floor the whole time

Astrid's speech to Olivia was so precious

But the end broke my heart
It was like Olivia was speaking for all of us

Another observer? And apparently he doesn't like the fact that "he still lives".
Old 12-10-2010, 11:39 AM
Obsessed Fan

ARGH! I couldn't believe it, when the episode was over. That was way too short! I'm going to DIE because of this hiatus from hell.

WHOA, poor Olivia! I felt really bad for her and I wish Broyles had acted on his concerns and forced her to deal with her very obvious PTSD first. And then she had to handle the truth about Fauxlivia and Peter. That's too much for anyone.

I'm very happy that Peter told her he truth. He did the right thing, although he couldn't help hurting her. Keeping the truth from her would have been worse, though.

I'm still creeped out by dancing corpse. I won't forget that one easily.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:48 AM
New Fan

But, but, but Peter and Olivia are supposed to be together!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOOOO!!! WHY??!?!!!!!!!

Walter can't die!! Fringe has far too many hiatuses to leave us hanging like this!
Old 12-10-2010, 12:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ale-la-pazza1 (View Post)
Another observer? And apparently he doesn't like the fact that "he still lives".
I saw that scene and i assumed that he was just stating facts, not upset that both of the bishops were still alive. Peter was saved for a reason and Walter is the genius so i don't see them dieing at all.
Rupert hardly speaks. You're lucky to get anything out of him these days, he just has a wicked sense of humor and he's very eccentric and very unique in the way that he does things. He's like a big kid. I feel like he'll never grow up, which I love.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:49 AM
Banned

I haven't seen the episode but was there any "awkwardness" between Olivia and Walter? I mean, she does have to work with the men who experimented on her not once but twice. Walter's face was the one she saw shut off the lights and leave her in a cell, his face was the one who looked at her with hatred in The abducted.

I wonder why she isn't giving Walter a piece of her mind.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:27 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshandChristinaCursed (View Post)
I haven't seen the episode but was there any "awkwardness" between Olivia and Walter? I mean, she does have to work with the men who experimented on her not once but twice. Walter's face was the one she saw shut off the lights and leave her in a cell, his face was the one who looked at her with hatred in The abducted.

I'm curious - about what do you think she should give Walter a piece of her mind? She already has confronted him on many accounts about the experiments he did on children. And ironically, it's the information about the experiments that he did on her as a child and other information that actually ended up saved her life and allowed her to transfer back over to our universe in Entrada. Not that I'm saying that excuses what he did but because she knows about all of this stuff now, she was able to use it to save her life. Plus, she knows that Walter isn't Walternate.

There was a little awkwardness when she first saw Walter and Peter in the episode, but that might have been more about seeing Peter. And she was having to explain why she was back on the job so soon so that could have been it as well.

♥ Please, you couldn't handle it...Perhaps you're the one who couldn't handle it ♥
~ Mary ~ Icon
Old 12-11-2010, 10:57 AM
Banned

I am saying that olivia should not be too upset with Peter since he got duped by AltOlivia when she also got duped by Walter's double.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

She was actually smiling and amused with Walter the first time she saw him.

Like Olivia said she knows THE FACTS, she also had a scene with Astrid and didn't show any ill feelings towards her so knowing Olivia she is capable if separating the facts from her emotions in everyones case expect Peters. The one person she can't use logic at this point it's Peter, everyone else she can compartmentalise IMO.

Also why do you think she would be giving Walter a piece of her mind? She already confronted him about his experiments and she knows that Walter isn't Walternate so i'm very curious about that.
Rupert hardly speaks. You're lucky to get anything out of him these days, he just has a wicked sense of humor and he's very eccentric and very unique in the way that he does things. He's like a big kid. I feel like he'll never grow up, which I love.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:41 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I am saying that olivia should not be too upset with Peter since he got duped by AltOlivia when she also got duped by Walter's double.
Olivia was more than duped. She had her mind reprogrammed against her will to become altOlivia. Everything she knew from her life was replaced with altOlivia's life, memories, emotions, etc. I think this is the reason why she is so hurt by Peter's actions. Even in her subconscious her connect to Peter was so strong that her mind used him to remember who she was. To me that shows how strong her feelings for Peter had become. Peter on the other hand, who was under no other outside influence besides a "vagenda" LOL couldn't see this wasn't his Olivia. I think that is what Olivia is so hurt about. I think she is questioning why his connect to her wasn't strong enough to see thru altOlivia. It might seem unfair and idealistic but I can understand it. Therefore, I don't blame her for being upset right now.

♥ Please, you couldn't handle it...Perhaps you're the one who couldn't handle it ♥
~ Mary ~ Icon
Old 12-11-2010, 01:56 PM
Banned

i wonder if all Olivia wants is "Perfect Peter". The guy who can do no wrong, the guy who can see through fake impostors, etc.

That's clearly what the audience wants and since Peter is not that way, he is a horrible human being.