Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-26-2009, 07:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

^I'm still rolling in laughter over the "if you're nasty" comment. As soon as I heard it I went and listened to the Janet Jackson song (another JJ fah-wha?!) and DIED even more when she's all "No my first name isn't "baby", it's Janet. Mrs. Jackson if you're nasty!"

Old 04-27-2009, 05:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy (View Post)

Patty, you slay me.

Write to:
FOX Broadcasting Co.
P.O. Box 900
Beverly Hills, CA 90213
Is there an email address?
Old 04-27-2009, 06:47 AM
Master Fan

There isn't an email address that I know of, Patty. There may be...but I'm not sure.

With the Season Finale title of, "There is One of Everything" -- makes me wonder about the speculation that Peter is a clone or something. It's really interesting that Peter won't know things that are happening in the finale, but the audience will.

Very interesting.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:21 AM
Passionate Fan

Patty said it will be a big letdown (spoiler?), I hope she's wrong.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conway1 (View Post)
Patty said it will be a big letdown (spoiler?), I hope she's wrong.
I am only basing this on the fact that Peter has been in the background for 17 episodes and looks like Olivia and Walter will have all of the storylines. Also dreamscape comes to mind. Two scenes of Peter, nothing special.

These writers are a disappointment, so I will not surprised that the "whole reveal" will be some lame, 2 minute scene while the whole episode will be about Olivia and her special lame powers with peter's storyline in the background making jokes.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:46 AM
Dedicated Fan

I seriously hope Peter isn't a clone. I really really don't like that idea. Although I HIGHLY doubt the Jbrams and co. will let it be that simple
Old 04-27-2009, 08:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Although I HIGHLY doubt the Jbrams and co. will let it be that simple
They sure made the Tess/big eddie storyline simple, in fact, nothing came it! . They might as well do it with the stupid Peter reveal and i am positive nothing will come of that either.

I'm sorry but this show is making me very frustrated.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:58 AM
Master Fan

Where was it 'spoiled' or whatever that Josh/Peter would be in two scenes only in the finale?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshandChristinaCursed (View Post)
I'm sorry but this show is making me very frustrated.
Please. Everything makes you very frustrated. It's your middle name.

I'd appreciate if you tone down the negativity that you bring to the Josh board and avoid bleeding it over to here. There is a plan for the show and the characters and you shouldn't get too wrapped up over it.

It'll be fine.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It's really interesting that Peter won't know things that are happening in the finale, but the audience will.
I'm really interested to see that too! I'm excited ot see how it plays out. Like how we'll know and Peter won't and what exactly it IS that we're going to know. This show is such a mystery.

Quote:
They sure made the Tess/big eddie storyline simple, in fact, nothing came it!
Well we don't know that yet, the season isn't over. It could defintiely come up again.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

^Agreed. I honestly feel like there's no way Jbrams and co. would just drop the Tess/Big Eddie storyline. I've seen him mention tiny things in Lost and not mention them again until two seasons later and everyone's like "OMG! I remember that! It makes so much sense now!"
Old 04-27-2009, 09:41 PM
Extreme Fan

I think I read an interview with John Noble trialliane and the interviewer put forward the clone thing to John. John said it wasn't a clone thing with Peter. For the monster episode, Peter was the secret word, so maybe Peter has been genetically changed or is he a mix of different genetics to enhance his abilities?

The topic of Peter and "where has his development gone", is funnily enough being debated at another site. It started due to the reviewer of the last ep, being scathing of Peter's not believing, which is brought up every episode. People were commenting on his zero development to late and how his story has been put on the backburner continuously. So many clues were dropped about him in the earlier part of the series, but they just have not followed through at all. Trialliane, you mentioned a small part of his history not addressed yet.

I know that people had trouble with Olivia at the beginning and they have seemed to have really concentrated on her for the last eight eps, but they have such a talented cast I just wish they would use all of them. They've fleshed out Olivia and Walter the most, they really need to do that for the others as well. Especially Peter, as he is considered one of the three. The others are developing in the audience's eye, but Peter especially and Astrid etc aren't.

I know they have a plan in place, but still, it's unbalancing. They had two eps which were cut by Fox, we were iniatially going to get 22 and we got 20. I wonder if one of those eps was going to be about Peter? The question about Peter's past was asked at NYCC, and Pinkner replied yes in the upcoming eps. I remember, because Josh said "Really". Also, something was mentioned about Peter's past by the spoilerpeople, in the last couple of months. I think they only found out about the episode cut back when they were shooting ep 18.

Hopefully they will flesh out the other characters in season 2, cause they need to.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiechic (View Post)
They had two eps which were cut by Fox, we were iniatially going to get 22 and we got 20.
I think the number of episodes always in flux, and I think if anything it was "supposed" to be 21, not 22. But I don't think it's fair to assume they did away with a "Peter centric" episode, and we should see what the next three episodes have in store before worrying that he's not fleshed out enough.

I'm not really sure why people are worrying so much about Peter. We're only *just* finding out info on Olivia, and Walter's background has been unfolding pretty much at the same pace throughout the season. But Broyles, Nina, even Charlie (who recently had his centric episode), we know next to nothing about. None of them, including Peter, are background characters, so maybe meaty development won't happen this season for them, but it HAS to come eventually. The Bad Robot peeps have said it often, the audience has to earn a lot of the revelations. I just think back to Lost, how it took a longer time to find out about certain characters, but the reveal was totally worth the wait. I think we should just be patient, I think pretty awesome things are coming Peter's way.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:52 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilliane (View Post)
^Agreed. I honestly feel like there's no way Jbrams and co. would just drop the Tess/Big Eddie storyline. I've seen him mention tiny things in Lost and not mention them again until two seasons later and everyone's like "OMG! I remember that! It makes so much sense now!"

Exactly, if you watch any of JJ Abrams' shows (Alias and Lost come to mind) you'll discover that EVERYTHING on the show happens for a reason and everything mentioned or occured will eventually come to fruitation, be it episodes later or even seasons later! JJ Abrams shows do require some degree of patience. I learned this from Lost.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:36 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conway1 (View Post)
...if you watch any of JJ Abrams' shows (Alias and Lost come to mind) you'll discover that EVERYTHING on the show happens for a reason and everything mentioned or occured will eventually come to fruitation, be it episodes later or even seasons later!
Making mention of a little detail or tidbit that will lead to a reveal much later is the mark of a great storyteller. It proves the plan for the story was set in motion from the beginning, and that everything has a reason for being mentioned.

And people love mysteries and trying to solve them, so I'm not surprised at the huge fan following with this show and now to Peter's real reason for being involved in The Pattern. I'm thrilled that Josh is so fortunate to have essentially waited for and been available for this show.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:57 AM
Extreme Fan

I'm sure that there will be stuff about Peter coming up, well I hope so.

What I meant, was that there was going to be more I think. They were given 22 eps, and they would have planned for that. Two went, because of the financial crisis/money. I'm just putting out there, maybe one of those was Petercentric. We'll know once the finale finishes, if the stuff I read gets aired. It could of still been incorporated into the last of the eps.