Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-17-2016, 11:36 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I wonder if anyone ever did a crossover where William was actually a girl - Etta - who was adopted by Peter and Olivia. That would be very bizarre.
Never seen a one like that!
Old 03-21-2016, 06:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Have a nice week
Old 03-22-2016, 04:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks! You too
Old 03-22-2016, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Spring has sprung and the pollen is on the rise!

~Heidi
Old 03-26-2016, 12:49 PM
Elite Fan

Not for us yet. It being Easter break we have howling winds and torrential rain. British summer time is officially here tomorrow morning at 2.22. The clocks go forward so that makes it lighter in the evening but tonight is an hour shorter. It's a good job none of us have to be anywhere tomorrow and Monday is a bank holiday so nowhere to go then either.

I have been laid low with a really bad cough which I think may be a chest infection but as the doctor's surgeries will be closed until Tuesday I will have to self medicate. I wish Walter was here to concoct something to take my mind off it, and help me get some sleep.
Old 03-26-2016, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry to hear about the cough. I hope you find something to make you feel better.

Here in the US - at least where I live - we have what they call 'urgent care' clinics that you can just walk in without an appointment when you have something like that. Most are open on Saturdays and some even on Sundays and holidays. They are something less than an emergency room, but they can take care of minor injuries and ailments and provide prescriptions. Many even have X-Ray machines and other modest diagnostic equipment. A couple of drug store chains also have what they call a 'minute clinic' where you can see a nurse practitioner for stuff like that as well and most of those are open every day. Curiously, it's actually a reaction to the bizarre state of health insurance in the US. The trend was started by health insurance companies that realized they were paying huge money for people to go to emergency rooms for coughs and colds because that was the only medical assistance that was available during off hours.

~Heidi
Old 03-26-2016, 01:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Sorry to hear about the cough. I hope you find something to make you feel better.

Here in the US - at least where I live - we have what they call 'urgent care' clinics that you can just walk in without an appointment when you have something like that. Most are open on Saturdays and some even on Sundays and holidays. They are something less than an emergency room, but they can take care of minor injuries and ailments and provide prescriptions. Many even have X-Ray machines and other modest diagnostic equipment. A couple of drug store chains also have what they call a 'minute clinic' where you can see a nurse practitioner for stuff like that as well and most of those are open every day. Curiously, it's actually a reaction to the bizarre state of health insurance in the US. The trend was started by health insurance companies that realized they were paying huge money for people to go to emergency rooms for coughs and colds because that was the only medical assistance that was available during off hours.
We have got out of hours clinics but you have to be referred to them by ringing an emergency number and I don't think I feel like going out and sitting in a clinic feeling like this. Last week I had to take my son to A&E with a numb hand. He had fallen asleep on it but it just didn't recover on it's own so we had to wait 2 hours to see a doctor so I have had enough of waiting around in hospitals. My cough is not quite so bad now but at it's worst I couldn't have left the house I felt so ill. I will go on Tuesday morning at 8am when the surgery opens and just wait to see the doctor on call. Hopefully they will up my Asthma meds or prescribe something to alleviate the cough or hopefully antibiotics if there is infection there.
Old 03-26-2016, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know what you mean. The only problem with any of those options is that the last thing you want to do when you're feeling sick is to get dressed, drive to wherever, go through all the paper and sit for what can be hours in an uncomfortable chair waiting to see someone. By the time you get home from all that, you feel twice as bad.

~Heidi
Old 03-27-2016, 08:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

icon credit: crash landing
Old 03-28-2016, 04:45 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I know what you mean. The only problem with any of those options is that the last thing you want to do when you're feeling sick is to get dressed, drive to wherever, go through all the paper and sit for what can be hours in an uncomfortable chair waiting to see someone. By the time you get home from all that, you feel twice as bad.
Exactly! I'll trust my own body to fight it off itself, with help from manuka honey and the odd hot toddy!
Old 04-06-2016, 04:36 PM
Elite Fan

Feeling better now. Will come back tomorrow to look at the new entries but now it is bedtime.
Old 04-10-2016, 11:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Glad you're feeling better!

A local police department has been posting "Missing Season" notices on Facebook:

Quote:
Detectives from the Montgomery County Police Department are asking for the public’s help to locate Spring.

Spring was last seen leaving Maryland last year as Summer arrived. Spring had well-known plans to return to Maryland at this time this year but she has not yet been seen. The Montgomery County Police Department has checked with law enforcement agencies in other parts of the Country who have also not seen Spring this year.
It's been trending so much that a bunch of local news stations are posting news items about the "search".

I hope they find Spring. Summer's been here and Winter just came back for a quick visit, but we haven't seen anything of Spring in months.

~Heidi
Old 04-13-2016, 02:39 PM
Elite Fan

I think we have lost or at least misplaced Spring too. Lets hope we don't lose summer as well We seem to have one long rainy season now, sometimes cold sometimes warm but never red hot or really cold.
Old 04-13-2016, 02:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
I think we have lost or at least misplaced Spring too. Lets hope we don't lose summer as well We seem to have one long rainy season now, sometimes cold sometimes warm but never red hot or really cold.
Lately we seem to pop from the Arctic right to the Equator with no real Spring in between. Although they are saying this week will be mostly pleasant and sunny with temps around 65 (18C), so I guess that might constitute Spring. Maybe the Police found it???

~Heidi
Old 04-13-2016, 02:50 PM
Elite Fan

Please, send a bit over here! At least no frost as the blossom is out on the plum tree and we don't want it killed off by frost. Also the bees don't come out in the cold so no pollination either! Which in turn means no plum jam in the autumn which will mean a very grumpy Mr. LWS all winter.