Old 12-27-2015, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Have a nice week, everyone
Old 12-28-2015, 06:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Wishing you the same and a great new week
Old 12-29-2015, 03:51 PM
Elite Fan

We had a great time at Huddersfield. It was so nice watching the children opening their presents and one of the dads dressed up as Santa - but his little daughter was too frightened to take a present from him so her cousin had to pass it to her. She didn't recognise her own dad. but she's only 3 so it is not surprising.
Old 12-30-2015, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Christmas is so much fun with kids in the house I was bummed my nephew wasn't here this year
Old 12-31-2015, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I miss having kids around at Christmas. Everyone in my family is grown and the youngest generation is still too young to be procreating yet.

~Heidi
Old 01-01-2016, 08:31 AM
Elite Fan

Well my own son hasn't got a girlfriend so Grandchildren are a long way off yet - unless some random girl he met on holiday comes around carrying a bundle of joy of course! My sister and brother haven't any kids so we rely on cousins on both sides of the family for children.

I have 2 nephews from my husband's sister but they are grown up and living in Italy and have no children of their own as they are too bust jet-setting around the world to settle down and start a family. The last we heard the eldest was in the Far East with his wife, as posted on facebook.
Old 01-02-2016, 12:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I have three nephews, two are my brother's and one is my sister's, but all of them live too far away from us I haven't even been able to actually meet my youngest nephew yet, and probably only will at his first birthday party.
Old 01-02-2016, 05:55 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Khaleesi~ (View Post)
I have three nephews, two are my brother's and one is my sister's, but all of them live too far away from us I haven't even been able to actually meet my youngest nephew yet, and probably only will at his first birthday party.
We haven't seen either of our nephews since they were children as we lost touch for years (my husbands sister's choice, not ours), and only got back in contact through the oldest one's wife who looked my son up on facebook.

We are hoping to go to Italy later this year to see them but that will really depend on them.
Old 01-02-2016, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm on the point where I'm tired of kids
Old 01-03-2016, 10:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Why Betty?
Old 01-04-2016, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey guys. I have an idea for a new Game. It's similar to Word Association and actually it's called "Word Association with a Twist". We have this on the Dawson's Creek Board and it is kind of fun. The concept of it is for someone to post a word (or 2) and the next person clarifies the association/significance of that word with the show. There can be several different answers, so it doesn't matter which one the poster was thinking of because any of them are right.

For example: "Butterfly" is the word posted and the next person could say "one of Fringe's Glyphs" or "man was attacked by butterflies" or "September had a picture of a Butterfly on his wall". Any of those are true.

Anyway, I'm having fun with it and it's something different, so thought I would suggest it here. I think this kind of game would work best with TV shows.

If you want to pop over and have a look at how we are doing it to get more familiar, here is the link to the Thread. http://www.fanforum.com/f10/dawsons-...ctor-63106636/

icon credit: crash landing
Old 01-04-2016, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
Hey guys. I have an idea for a new Game. It's similar to Word Association and actually it's called "Word Association with a Twist". We have this on the Dawson's Creek Board and it is kind of fun. The concept of it is for someone to post a word (or 2) and the next person clarifies the association/significance of that word with the show. There can be several different answers, so it doesn't matter which one the poster was thinking of because any of them are right.

For example: "Butterfly" is the word posted and the next person could say "one of Fringe's Glyphs" or "man was attacked by butterflies" or "September had a picture of a Butterfly on his wall". Any of those are true.

Anyway, I'm having fun with it and it's something different, so thought I would suggest it here. I think this kind of game would work best with TV shows.

If you want to pop over and have a look at how we are doing it to get more familiar, here is the link to the Thread. http://www.fanforum.com/f10/dawsons-...ctor-63106636/
I approve! This game is also played over on The Big Bang Theory board, and it's quite a bit of fun.

I'm also thinking of starting a Survivor of sorts - but one that is a bit easier on the feelings, and more like a game. It doesn't have a good name yet, but the idea is that you select several representative instances of something - like the Polivia Kiss Survivor we did last year. But instead of voting off instances until "the favorite" remains, you come up with several superlative attributes - Most Romantic, Funniest, Most Awkward, Sweetest - like that. Then you go through each of the attributes and vote on which instance fits the attribute best.

~Heidi

Last edited by FoxPhile; 01-04-2016 at 02:46 PM
Old 01-05-2016, 03:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I approve! This game is also played over on The Big Bang Theory board, and it's quite a bit of fun.

I'm also thinking of starting a Survivor of sorts - but one that is a bit easier on the feelings, and more like a game. It doesn't have a good name yet, but the idea is that you select several representative instances of something - like the Polivia Kiss Survivor we did last year. But instead of voting off instances until "the favorite" remains, you come up with several superlative attributes - Most Romantic, Funniest, Most Awkward, Sweetest - like that. Then you go through each of the attributes and vote on which instance fits the attribute best.
I am always in favour of a new game or idea for a new Thread. I don't think I quite get what you mean though. Are there other Boards that have one that I could go and check out for clarification?

icon credit: crash landing
Old 01-05-2016, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I am always in favour of a new game or idea for a new Thread. I don't think I quite get what you mean though. Are there other Boards that have one that I could go and check out for clarification?
Our current game on the Shamy thread is picking gifts between Sheldon and Amy. You can go here where we're about halfway through the game.

There are 20 different gifts, each represented by a pic. We then listed 18 categories - you can see those at the end of the post. We go through the categories one at a time, so we started with Least Appreciated (if you know the Shamy ship, this makes a lot of sense). Everyone votes on which of the 20 gifts (represented by a picture) they think is Least Appreciated. The gift that gets 5 votes first wins that category and we go on to the next one.

A gift can be awarded more than one category, and in the event of a tie, we just award the category to both gifts. Nothing is ever voted "out". We also did one for Shamy kisses, and we had 10 kisses and 10 categories. But because some kisses got multiple categories, we wound up with some kisses that got nothing. This was hard for some fans to take (Shamy kisses are rare and very special to Shamy fans), so we had to come up with more categories to make sure all the kisses got one.

To give a possibility from Fringe-land, we could do one for Peter's jackets. We would find pictures of several of his jackets, then come up with categories - Most Stylish, Sexiest, Most Rugged, Most Colorful and so on.

~Heidi