OMG HE IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ADORABLE!
<3333333333

Old 09-18-2010, 03:39 PM
Pan
Master Fan

^ Aww, so cute!
Old 09-19-2010, 12:35 AM
Obsessed Fan

(Tagged as spoiler just to be safe, but it's really nothing specific)
Quote:
Are we going to find out more about how Peter’s body is holding up in this dimension? Walter asks about him looking tired.
Spoiler:
Source: ‘Fringe’ producers on alternate universes and a third season: ‘We’re interested in world building’

Now, a couple of quotes perhaps worthy of further thought, (given the interview quote I posted above) after re-watching S1.

1x11 - "Safe"
Quote:
WALTER: What I said before - didn't come out as I intended.
PETER: What, the crack about the breasts?
WALTER: No, about my disappointment in you. It has more to do with your potential than anything else. You have no idea what you're capable of Peter.
Interesting the way Walter says this, and his choice of words. He sounds very certain.

1x116 - "Ability"
Olivia's ability to turn off the lights doesn't start to work until Peter returns to her side.

1x117 - "Bad Dreams"
Quote:
WALTER: Peter... help her. Help her calm down. Go ahead, son. (Peter takes her hand)
Walter is so sure when he tells Peter to do this, no hesitation. And when Peter takes her hand, she does indeed immediately calm down.

Anyway... just some things picked up upon re-watch. Don't know if there is significance in those moments or not, but I'd like to think they mean something. I hope that we do find out in S3 what is is that makes Peter special. It's about time we knew a few more answers where he is concerned!
Old 09-19-2010, 05:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

And remember Bell’s words about him holding on better than he thought.

There’s definitely something about Peter’s touch. Not only with Olivia, but also with Walter, although with Olivia it seems to have a greater effect. It’s like the connection that he has with the machine. I’m not sure about the “Ability” scene though because when Olivia tried in the lab, Peter was with her and nothing happened. Of course, we still don’t know if it was really Olivia’s powers or it was all a trick by Jones to make her believe in her own capacities.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
I’m not sure about the “Ability” scene though because when Olivia tried in the lab, Peter was with her and nothing happened
That's only because Olivia knew Peter rigged the box to turn off so she didn't have to "try". LOL. it wasn't until she was up against a real bomb that she had to do something.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshandChristinaCursed (View Post)
That's only because Olivia knew Peter rigged the box to turn off so she didn't have to "try". LOL. it wasn't until she was up against a real bomb that she had to do something.
No, that was the second time when she did it in front of Jones, Astrid, Peter and Walter in the lab. After she asked Peter if he could do something with the lights to trick Jones, otherwise he wouldn’t cooperate. In the end Peter says “good performance”. There’s a first attempt. In front of the bomb was her third attempt.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:39 PM
Obsessed Fan

Good point, sofiab. And I had forgotten about Bell's words! Thanks for the reminder.

I wonder if Walter still has some secrets where Peter is concerned. We know Peter is special. He most likely has abilities he - and the audience - don't know about yet. But there have been hints. He is the only one, seemingly, who can power that machine. Possibly he is one of the First People (pure speculation at this point).

In S1 Peter recalled that as a child Walter used to hook him up to car batteries and shock him. It seemed assumed that Walter experimenting on Peter had to do with trying to acclimatize Peter to this universe. But if Peter didn't actually need to do that, perhaps Walter was trying to suppress in Peter whatever ability he may have? Or study him? (Which is sick, but we do know at some point Walter got even more mentally unstable).

All speculation on my part, but Peter is still the most intriguing character to me.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Possibly he is one of the First People (pure speculation at this point).
OHHHH that's a good theory, I hadn't thought about that!

But yes I totally agree, Peter is deff the most intriguing character to me too. I feel like we still don't know much about him, or at least as much as we do about everyone else. His backstory is still fuzzy, but I know the writers are doing that on purpose. I can't wait to see where this season is going to take Peter and what else we are going to find out about him.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:50 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yes, I agree. I'm hoping S3 is a big leap towards learning a lot more about Peter because it's true, we don't know that much about him still.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:58 AM
Banned

I actually hope Peter will be more flashy this season. There is a reason why we know so much about Walter and olivia, its always out in the open. With Peter, its always something subtle, so subtle that people who have been watching the show from the very beginning will notice more. Considering how little we are going to see of Peter, I hope Josh steps up his game and shows he is a valuable asset to the show. Northwest Passage wasn't the best episode to show Josh's acting (having read some reviews) so I'm hoping Josh will become more flashy and less "subtle".

I know, not all characters are going to be as flashy as John Noble or Anna Torv now that they are playing twins but come on, Josh deserves to show what he can do and not have his acting pushed into the background.

I also hope we get more action scenes with Peter. I want to see Peter kick ass once in a while just to show he is more than Pacey Witter or just the guy who has to choose between twins.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:26 AM
Obsessed Fan

But it's not Josh's fault, if I may say. It's his character. When the moments call for it, I think Josh has stepped up (the moment in "Grey Matter" where he has tears swimming in his eyes as he holds a potentially dying Walter springs to mind - subtle perhaps, but the right amount of emotion for his character). I believe the writing of his character has to allow more moments for Josh to show what an emotive actor he can be, but at the same time, we don't want Peter becoming suddenly out of character. It has to be consistent.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:31 AM
Banned

Well, sometimes a character has to become "out of character" to get a bit of attention. Walter and Olivia get to have fun with doubles while Peter has no double. He will only choose between two Olivias. So boring and not interesting as having a double. Peter gets so much criticism for not doing anything cause its never out in the open! Its bad enough whatever peter does is always being overshadowed by whatever Walter or Olivia does.

Peter can save the day and it wouldn't make a difference because olivia is the only one to kick butt.

Last edited by JoshandChristinaCursed; 09-20-2010 at 04:38 AM
Old 09-20-2010, 04:48 AM
Obsessed Fan

Um... why does it have to be a competition? I happen to love all the characters. They all have their roles, their parts in the puzzle. It's called a "team" for a reason - in every episode they all have their pieces. And no, I don't think being out of character is the answer. Exploring more of who Peter is and real, honest and logical character development is the answer. It sounds to me that the writers are indeed exploring more of what makes Peter special, his connection to the machine etc. this season. It's not all about his relationship with Alt-Livia, though of course that's a part of it (and not necessarily a bad thing, imo).
Old 09-20-2010, 04:58 AM
Banned

Its going to be interesting to see what the writers have up their sleeves with Peter.

Last edited by JoshandChristinaCursed; 09-20-2010 at 06:49 AM Reason: Being too negative
Old 09-20-2010, 06:33 AM
Elite Fan

I don't think people have a problem with Peter, I actually think a lot of people love him. At least on this board/forum, since I don't really lurk anywhere else, it seems to me that everyone loves all the characters. I don't know what you see on other boards, but I think it would be better if you kept that negativity over there because I'm pretty sure everyone who posts here loves Peter. I haven't heard one bad thing about him. Anyways, let's move on.

Fringe is back in 3 days, weeeeee! But Josh won't be in the ep since it takes place on the other side, we'll need to wait another week to see him. BUT I CANNOT WAIT. Bring it!