Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-25-2008, 01:19 PM
Elite Fan

I would love Josh beign nominated; i mean, his performance on Fringe is more than great.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conway1 (View Post)
I'm happy Josh is on the list, but I'm suprised John Noble isn't. Unless he's considered supporting (?)
To me I would consider John and Josh equal on the show. I don't think either is a supporting. But looking at the list of the other categories and Zac Efron is on there for comedy/musical lead, makes me wonder how accurate this list might be
Old 11-25-2008, 04:30 PM
Elite Fan

I was on ONTD and the was a post about 'TV Guide's Character's We're Thankful For' and Peter was on the list!

Old 11-26-2008, 03:52 PM
Banned

Thanks so much for that!

Okay, I am hardly let down by any episode but this episode was a let down for Peter this week. I was expecting more drama between the two but all it was his ex girlfriend getting beat up.

I liked it when Peter beat up the bad guy but after that, nothing came out of it. Hopefully, Peter would be fleshed out more cause its time that Josh has his own demons instead of being the sarcastic son. If Walter and Olivia can have an episode where they battle their own demons (St Claire's and John Scott) then Peter should, too. Dreamscape was not that episode.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:24 PM
Master Fan

Yeah I was sad that this episode want very Peter focused, I can understand that it's an Olivia episode but I would have loved more scenes with Peter and wished that they were a bit longer lol.

But there will be a Peter centric episode soon I think..hopefully before they go on the winter hiatus lol.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yay! That's so true! I am more than grateful to have him on the show! They made the wise decision to hire him for Peter. There's no way I could think of anybody to play better for Peter other than JJ.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:54 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myfirstlove (View Post)
Yeah I was sad that this episode want very Peter focused, I can understand that it's an Olivia episode but I would have loved more scenes with Peter and wished that they were a bit longer lol.
I agree, but I guess they didn't want to tell his whole story yet? They probably just wanted to give you a little bit of insight as to what happened to keep you on your toes.
Old 11-29-2008, 11:37 AM
Supreme Fan

Josh would be considered the lead in Fringe, and John Noble the supporting actor.

That totally supports my age-old theory that supporting roles get the best lines and the fun stuff. Case in point: Pacey Witter, Dawson's Creek.

That's not to say Josh doesn't have great lines and is not funny or fun to watch. It's that supporting players are typically heightened, and we look forward to what they're going to get to do next.

Last edited by Ten My Love; 11-29-2008 at 12:08 PM
Old 11-29-2008, 02:11 PM
Banned

Peter is no Dawson Leery. People actually love Peter.

Last edited by JoshandChristinaCursed; 11-29-2008 at 05:55 PM
Old 11-30-2008, 12:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshandChristinaCursed (View Post)
Peter is no Dawson Leery. People actually love Peter.
I don't think anyone is saying that Peter is Dawson Leery. two very very different characters from two very very different shows.

Donna was just giving an example of lead actors and supporting actors and the material they work with.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:30 AM
Banned

Yeah well, I don't agree that supporting characters get the best lines or else there wouldn't be a Best Lead Actor category for the Oscars or the golden globes.
Peter had some great lines, too.

Let's wait until the show ends to say that Walter gets the best lines.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:28 AM
Supreme Fan

Just go right back to my post #38, Patty. You'll see that I actually inserted the following disclaimer: "That's not to say Josh doesn't have great lines and is not funny or fun to watch." Josh is great and super fun to watch in this show.

It's just that oftentimes supporting roles are quirky and "different", and are often given irreverent, memorable lines. (I would say Pacey as the supporting player was just that.) And here, Walter Bishop is no exception.

And you know me well enough that I would never say that Peter Bishop is a Dawson Leery. Goodness.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:36 AM
Banned

Josh doesn't get too much credit for his acting, anyways. John is lucky.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:06 AM
Passionate Fan

John Noble is "lucky"? Ouch...
Old 12-01-2008, 09:11 AM
Banned

John is the first Fringe actor to get nominated for an acting award at the Golden Satelittle Awards. Josh didn't get one. So frankly, he is lucky. People love him and
give him major props. Josh, not so much.